A Question Regarding the Subtitles

Official Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress forum
mra21
New Vassal
New Vassal

A Question Regarding the Subtitles

Postby mra21 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:43 am

Hello everyone. I'm planning to pre-order "Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress Premium Bonus Set" but before I do that I want to make sure that the English subtitles on the Blu-ray disc aren't locked. Therefore, could anyone please confirm that I can turn off the subtitles on the Blu-ray disc whenever I want?

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: A Question Regarding the Subtitles

Postby Mc-Taz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:46 pm

We won't know with 100% certainty until the product is actually released, but so far there are no indications that the subtitles will be non-removable from either the movie's page or the NISA Store listing. If NISA changes either of these or provides confirmation otherwise, then I'll try to remember to provide an update here.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Their releases typically say that the subs are locked, but I (and others) can easily remove the subtitles on any bluray playing device really. Except for a computer (but that would depend on the program you use probably). I've done it on a PS3, Bluray player, and a PS4.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

mra21
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mra21 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 pm

@Mc-Taz so unless one of the guys at nis confirms it, I'll have to wait for someone to buy the actual product after it's been released and confirms the matter before I could buy it :/

@vampko Are you serious?!? I did not know you could do that!! I have a Sony blu ray player so I wonder if i could do what you said with it...

Mc-Taz
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Mc-Taz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes, that's typically how it goes. NISA is usually pretty good about responding to requests about those sort of release details ahead of release though. In some cases non-removable subtitles are indicated on product pages, and the products themselves, but are not actually locked on the disc. The only concern I have personally is the involvement of TV Tokyo in the production. It's more likely that it was licensed through TMS instead, and will probably mean an unlocked release in the end. Until NIS confirms or denies a lock, there's no guarantee.

mra21
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mra21 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:06 am

Well, I got a reply from NIS Support and they confirmed that the English subtitles are not locked and that we can turn them on and off so good news I guess :)

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:07 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress”