Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F (2013, PS3, Compile Heart)

Postby Darcnova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:18 am

Momiji Inubashiri wrote:I've not bothered with this game in two weeks.
BlazBlue came out and if my PS3 is turned on at all...that's what I play.

I'll get back to Fairy Fencer F eventually, but I am finding it hard to continue playing Compile Heart titles...for whatever reason. Heck, in the time I could be playing FFF each day, I've been playing Mabinogi and ranking my skills to R1.

CH games tend to do that...the average RPG fan will probably have to space out play sessions for most CH games...I know that I have to. I enjoyed Mugen Souls and Neptunia Mk2 and Victory, but I couldn't play them without another game or two accompanying them, heh

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 am

Meh. Neptunia 1 was the only CH game -so far- that I was able to remotely tolerate (gameplay was irritating, but it wasn't enough to bother me since I've had a game that plays like that before) and make it through the whole game without another game accompanying it or some kind of prize dangling in front of my face for speed clearing it.

I just finished the demo for Fairy Fencer F (downloading took forever, but that fun half-an-hour was worth it). I couldn't piece together everything, but I got the gist of it. Wouldn't call it perfect, but it's a game that I'll definitely pick up if localized. Seems like it's worth the legit play through. Fun enough.
Proud affiliate of Planeptune and Lastation~

My 3DS Friend Code: 0216-1298-2938 | Name: Red

Little Brother's 3DS Friend Code: 1547-6245-0544 | Name: Chase

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 am

Yeah, I actually enjoy a lot of the non-Agarest CH games that I play, for a while at a time...it's why I'm so harsh on em, but continue to buy their games, as long as they look interesting enough :lol:

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:02 am

Almost at midpoint in chapter 2, story is progressing nicely so far.

Spoiler:
Looks like Shalman will join the party soon, as he appeared again, helping Fang & Co. It's quite funny to see both Alyn and Tiara idolize him, calling him "Shalman-sama", angering both Gald and Fang. It also likely that the party will fight Apollones soon.
In some sub-events Fang witnesses some citizens ripped off by Rolo and her pointless merchandise (aside info, she tries to sell that, but Fang always refuses).

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:16 am

xizro345 wrote:Almost at midpoint in chapter 2, story is progressing nicely so far.

Spoiler:
Looks like Shalman will join the party soon, as he appeared again, helping Fang & Co. It's quite funny to see both Alyn and Tiara idolize him, calling him "Shalman-sama", angering both Gald and Fang. It also likely that the party will fight Apollones soon.
In some sub-events Fang witnesses some citizens ripped off by Rolo and her pointless merchandise (aside info, she tries to sell that, but Fang always refuses).

Sounds interesting. I wish I could play

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 pm

And so the party is basically complete with all the main characters. Pipin is odd as his appearance suggests, and looks like will be in the story mostly for comic relief, due to his odd habits and manner of speech. As a curiosity

Spoiler:
he says that once he had ten swords instead of one (he also dismisses questions about the one still stuck in his head, saying that there's no need to worry about "such trivial matters"). He also talks so much people fall asleep, and it's also used as a recurring joke.

Shalman is essentially, for people who are familiar with the Arthurian legend, a modern Galahad. I believe he's a little irritating for my tastes.

Spoiler:
It's interesting to notice that Shalman's family, by his own admission, was killed by "people under the influence of the evil god", which I think it's not something said just to add some text to a sentence.

Most of the other characters gets some characterization from the (unvoiced) sub events or the general sub events. It's pretty clear that there was a deliberate choice to have a focus on Fang, Alyn and Tiara.
Also the story has started to add some foreshadowing:

Spoiler:
Tiara mentions at least twice that there's something wrong with her body - first to Alyn and then to Fang, but gets interrupted before telling what it is. She also tells Fang to "not fall in love" with her, after he saves her from some spiders, fighting without his Fury (as Alyn was in trouble as well).
Then after the new dungeon gets unlocked Alyn is shown being troubled by something the deeper the party goes in.

Things are getting interesting for sure.
Last edited by xizro345 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:47 am

*Low whistle*

Spoiler:
Dang, they seem to have done quite the job with this. Not bad, Compile. *Sigh* makes me want to play this, but I'm gonna hang on for a bit longer and wait out a month or two more for a localization announcement.

Thanks for keeping us updated, xizro. How long exactly did it take you to get everyone?

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 am

Red-Drive wrote:
Thanks for keeping us updated, xizro. How long exactly did it take you to get everyone?

I'd say 12-13 hours in the game, around halfway chapter 2 (out of four). Now I have to grind a bit Pipin and Shalman because their starting WP are too low for my tastes.

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:52 am

xizro345 wrote:I'd say 12-13 hours in the game, around halfway chapter 2 (out of four). Now I have to grind a bit Pipin and Shalman because their starting WP are too low for my tastes.

I see. That's not too bad. Four chapters is viable for relatively easy clearing as well. Thanks for heads up!

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 am

xizro345 wrote:
Red-Drive wrote:

I'd say 12-13 hours in the game, around halfway chapter 2 (out of four). Now I have to grind a bit Pipin and Shalman because their starting WP are too low for my tastes.

What ever happened to Effole tho? She made a reappearance right? You did mention the part was complete...
Spoiler:
Don't tell me she kicked the bucket and we'll never see her again...
if that happens (as trivial as it sounds) I'll probably take a miss on the game altogether.

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:27 am

ChirunoHakurei wrote:What ever happened to Effole tho? She made a reappearance right? You did mention the part was complete...
Spoiler:
Don't tell me she kicked the bucket and we'll never see her again...
if that happens (as trivial as it sounds) I'll probably take a miss on the game altogether.

No worries, dood. I've (as bad as this sounds) been watching the playthroughs online to get a general idea of the story without buying the game since I was still on the fence about it.

Spoiler:
No. Effole will eventually join the party as a permanent member and will stay there all the way into the final battle. Rest assured (and no, she does not ever die for good).

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:47 am

Red-Drive wrote:No worries, dood. I've (as bad as this sounds) been watching the playthroughs online to get a general idea of the story without buying the game since I was still on the fence about it.

AFAIK, you're correct, though

Spoiler:
Effole is not the only one who's dead at the moment. Zank died earlier and Apollones lasted just one boss fight.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am

Yep, that's enough clicking on spoilers for me :cry:
Thanks for all the info, Xizro. It definetly sounds interesting~

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 am

xizro345 wrote:
Red-Drive wrote:No worries, dood. I've (as bad as this sounds) been watching the playthroughs online to get a general idea of the story without buying the game since I was still on the fence about it.

AFAIK, you're correct, though

Spoiler:
Effole is not the only one who's dead at the moment. Zank died earlier and Apollones lasted just one boss fight.

What a relief! I can breathe easier now. Still holding my breath for a localized release sometime next year

Red-Drive
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Red-Drive » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm

^ I'm holding out as well. Shouldn't be much longer before an announcement is made. Of course, it may take a priority bump below Neptunia Re;birth1, so we'll have to hope for some good luck here. @[email protected]

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”