Is this the easiest game to platinum?

The official Last Rebellion Discussion Forum
dan26666
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Is this the easiest game to platinum?

Postby dan26666 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 pm

It took me just 15hrs to get platinum & unlike other rpgs never used a faq so it got me thinking is this the easiest ps3 game to platinum so far?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-36-77-1-49-en-90-frjm.rss

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Is this the easiest game to platinum?

Postby Ar Tonelico » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Platinum is way too easy. I don't know if it's the easiest but does rank on top on 1 of the most easiest ones available.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:15 am

So far, my easiest was Trinity Universe (other than getting 100% on some dlc games)...do you mean to tell me that this one is even easier than Trinity?
Now Playing: The Guided Fate Paradox

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 pm

darkrpger wrote:So far, my easiest was Trinity Universe (other than getting 100% on some dlc games)...do you mean to tell me that this one is even easier than Trinity?

This one requires no effort and it's about 10 hours long.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:27 am

Okay. So it's easier & much less time consuming than Trinity...Sweet.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:45 am

darkrpger wrote:Okay. So it's easier & much less time consuming than Trinity...Sweet.

The only problem is knowing what order to attack each enemy so that you can get all of these Bingos which lead to a better Bonus for each battle especially when it comes to bosses because that way you can get a 999 Bonus. In Last Rebellion you have to select each body part of the enemy and have to make a certain order on like when you'll attack that body part in each combo you make. Once you done it right, it will then show at the top what the right order is. So basically without a strategy guide or some kind of guide, you'll be playing like a guessing game on how to attack each enemy in the combos you come up with.

Plus the optional bosses you can fight before the final battle come out randomally so which means you may have to face like Prinny IV like 3 times in a row before a different Prinny shows up or maybe you can get all 4 different Prinnies one by one without any repeats and same goes for those cat-like creatures called Orange.

But yeah for the most part this is probably the shortest JRPG I can think of.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 am

Ar Tonelico wrote:
darkrpger wrote:Okay. So it's easier & much less time consuming than Trinity...Sweet.

The only problem is knowing what order to attack each enemy so that you can get all of these Bingos which lead to a better Bonus for each battle especially when it comes to bosses because that way you can get a 999 Bonus. In Last Rebellion you have to select each body part of the enemy and have to make a certain order on like when you'll attack that body part in each combo you make. Once you done it right, it will then show at the top what the right order is. So basically without a strategy guide or some kind of guide, you'll be playing like a guessing game on how to attack each enemy in the combos you come up with.

Plus the optional bosses you can fight before the final battle come out randomally so which means you may have to face like Prinny IV like 3 times in a row before a different Prinny shows up or maybe you can get all 4 different Prinnies one by one without any repeats and same goes for those cat-like creatures called Orange.

But yeah for the most part this is probably the shortest JRPG I can think of.

This combat system that you're describibg sounds a lot like the one from XenoSaga(2).

Well, I've already pre-ordered Neptune and Ar tonelico(3)...so, once I've gotten the few remaining trophies for CrossEdge (which is just taking *FOREVER*)...it sounds like Last Rebellion and Faery: Legends of Avalon will be 2 good/short games to play until Neptune gets here.

SinZinDetta
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby SinZinDetta » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:57 am

I am gonna say this was not easy to platinum because it means you would have to play through the game which was painful for the only hour I played. Just awful.

SaotomeRanma
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby SaotomeRanma » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:39 pm

It wasn't terribly difficult to get the platinum trophy for this game... except when fighting the optional bosses at the end, sometimes the wrong one showed up before I was strong enough to beat it, so it took a few tries at first. I think what really helped me during the game was to write down each enemy on paper & number the parts, and write down the combinations as I figured them out. Ironically this is the only game I've earned a platinum in so far.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Maybe it's the only one because it's really easy, and if you didn't want to figure the parts out, there are some FAQs with the parts listed in the correct order.

Tedster
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Tedster » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 pm

5ish hours for a platinum wasn't too bad. At least it balances out the 53 (!) bronzes from Gran Turismo 5... and the fact that I'll never plat that one because I refuse to spend 100+ on a decent wheel.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:48 pm

5 hours is too little, even for this game. The average I found was 10-15 hours, even with the parts FAQ and a walkthrough. Maybe it was possible if you skipped the whole story.

Tedster
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Tedster » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:59 pm

I didn't skip story (except for one movie sequence), though I didn't let anyone but Jacon actually finish speaking their lines. Just read it and moved on.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:01 pm

I wanted to make a topic discussing it from the moment I bought the game, so I waited and saw every piece of dialogue to make a solid opinion on the game. It was interesting, but it was way under-developed.

darkrpger
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby darkrpger » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 am

1st (off-topic) and @ Shizuki:

That's a pretty sweet Catherine sig that you've got there! Did you already play the japanese version, or is that just in anticipation of when it releases over here?

(Back to Last-Rebellion)

I was actually getting into this game a bit, and then Neptune got here...
I figured that I'd have time to plat. Neptune and then finish up Last Rebellion just before Qoga would be arriving here (and I would/should have, too)...
But...I screwed-up and missed 3 scenario monsters in Neptune, so now I'm running through a 2nd playthrough to complete the bestiary (all I need for that plat).

Anyhow, I guess that Qoga's on its way here since I got my shipping confirmation for it...but after that - Rebellion is at the top of my list of games to finish.

Then, maybe I'll finally get around to getting the last 15-20% that I need for the Rorona & Disgaea3 plats...

Funny. Many people curse the Cross-Edge plat...but to me...for some reason (even though I had more fun with the Disgaea3 & Rorona games)...I found that it was easier to see Cross-Edge through to the plat. than the other 2 games.

Weird, huh? :roll:

Return to “Last Rebellion”