Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Official Makai Kingdom discussion forum.

Re: Makai Wars: Vengeance of Asagi

Postby 17thColossi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Please just stop trolling me. Seriously. I'm getting a little fed up with this.

You can't throw away the fact that she was created for the sole purpose of being the main character of the sequel. They created the series, they know where they wanted to go with it. They stated several times that she was going to be the main character of Makai Wars, it's in her character bio in several games as well. This is not irrelevant. It may be in your opinion but the devs wanted her to be the main character the game.

Me being a fan is irrelevant, I only said that because I wanted to tell you why you are annoying me.

I don't want to argue, I never wanted to. Please just leave me alone and go bother somebody else.
17thColossi
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm

17thColossi wrote:Please just stop trolling me. Seriously. I'm getting a little fed up with this.

You can't throw away the fact that she was created for the sole purpose of being the main character of the sequel. They created the series, they know where they wanted to go with it. They stated several times that she was going to be the main character of Makai Wars, it's in her character bio in several games as well. This is not irrelevant. It may be in your opinion but the devs wanted her to be the main character the game.

But the game ended up cancelled and rather throw away a character they'd already revealed by having a cameo role in an actual game, they decided to set her on a mission to become the main character of something, which has sort become all she is now, she's really only kinda known now for for trying to hijack other games constantly.
Then again, that is all see seems to do now. I don't thinks she's actually done anything else since.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby 17thColossi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
17thColossi wrote:Please just stop trolling me. Seriously. I'm getting a little fed up with this.

But the game ended up cancelled and rather throw away a character they'd already revealed by having a cameo role in an actual game, they decided to set her on a mission to become the main character of something, which has sort become all she is now, she's really only kinda known now for for trying to hijack other games constantly.
Then again, that is all see seems to do now. I don't thinks she's actually done anything else since.

Yes but the original intent of this idea of mine would be for it Makai Wars actually came out. Seeing as how a rumour that it is still not completely cancelled due to NIS registering Makai Wars in Japan as a PS3 game, it's okay to speculate about what the story would be.

That was my original purpose was to try to give Asagi a proper ending for her game. A closure for her story. She can't get closure if she is a side-character like Mid-boss. I wasn't saying that my idea was perfect, far from it. But if Makai Wars ever gets developed and released, I would hope she would get to be the main character and give her closure. Not to be tortured by being an everlasting side-character.
17thColossi
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Seventh » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:19 am

Me being a fan is irrelevant, I only said that because I wanted to tell you why you are annoying me.

I don't want to argue, I never wanted to. Please just leave me alone and go bother somebody else.

Are you... serious? I mean, really? I'm not trolling you and I never have been. Chill out. I'm getting a little fed up with YOU, if anything.

She was intended to be the main character, but she wasn't. Hell, for all we know, the REAL deal was they never planned on making Makai Wars and set it all up entirely to give Asagi a meta backstory. And saying she's "tortured"? It sounds like you're a little too invested in this, dude.

If they give her "closure", hell, if she even has a few MINUTES as a proper main character, that's it. We lose the Asagi we've had for so long and we'll never get her back again. I. Don't. Want. That.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Why would Asagi be "tortured" in fact she is far far from that. If she was the main character say bye bye to Asagi because her mission will be over and she will have her game so no need to travel to so many other Netherworlds and try to take them over. She is also the most used Side-character in N1 games right below Laharl. She literally is the "Queen" of all side-characters. So if Makai Wars really did come out you wouldn't be seeing her in has many games. Also she would have a completely differant personality. If Asagi ever got a game I would love for it just to be a extra story mode all about her(In her human form not Prinny) only for it to not have had any effect on anything.
ImageImageImage
AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Rednal » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 am

Considering the rate at which side-characters show up in games, I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck around, really...
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Rednal wrote:Considering the rate at which side-characters show up in games, I wouldn't be surprised if she stuck around, really...

