(Wii) The Last Story

Forum for making game localization requests via posts/polls/whatever.

(Wii) The Last Story

Postby Ookiiushidesu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:19 pm

Developer(s): Mistwalker, AQ Interactive[1]
Publisher(s): Nintendo
Director(s): Hironobu Sakaguchi
Producer(s): Yutaka Takehisa
Designer(s): Hironobu Sakaguchi[1], Takuya Matsumoto[1]
Artist(s): Kimihiko Fujisaka
Writer(s): Masaru Hatano, Takatoshi Aoki, Hironobu Sakaguchi[1]
Composer(s): Nobuo Uematsu
Platform(s): Wii
Release date(s): JP January 27, 2011
Genre(s): Action RPG
Mode(s): Single-player, multiplayer
Rating(s): CERO: B
=======================================================================================
[*]NOTE: I do not know how publishing works or copyrights. This is for the Wii, and I'm not sure even if you'd be able to do this. But I cannot find US release dates for this anywhere(1)

[*]This looks like a wonderful game!!! Especially since this is for the Wii! I am seriously going to buy a Japanese Wii and import this game if they don't make a US release.....(2)

I would love to see this game in America. It's made by the creator of Final Fantasy.... So I definitely love it already. Plus, so many people that think Wii is just for little kids and crap games would be like O.O when they saw this for it. I think it could do really well.

(1) http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-20-why-the-last-story-is-japan-exclusive <------This just disgusts me >.> This game could do so well!
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBV7mbvRSYw
Last edited by Ookiiushidesu on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ookiiushidesu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: (Wii) The Last Story

Postby Ookiiushidesu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Ookiiushidesu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby stealth20k » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:25 pm

nintendo of europe is going to hold this like grim death
Twitter - @Stealth___
stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby BlackIceJoe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:01 pm

It is really sad that this game & Xenoblade are not coming out. Two really cool Wii games. From what people have said who went to E3 & asked Reggie & other member of Nintendo. Nintendo just does not have any desire to bring this game out. Nintendo of America really is horrible to let these two games not come out. At lease Nintendo of Europe will bring the games out. But if you don't live in Europe you are out of luck.

So I would be all for NISA being able to bring this game out. But unfortunately they most likely will not be able too. Because of reasons that Nintendo would look like a fool if the game becomes a hit & other reasons. I was on Neogaf earlier & even Victor Ireland chimed in on a topic about this very game & Xenoblade. He was saying because of different politics that it would be very hard to bring out a game like these two. So the only chance of these games of coming out are if Nintendo them selves bring them out.

Which is sad because Nintendo is fine with bringing out games like Wii Play Motion. Which no one asked for but ones people have been begging for Nintendo passes on. Lots of great games NOA has passed on. I myself really wanted to play Captain Rainbow. But I never got a chance too. So if some how it being very rare that NISA or any one else can bring the game out I would be thrilled.
BlackIceJoe
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby smile72 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 am

Not true, BlackIceJoe you could buy a European Wii, and I don't think The Last Story was announced for Europe. I know Xenoblade was.
smile72
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby stealth20k » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 am

smile72 wrote:Not true, BlackIceJoe you could buy a European Wii, and I don't think The Last Story was announced for Europe. I know Xenoblade was.

last story is wink wink europe now. It basically was confirmed without being confirmed if that makes sense. Kidna like neptune and nisa
Twitter - @Stealth___
stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:11 am

Nintendo of America seems intent on keeping this and Xenoblade away from America. I doubt NISA would be able to budge them.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 am

at least it will be in english. I cant say the same for alot of games
Twitter - @Stealth___
stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby smile72 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 am

Ah, well then I hope it does reach Europe, because then there's an English release we can all play.
smile72
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby stealth20k » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:35 am

smile72 wrote:Ah, well then I hope it does reach Europe, because then there's an English release we can all play.

thats the rumor
Twitter - @Stealth___
stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ookiiushidesu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 am

That's sad.... American companies are so stupid....

So would you have to buy a European Wii for it? Or would a Euro game work on an American console? I hope not. I'm probably just going to stick to buying a Japanese Wii and import the games.... I'm already learning Japanese. I might just continue and then not give NoA any of my business, and stick with all Japanese games. I think that sounds like a plan :)
Ookiiushidesu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby vampko » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Ookiiushidesu wrote:That's sad.... American companies are so stupid....

So would you have to buy a European Wii for it? Or would a Euro game work on an American console? I hope not. I'm probably just going to stick to buying a Japanese Wii and import the games.... I'm already learning Japanese. I might just continue and then not give NoA any of my business, and stick with all Japanese games. I think that sounds like a plan :)

You would need to mod your American console to play it. Otherwise, you cannot play a European Wii game on an American Wii.
My AniList (no need to reg to view) PSN Trophy account
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Saber » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Has NoA really said there is no way this game is coming out or have they not just said anything?
Saber
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ookiiushidesu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 pm

I believe the link I posted said they aren't planning on it. If not, I believe I have read that they said no.

And oooooo, nice. Where do I get the mod for the European stuff? And is there a mod for the Japanese games?
Ookiiushidesu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby smile72 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:37 am

Are we allowed to offer modding your Wii? That's why I went the Euro Wii route, less problems. If you mod your American Wii it will allow you to play Euro and Japanese games. But buy them legally! Support the companies!!!
smile72
Geo Master
Geo Master

Next

Return to Game Requests