For those of you who are familiar with IRC and what it is, here are the relevant server details:
- Server Address: irc.santoroarts.com
- Server Port: 6667 or 8080 if that doesn't work
- Channel: #nisa
If you don't want to deal with a client, you can simply click this link to join using your web browser. Type your desired nickname and continue. This works on IE, Firefox, and Chrome, but I'm not sure about others.
Some browsers and region setting combinations will automatically translate the %23 into a # in that URL above. If it doesn't work just by clicking on it, copy this url into your address bar:
- Code: Select all
For those new to using an IRC client, I recommend mIRC for most people. Here's a quickie on how to enter the information the first time you connect. I'm not going to support this OR PUTTING UP YOUR OWN SERVER, but here's the quick and dirty for those who want to try it.
- After installation, run the program, and you'll be greeted by the options window.
- Type in the nickname you wish to use, followed by the alternate in case it's already used or your connection is flakey and you double connect.
- You don't have to fill in your Name or Email.
- In the left hand side, select Servers, then click the Add button on the right.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Description: Unofficial NISA IRC
- IRC Server: irc.santoroarts.com
- Ports: 6667,8080
- Leave other fields blank.
- Click Add at the bottom.
- Make sure the server we just added is selected, then press the Select button to make it the default server when you connect.
- Click Connect
- In the Join window, type #nisa (with the # symbol) and click Join
- If you do not get the Join window, you can type /join #nisa in a commandline window to get there.
- If you want to change your name while chatting, the syntax is /nick username