Screens/trailers and etc

The official Last Rebellion Discussion Forum
LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: Screens/trailers and etc

Postby LastFootnote » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Lyner Barfless wrote:Heh. Because releasing games for less than what everyone else is automatically means you're "bargain bin" and not "consumer-minded". :roll:

See? It's so easy to twist words and meanings. This is why I'm fairly jaded about gaming journalism (I was involved for a couple of years and... yeah... it's not butterflies and rainbows).

I think the author was referring to the game's apparent quality, not its lower price point.

Or were you providing an example of twisting words and meanings? I'm not trying to be snide, here. I'm honestly confused. :?

EDIT: Having scanned the rest of the blog post, she doesn't really seem to love this month's other RPGs much better, with the exception of the Star Trek game. She also calls herself a trekkie right in the post, so I think we can take her opinion about that game with a grain of salt.

That being said, none of this month's RPGs look very good to me either, Last Rebellion included.

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I listen to their podcasts quite a bit and have a feel for the types of games the ATB hosts would like. At this point I'm skeptical whether there is a single 1up employee remaining who enjoys non-FF/DQ JRPGs... It's easier to rip into a game that exhibits lower production qualities when one knows it wasn't for him/herself in the first place. Not expecting a fair shake from them in the future, but the wording I bolded reads like a low blow, especially since it generalizes the entire company and fails to recognize the actual developer is partitioned from NIS' main team. One of the replies there picked up on that anyway.

Lyner Barfless
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Lyner Barfless » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:24 pm

LastFootnote wrote:
Lyner Barfless wrote:Heh. Because releasing games for less than what everyone else is automatically means you're "bargain bin" and not "consumer-minded". :roll:

See? It's so easy to twist words and meanings. This is why I'm fairly jaded about gaming journalism (I was involved for a couple of years and... yeah... it's not butterflies and rainbows).

I think the author was referring to the game's apparent quality, not its lower price point.

Or were you providing an example of twisting words and meanings? I'm not trying to be snide, here. I'm honestly confused. :?

EDIT: Having scanned the rest of the blog post, she doesn't really seem to love this month's other RPGs much better, with the exception of the Star Trek game. She also calls herself a trekkie right in the post, so I think we can take her opinion about that game with a grain of salt.

That being said, none of this month's RPGs look very good to me either, Last Rebellion included.

Oh, no snide-ness taken. I was just twisting the words and meanings, making it sound like a positive. It's pretty popular to take quotes in or out of context and make them mean two totally different things. So, if you wanna have a giggle, try it on some of the other RPGs being previewed. Make them glowing or scathing. It's fun! :lol:
日本だけため Vert: "Oh, my... To think that someone posted a falsehood on an Internet message board!" 日本だけため

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Picked up my copy today, but it'll be awhile before I get around to playing it.

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:14 pm

picked up my copy at my local store, played tonite around 2 hours and so far i'm liking the game..sure, the graphics are outdated but the game play seems interesting as of now ...oh by the way, fights are really long but i guess that helps to stretch the game since i have heard that its on the short side storywide... :lol:

any questions or comments are more than welcomed ;)

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 pm

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/last-rebe ... 3513688071
Gamesradar likes the combat, artwork, and body sharing. They don't like the graphics engine, camera, or the story.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Just started playing this, what is the big deal with the graphics? Maybe it's cause I'm not a graphics whore but they look good to me, so far only thing I don't like is Nine's voice theres just something amiss about it.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm

From what I read in the review, they didn't like how it was a bunch of brown graphics.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Hrrm too much brown? I don't even know what to say to that, did all the reviewer do while playing was look at the ground? The game ain't half as awful as everyone is going on about, I'm not too far in but so far it's pretty decent its not like mind blowing ZOMG awsum!! but it's not bad either and well I'd say its more for the hardcore RPG player and not the novice that only plays FF or KH and the other newb friendly RPGs.

ammyrodrics

Postby ammyrodrics » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:50 am

Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Last Rebellion”