Impulse Buy

Official Our Home's Fox Deity discussion forum.

Impulse Buy

Postby Obake » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, I'd meant to wait to buy this until A) I'd seen some of the series, and B) a regular edition came out. Ended up buying it on impulse at NISA's booth at AX, so I hope it is at least as good as it looks.

Even if it's not, at least I got cool freebies like the TriUni artbook and a Jaqli (IIRC) pillowcase :D
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Impulse Buy

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:37 am

Obake wrote:Even if it's not, at least I got cool freebies like the TriUni artbook and a Jaqli (IIRC) pillowcase :D

Those were your freebies? I got the prinny silly bands and a choice of a soundtrack (can't recall to what) or a coin figure from the first disgaea.
<Kana> what the f*** have i been doing last year
<bloo> *shrugs*
<bloo> doing your sister?
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:48 am

Obake wrote:Well, I'd meant to wait to buy this until A) I'd seen some of the series, and B) a regular edition came out. Ended up buying it on impulse at NISA's booth at AX, so I hope it is at least as good as it looks.

Even if it's not, at least I got cool freebies like the TriUni artbook and a Jaqli (IIRC) pillowcase :D

/offtopic

Pics, plz. Those are some serious freebies xD
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 pm

First off, the artbook. Bonus for spending $100 at the booth, but they were cool enough to give it to me at $95.
The pillowcase
And for completeness, the rubber band thingies.

Edit: ok, size parameters for the img tags don't seem to work, fixed.
Last edited by Obake on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Aphrah » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:29 pm

These forums only work with [img] /img] . No resizing option or plug-in. If they images are too large, just link to them xD

Edit: Wow, those are some awesome freebies. Especially the pillow case. Want! Art book looks nice too. But, just what are those rubber thingies?
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Aphrah wrote:But, just what are those rubber thingies?

I'm not really sure, obviously I haven't opened them up. Near as I can tell, just rubber bands in Disgaea shapes for some reason.

I ought to take pics of all the stuff I bought and throw them up in the AX thread, just been lazy and too busy finally watching K-ON.

Back OT, I watched the first 2 eps this afternoon, seems decent so far.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Like I said they are Prinny Silly Bands. You know those weird bracelets all the kiddies are rocking these days? No? I work with kids, that's my excuse. Anyways. Basically they are rubber bands that don't lose their shape. You wear them colorfully on your wrist or they have a necklace where you can wear them so they keep their shape on you.

What will they think of next?

Was the pillowcase a bonus for spending around that much too?
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:17 pm

It was set up with milestones. As I said the artbook was for spending $100, the bands were the low one, prolly 10 or $20, the pillowcase was somewhere in the middle.

So those things are bracelets? Huh.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:05 am

I think the bracelets were free with any order or so it appeared. Was the next lowest 50? Because I only got the bands and one other free item. I didn't see pillow case up there at all. Maybe it changed on the days? Though when I made my purchase it didn't go with what the board said, tho I can't be sure the board was even up when I purchased. I didn't realize it until later in the day and I made my purchase first day right when the doors opened before the first autograph signing. They were still trying to organize the anime and the auto station when I went.

I think the board said spend 50 and get a soundtrack, spend 75 and get a coin figure. I don't know what 100 was. I spent 60 something and they let me choose between the figure and the soundtrack.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 am

Hmmm, I really don't remember what exactly all the cutoff points were, but 50 or 60 seems logical. I'm pretty sure what I got did match the board too.

What's odd is that I also went on the first day, not right when the doors opened, but within a few hours.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby bloodyaftertaste » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 am

Obake wrote:Hmmm, I really don't remember what exactly all the cutoff points were, but 50 or 60 seems logical. I'm pretty sure what I got did match the board too.

What's odd is that I also went on the first day, not right when the doors opened, but within a few hours.

Maybe they already ran out of coin figures? Celts was shocked to hear they had any left when I told him I got one.
<bloo> *shrugs*
<Kana> wow, bloo
<Kana> just wow

bloodyaftertaste
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 am

Maybe. If so, lucky me!
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:58 pm

So as of episode 6, this series was definitely worth buying. Not the greatest show I've ever seen by any means, but well worth seeing.

I'm simultaneously happy and disappointed that male-form Kugen is taking a backseat tho. Obviously hot foxgirl >> fox guy, but it does feel like the show's missing out on opportunities for funny situations.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Obake » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:03 pm

And now I'm finished.

Seriously rushed ending, started and finished in like 10 minutes. Aside from that and Toru's stupidity (or innocent naivete, whatever you wanna call it) I quite enjoyed this show.

And I think NISA did a fine job on the subtitles. No glaring spelling or grammar mistakes. A couple things I personally would've translated a bit differently, but nothing I could point to a say it was outright wrong. In other words, at least as good as more established anime localization companies.

Personally I'm not a fan of the oversized packaging (why I originally planned to wait for a standard release), but it does look good, and the artbook is fairly nice. On-disc extras seemed a underwhelming to me. Creditless OP/ED, commercials, and an extra disc with... live footage from release events? Why?

Anyway, long-winded way of saying "Good job, NISA" and I will likely buy more shows from you. The first 2 eps of Pandora Hearts were good, and everything else you have is something I'm interested in checking out, except Toradora. Did not like that show.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Return to Our Home's Fox Deity