Cross Edge website

The official former Cross "something" Discussion Forum
Hero
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Cross Edge website

Postby Hero » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:28 pm

i don't see any reason to bring the website back. the game is no longer in print, so why promote it? i'm just happy the DLC is back.

Dark Hope
Majin
Majin

Postby Dark Hope » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:20 pm

this guy is now on my "top 3 hated people list" ... and that's saying something because I only hate a grand total of 2 people now.
Click your favorite!
ImageImageImage

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Dark Hope wrote:this guy is now on my "top 3 hated people list" ... and that's saying something because I only hate a grand total of 2 people now.

Is Jack Thompson one of them? I believe he attempted to take down the video game concept itself by poisoning perceptions about them.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

Tifanity
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Tifanity » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am

I am very late to this I know but all I can say is wow :shock:

All over ONE word? So does that mean that movie trailers that say "It will have you on the "EDGE" of your seat" have been paying this guy too? So NAMCO has been sued for "Soul EDGE"?

Crazy people these days....

bassgsnewtype
Vassal
Vassal

Postby bassgsnewtype » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:48 pm

True, but at least someone had the sense to shut that douchebag down.

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

I remember reading about this guy. His income is based off of sueing people.
To this day I cant understand how courts actually let him get away with it for as long as he did.
Honestly when I read about it I felt like trademarking the alphabet. Think of all thos lawsuits I could have id be set for life!
The funny part is I dont think its fair to trademark any word realy unless you have a consistant flow of,in this case, games with that particular phrase in it,wich this person didnt. I think its different if he did indeed have a game called Cross Edge but he never did so IMO its not fair to sue when you never even had a game in the making even similar to what was released.
But thats my opinion on a quite old topic lol^^

Limitations
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Limitations » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:18 pm

This sort of thing shouldn't even be allowed. That guy should have been laughed out of the court room. Also, someone should get the rights for the word "Dark."

From the Wiki page:
"Edge Games applied for a US trademark for the phrase, "Edge of Twilight." This is the name of an upcoming steampunk fantasy game that has been in development by Fuzzyeyes Studios for at least two years."

Seriously, that's just wrong. They've been devloping the game, then they come out and take the name from out under them.

Rihawf
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rihawf » Mon May 23, 2011 11:37 am

Wow.
All of this because of one lousy word? o__o
That's...weird and funny at the same time.
Spoiler:

Suffo
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Suffo » Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 pm

Makes me hate the world... and humans.

Misanthropy.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:11 pm

I see... So that's why I can't find any copy of this game anywhere, because of this lawsuit problem. *sighs* I don't get it, why should NIS sales suffer from that in America? It's only a word, easily interchangeable with another one... Like I wouldn't mind this game being recalled Cross Borders or something like that, but making a fuss over the word "Edge" is just plainly immature from that guy.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:I see... So that's why I can't find any copy of this game anywhere, because of this lawsuit problem. *sighs* I don't get it, why should NIS sales suffer from that in America? It's only a word, easily interchangeable with another one... Like I wouldn't mind this game being recalled Cross Borders or something like that, but making a fuss over the word "Edge" is just plainly immature from that guy.

Even without that dumbass, this game has been out for 2 years in America. So it would still be hard to find even without him. Might find a Gamestop that still has it or could just buy it off of Amazon.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:19 am

I might do just that and order it online through a friend, since I'm not "allowed" to own a credit card for a very good reason, I'm a shop-a-holic and imposed myself a limit. It will be more simple that way. I already have the cash to buy, so I guess I'll be okay.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:26 am

I was lucky and came across a used copy the other day. XD;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:45 am

I tend to never buy games used. Once I see a scratch on them, specially if they're overpriced and scratched all over the place. I saw a copy of Disgaea 3 for 20 bucks at a flea market. It had a huge and deep scratch all over the disk, I decided not to get it.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 am

Teddie Sage wrote:I tend to never buy games used. Once I see a scratch on them, specially if they're overpriced and scratched all over the place. I saw a copy of Disgaea 3 for 20 bucks at a flea market. It had a huge and deep scratch all over the disk, I decided not to get it.

PS3 games are scratch resistant thanks to the Blu-ray coating they use. Sometimes you may find a mark that looks like a scratch on them, but they rub right off. The only downside to this Blu-ray coating is that it does bring more fingerprints onto the disc than dvd. Though scratch resistant doesn't mean scratch proof.

But with that said, buy the game as new to support NISA.

Return to “Cross E... that is no longer”