Thoughts, side-notes and conclusion.

The official Last Rebellion Discussion Forum
Uiru
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Thoughts, side-notes and conclusion.

Postby Uiru » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 am

This game's only real flaw is that it tried to sell at "full price". It's clearly a decent low-budget game, and should have been priced as such.

I'm not sure why NISA's president apologized for this. I'd want an apology for Ar tonelico 2's bungling, or Cross Edge being allowed to exist, before this.

Oh well, four platinums now. :)
~Uiru

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 am

And nowadays, it's still expensive, although I got mine in my home-country for a good price.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:30 am

This is a game that I bought quite awhile ago, put it on my shelf, and pretty much forgot about after reading nothing but shitty reviews for it.
It's refreshing to read some decent reviews for a change.
This game (I didn't realize how short it was) sounds perfect for after I finally platinum CrossEdge (in another couple of days) to play for an RPG while waiting for Neptune to arrive.

My backlog list for RPGs is getting tremendous.
PS3 only, I've still got Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Eternal Sonata, Fallout(3), FF13, Last Rebellion, Nier, Resonance of Fate, Sacred(2), Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Record of Agarest War, and Faery: Legends of Avalon sitting there, waiting to be played.

Well, on the bright side, (from what I hear) at least I've got a lot of good games here to play when I do get the time.

Of the games that I listed, are any of them (besides Last Rebellion) notably short and quick to finish?
Now Playing: The Guided Fate Paradox

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 pm

darkrpger wrote:This is a game that I bought quite awhile ago, put it on my shelf, and pretty much forgot about after reading nothing but shitty reviews for it.
It's refreshing to read some decent reviews for a change.
This game (I didn't realize how short it was) sounds perfect for after I finally platinum CrossEdge (in another couple of days) to play for an RPG while waiting for Neptune to arrive.

My backlog list for RPGs is getting tremendous.
PS3 only, I've still got Demon's Souls, Dragon Age: Origins, Eternal Sonata, Fallout(3), FF13, Last Rebellion, Nier, Resonance of Fate, Sacred(2), Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Record of Agarest War, and Faery: Legends of Avalon sitting there, waiting to be played.

Well, on the bright side, (from what I hear) at least I've got a lot of good games here to play when I do get the time.

Of the games that I listed, are any of them (besides Last Rebellion) notably short and quick to finish?

First, Eternal Sonata and Valkyria Chronicles don't have trophy support and Faery: Legends of Avalon doesn't have a platinum. Other than those, JRPGs are really slow platinums, but I think you should begin with Nier. It's a bit long (50 hours), but it's faster than the rest, that I'm aware of.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 am

Thanks, Shizuka.

Aside from not having the trophies, were Eternal Sonata & Valyria Chronicles also both long games?

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 am

darkrpger wrote:Thanks, Shizuka.

Aside from not having the trophies, were Eternal Sonata & Valyria Chronicles also both long games?

I'd say they are as long as any JRPG, between 40~80 hours depending on how you play it.

Sawa
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sawa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 am

I just picked this game up at gamestop for $20 do not really kno anything about it but i do look forward to trying it out.
Patiently waiting~

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:41 am

Sawa wrote:I just picked this game up at gamestop for $20 do not really kno anything about it but i do look forward to trying it out.

I decided to start it while Neptune was delayed in getting here. I've only just beaten the 1st Boss-so I'm obviously not very far into it...but...from the little that I have played - I haven't found it to be half as bad as many people were saying it was.
Just my opinion here, but, I think that trying to find out all of the body-part's correct orders w/o a guide would be annoying, repetitive, and frustrating, so I just followed a guide for that part, and so far, it's been kinda' fun ;)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 am

I used a FAQ for the body parts during the entire game. It's not nice to try to get the parts right, and if you use a guide, you can focus on other things.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Shizuka wrote:I used a FAQ for the body parts during the entire game. It's not nice to try to get the parts right, and if you use a guide, you can focus on other things.

My thoughts *Exactly* :roll:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 pm

And though this game is not that bad, there's no lasting value.

Sawa
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sawa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 am

Indeed thank you very much :D .
Patiently waiting~

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:44 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
Shizuka wrote:And though this game is not that bad, there's no lasting value.

No lasting value... oh well but i never knew this game could be so hard (thats just me being very under leveled) and i ended up wasing all my keys on a single blue chest ... but lovin it so far ;)
Thanks Shizuka for you're "Thoughts, side-notes and conclusion". it was Incredibly hepful
and for making me play this game sooner :)

You're welcome. I appreciate that I could be of assistance for anyone about this game. It's really underrated.

Sawa wrote:Indeed thank you very much :D .

You're welcome, Sawa. :D

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:09 am

From the little that I played of it, I also got the impression that it was under-rated.
Just reinforces what I say about never let a bad review deter you from playing a game that you want to play.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 pm

The problem was a low-budget and little effort and experience from the developer. :?

Return to “Last Rebellion”