At which point, as opposed to having a purpose, she would be being shoehorned in and all the humor would be stale and, well, she'd be kind of pointless.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby syaondri » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:49 am

Um... if I may... wasn't the Prinny 2's Asagi War actually give the side story's "main character" role to her? for the least she got a main character role even though on a side story.

and on my opinion, the story... that is not a story of a random Side Story usually appearing on NIS games---which as far as I've seen, and note that I haven't seen all of the side story--- the story is.... EPIC dood really, that really brings me into manly tears dood, I swear.

Her Break Mode theme song is also great and yeah moving, I had it as my alarm on my phone :D

oh, and note Flonne's words too... if... you know what I meant ^^ (( I won't be telling spoilers dood, but let me tell you which Flonne's word I did refer to; ---Battleship, Asagi, main character, now )) I think that is one of the awesome words came up from the lovely love freak.

I also agree with everyone above me, Asagi should be better to be an eternal mascot of NIS games~
syaondri
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mario_0345 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.
mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby syaondri » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm

mario_0345 wrote:Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.

Did you meant that once Asagi had her game she'll then be overexcited on being a main character. Thus, after her game finished, problem is that she still wanted to be a main character again?

Quite interesting if I say so.... but;
isn't that quite Laharl-ish?

oh and what about the Asagi War ending OAO...
syaondri
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Seventh » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:29 pm

mario_0345 wrote:Actually even if Asagi got to be the main character you could easily have her come back. Simply have her enjoy the power that being a main character got her so much that she becomes addicted to it, and now has a need, not just a want, to be the main character, with other characters commenting on how her need to be the main character again is warping her sanity. after all her sanity is already warping, being the main character and losing it would finally be the straw that broke the camels back. After all not knowing what you've lost hurts, but having your dream finally granted only to lose it hurts a lot more.

That's... rather over the top. And not in the good way that NIS is known for.

Really, what she is now is fine. She is not this tragic, insane heroine that needs a game. She's a mascot/in-joke, and she's a damn good one.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Naska » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 am

Basicly what i thougth too but she could aswell have just dreamed the whole game... leaving choices to change her personality only sligthly if wanted.
Naska
Majin
Majin

Postby Prinnish » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/12/nippon-ichi-president-interview-continues-with-soul-nomad-vita-and-future-plans/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/01/our-fan-powered-interview-with-nis-americas-president-part-2/

tl;dr Makai Wars does exist... kinda. In NIS President Souhei Niikawa's brain. NIS already has a trademark for it, but it's probably not due for awhile.

So Asagi'll do her schtick as Eternal Next Main Character until it gets tired, have her day in the limelight, then fade into obscurity.

That being said, the dev team seems to like Asagi a lot, so I wouldn't count on Makai Wars for a long while.
Prinnish
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Dryicefox » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:44 pm

I say,I think this may be the most reasonable idea I have thought of this very hour!
Just like the first person said,but in the game some of the things overlap.And when she gets to the president of N1 she IS told she was the main character and then."Asagi...Asagi.Asagi!Honey she is waking up!"It turns out to be a dream and Asagi has been in a coma!
Asagi:"Who are you?" Asagi says in a night gown
Her Dad:"It is me your father.I cannot believe that you finally woke up!"
Asagi looks over to a doctor.
Asagi:What are you doing.
The doctor grips the plug and pulls it out. And from there it goes on. Leaving her with..."What happend to my game?"
Let's get Disgaea One for DLC on Disgaea Four!
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=741

Putties in the Netherworld? Oh boy!
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=800
Dryicefox
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dood » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:02 am

Dryicefox wrote:I say,I think this may be the most reasonable idea I have thought of this very hour!
Just like the first person said,but in the game some of the things overlap.And when she gets to the president of N1 she IS told she was the main character and then."Asagi...Asagi.Asagi!Honey she is waking up!"It turns out to be a dream and Asagi has been in a coma!
Asagi:"Who are you?" Asagi says in a night gown
Her Dad:"It is me your father.I cannot believe that you finally woke up!"
Asagi looks over to a doctor.
Asagi:What are you doing.
The doctor grips the plug and pulls it out. And from there it goes on. Leaving her with..."What happend to my game?"

It's okay but I would like something that has to do with Makai Kingdom and not something that has to do with her losing her own game.
dood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Makai Kingdom