Fast on the heels of our last game, I'm opening signups for the next one. It will largely be the same as last time, though I might switch a couple of roles and the theme will be different.
Article I: Introduction
If you're a total Mafia newbie, I'd advise looking at this so you can get a basic idea of what's going on. If you're still confused, just ask in the topic and either I or one of the other players can answer your question. Please note that I will not answer questions like "Who is Mafia" or "Who should we lynch?"
Article II: Rules
1) You sign up, you play the game. Playing this game effectively relies almost entirely on communication among the players. If you do absolutely nothing, you will either be a lynch target or incur the wrath of everyone else for your indolence. If you miss an entire game day (day phase+night phase), I reserve the right to kill off your character. Should you become unavailable to play at any point, it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
2) Unless stated otherwise, day phases are 72 hours long and night phases are 48 hours long.
3) PMing among players is allowed. There will be a Mafia PM which I set up at the game's start where all official business will be conducted. CCing me on any PMs is completely optional. If you really want me to read something that you wrote, go for it. But if you want to stay secretive about it, that's your prerogative. Like any good class action settlement, you do not have to opt into using PMs. However, if you will be refusing to participate, I would ask that you state your intention to abstain prior to the end of the Night 0 (explained below) phase
4) If a majority of the currently living players at any point votes for one person to be lynched, that person is automatically marked for death. There are no exceptions and moving a vote around will be fruitless. Alternatively, if no majority is reached, the person with the most votes will be executed. Proxy voting may be allowed under extenuating circumstances (See: In re Ubiquitor
from Mafia Project 4).
5) If there is a tie, the tie will be broken by random.org. One player will be assigned even numbers, one odd. If there is a three-way tie, I will explain that when it actually happens.
6) Role revealing is allowed. Obviously, you can lie about your role.
7) Roles will be revealed upon death.
8) What happens in PMs, stays in PMs. Don't go screenprinting or quoting anything from a PM.
9) This game will have a start phase of Night 0. This is a special 24-hour introductory phase in which players may converse in the topic with no fear or pressure to act. All role powers and PMs are disabled during this period. However, participation is mandatory. Should you fail to post prior to the end of Night 0, you will be GM-killed and barred from any further participation in the game.
10) Remember to have fun. This is a game, after all.
The following players are alive and well as of D5:
The following players have asked to be put on the Do Not PM List:
The following players are dead:
13) Nazou (Roan-Granda II) (Vanilla Townie)-lynched D1
6) Lopez (Ziggy-Xenosaga series)(Mason) was decapitated on Night 1
9) Sjsharks182 (Ghaleon-Lunar series)(Mafia Goon)-lynched on Day 2
10) Phoenix_Apollo (Citan Uzuki-Xenogears)(Jailer)-beaten to death on Night 2
11) DisgaeaBlitz (Meredia O'Keife-Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber)(Vanilla Townie) was drowned Night 2
12) JerichoDeath(Lakilester-Paper Mario)(Vanilla Townie) was lynched Day 3
1) Vampko-Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI)(Mafia Goon) was lynched Day 4
5) DarkClaymore-Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga)(Mason) was dismembered Night 4
7) Ubiquitor-Luca Blight (Suikoden II)(Mafia Godfather) was lynched Day 5
Here are the death scenes which have occurred:Day 1Night 1Day 2Night 2Day 3Night 3Day 4Day 5