Difficutly Spike?

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
JesusTakesAcid
New Vassal
New Vassal

Difficutly Spike?

Postby JesusTakesAcid » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

So without giving any spoilers, I am what i think is the 2nd half of the game. I am about 10 hours in, and Fang and Tiara are both Level 18.

Now...Im at the Lava Flows at the boss where Fang fights it solo..And uhhh It kicks the crap out of me. Like to an unholy amount. Now i have read countless times that this game is easy and there is no grinding required. (unlike Neptune mk2 and V)

Now do i just happen to suck at this RPG..Or did it get increasingly harder? Has anyone else noticed this? From searching around no ones has said anything about this difficulty spike. I mean i like repetitive grinding as much as the next guy..but my christ, this boss and these enemies are wiping the floor with me :evil:

bloodist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Difficutly Spike?

Postby bloodist » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:01 am

mmmmm...
I think if your at the half way point of the game you may have rushed.Without spoiling I can't realy say much
to help you out.I beat my 1st play through in 22hrs at lvl 58.Try to use the xp fruries for land effect.It's ok to pull the dark god furies as well!The extra xp and wp bonus will help out alot.Iwas lvl32at the 2nd half of the game.The game trivializes at 60.If you put some more info as to your location and current event quest.I could tip you on what to do.

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:32 am

While it's not necessary to "grind" a lot, you do need to invest a bit into WP, especially since the party composition will vary a lot over the course of the game, and in several occasions you'll be forced to use a premade party.

JesusTakesAcid
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby JesusTakesAcid » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:24 pm

Im on the chapter "I have done this before" And im at the boss in the lava place where you fight it solo with only Fang. I have 12 hours of play time and i am now level 21

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:01 pm

If you're having trouble grinding, start using World Shaping with EXP+ fairies. Things get much easier, especially if you're reliably grinding the fairies to Level 10.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

bloodist
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby bloodist » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 am

After spending a few hours to get where you are at on a fresh game.I found a way to beat that boss at lvl 18 :D !I abused potions for healing and got the vit bonuses for healing yourself so much.I used the L2 to boost the spd of encounters with 5 enemies found often in the lava flow.It's easier to get groups of 3-4.Let them beat you to a pulp heal and repeat.I used the fairy that had the most phys def.My porblem fighting him was not gettting killed in 1shot or two so I could heal myself my 2nd turn.I have respect for you!I can't believe you made it that far at 18.equp items that give you def.The hard part was surviving to strike and then healing myself for 2.5k the 2nd turn.try to get the easy unlock of some stat boosts off the challange system.I maxed my guardian out.Weapon boost I had combo 2,Patk4,no matk pdef and mdef4.and all the sword skills I could buy.I had to heal and use 6 potions before he died.I hope that helps you!You will miss out on a secret character if you keep up on the low lvls.his requirement is lvl40.

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”