Sleepyprinny99 wrote:A bit sad Tiara doesn't get a Vile God route ending but oh well.
Probably because... Sherman/Tiara was teased in this route just like Fang/Eryn and Fang/Ethel was. Kinda like how the Goddess Route heavily shipped Fang and Tiara in that one, its a similar case with pairings I said above for the Vile God Route. I would of liked a Tiara end in the Vile God route too thst being said.
Also I absolutely hate the Evil Goddess Route.
I will NEVER ship Sherman with ANYONE...I just can't stand that tool.
Ya know, alot of folks didn't like the Evil Goddess route, but I really like it.
It really took the middle ground on the other two routes in some interesting ways. Like with personalities and situations, but twisting them over just outright flipping them.
My only issues with it are:
- The lack of specials for Marianna and Noie.
- A more fleshed out Chiaki/Sherman narrative building on both his thoughts on Chiaki and his thoughts on Fang twisted by that wine. A lot of folks liked Sherman...but he's such a fake bastard who tries to damn hard and he doesn't know how to move on, at all. He's only redeemable in the Vile God route, but he's *still* lame. Plus, having beaten the route myself..ugh.
- I'm glad Galdo isn't dead, but still not being playable hurt a little.
Where I think it did well:
- Marianna being playable, obviously. A classic case of a sympathetic character who meant well but is too black and white, but unlike Sherman there was nothing insincere or forced about her actions and she wasn't driven by her ego the same way as he was. The rokt of her character is very kind, if a bit twisted.
It gets highlighted pretty nicely in this route.
- Hammering in the point that one person can't change fate and drove home just how powerless Fang was when set against the wills snd wishes of other characters'. Shermans's obsessions and obvious jealousies for one, and Appolonius' selfishness for another. They made their fates and nobody can change results that you yourself caused to happen. It's like this route was intentionally mocking Fang's ealy ingame statement about fate and willing it into existence.
- The shift from "Evil corporation" to "twisted religious sct" was a nice touch, especially with the wine. Various obvious but effective plot devices for its purposes...be it holy blood, or a symbol of addiction, it works.
- Pippin annoys me the least in this route..a HUGE bonus, and adds interesting back story to duch a weird creature.
- Lola's role was a really nice touch for me since I liked where they took it.
- A slightly more subtle version of Vile God route Ethel (who is strongly hinted to have a crush on Fang in every route and timeline...adorable twisted rabbit) and Harley (though more with her teasing actions since she didn't lose her memories) with her openness with Fang (and like Ethel is hinted to have a crush on Fang but is left hinted in this route vs outright said in the Vile God route)
- The nice difficulty spike over the other routes.
- The teasing for both an expanded in game universe and sequel.
Honestly, I liked all the routes for different reasons, but this one really sticks with me. A lot more was going on than I expected and theres lots of room to explore with sequels.
That's...just my take on things though...sorry.