Will Fairy Fencer F be censored?

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
MainDaniels
Peon
Peon

Will Fairy Fencer F be censored?

Postby MainDaniels » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:03 am

Please DO NOT censor this game in even the smallest possible way please, I will not purchase this game if there is even the slightest bit of censorship or dumbed down dialogue. I'm looking for an official response on if it will be or if it will not be censored.

Please listen to my request. thank you.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Will Fairy Fencer F be censored?

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:30 am

MainDaniels wrote:Please DO NOT censor this game in even the smallest possible way please, I will not purchase this game if there is even the slightest bit of censorship or dumbed down dialogue. I'm looking for an official response on if it will be or if it will not be censored.

Please listen to my request. thank you.

An impartial third-party government organization unaffiliated with our company and the licenser will not be dictating to us what content is allowed to remain in the game and what content must be removed before we are given permission to release it. For this reason, I can confidently say that the game will not be "censored". It will be localized though. I understand that the two concepts are often conflated, but the difference between localization and censorship is actually pretty distinct.

Now, if you're worried about us as a company making those kinds of decisions for ourselves, based on what I've seen in the game so far, I can assure you that the odds of any content being removed from this title are slim to none.

As for the quality of the dialogue, I think you'll all be pleased with the finished product. But the only way you can really know for sure if the dialogue has been "dumbed down" or not is to buy the game when it comes out ;)
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

ehtnah
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ehtnah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:50 am

Maybe sometime, censorship is a small price to pay to have a game localized (like mugen souls).

But yes censorship is bad.... but having a good game stuck in Japan is worst, imo.

soooo bring the game and take my money :D

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:20 am

If we were going to censor it, we would have said so. In fact, for every game we've ever changed (all two of them) we've made it perfectly clear up front.

We really don't need a thread for every single game asking if we've censored that game. It's getting kind of tiresome.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”