What should the next theme for Disgaea be?

Official forums for any game taking place in the universe on any platform. Awesome, dood!

Re: What should the next theme for Disgaea be?

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am

That would be awesome and it would be cool if it went all the way to his death.
Spoiler:
And to him becoming Vyers
I also think Laharl's moms name is Claire. I don't know why though
ImageImageImage
AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Redhorse » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:14 am

Larkybroages wrote:
Redhorse wrote:but a half-demon protagonist might be interesting.

I believe Laharl was half-demon. I think his mother was a human witch. I may be wrong about this though.

Oh, that's right! *facepalm* I totally forgot about that. :lol:

Mabye demons living in the human world, then? They said something about Val being a tyrant there before, right?
Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Larkybroages » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 am

AsukaNeumaki wrote:That would be awesome and it would be cool if it went all the way to his death.
Spoiler:

Well she's a witch and a that's a very witchy name. I wanted that too at first! But..
Spoiler:
The death of Krichevskoy being from a pretzel was a lie because he actually died because he used the last of his strength to seal Baal away. So I was like, "BAAL COULD BE THE LAST POST GAME BOSS!...AGAIN!" But then a problem struck! Laharl's mom died before Krichevskoy did so we would lose a playable character permanently before the end of the post game.

But what I really want is for them to go to summon the current Laharl and Etna to see how they react to each other.
Spoiler:
I think Etna was in love with Krichevskoy and I don't think Laharl ever found out Vyers was Krichevskoy so I'm really interested in how Laharl would react now that he understands love.

*Edit
Redhorse wrote:Mabye demons living in the human world, then? They said something about Val being a tyrant there before, right?

Yeah, I think that's an interesting idea too.
Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Croix » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:49 pm

We could always get a female angel that is a fallen angel at the start of the game in the netherworld. Could even give us a Fallen Angel Class.
Croix
Geo Master
Geo Master

Location: "Disgaea? Is that where Priere went? Than why am I not there?"

Postby Mlada » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm

AsukaNeumaki wrote:That would be awesome and it would be cool if it went all the way to his death.
Spoiler:

Well she's a witch and a that's a very witchy name. I wanted that too at first! But..
Spoiler:
The death of Krichevskoy being from a pretzel was a lie because he actually died because he used the last of his strength to seal Baal away. So I was like, "BAAL COULD BE THE LAST POST GAME BOSS!...AGAIN!" But then a problem struck! Laharl's mom died before Krichevskoy did so we would lose a playable character permanently before the end of the post game.
[/quote]

Spoiler:
We lost Flonne before the final boss fight in the first game...it wouldn't be the first time...
Mlada
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Larkybroages » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Mlada wrote:
Spoiler:
We lost Flonne before the final boss fight in the first game...it wouldn't be the first time...

THAT ANNOYED ME SO MUCH! But it's true.
But also
Spoiler:
Laharl's mom died years before Krichevskoy did. Laharl was put to sleep for two years and in that two years Krichevskoy died. Because when Laharl woke up he asked about him.
Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby AsukaNeumaki » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:31 am

Spoiler:
Laharl's mom died over 1000 years ago in the game. I imagine if we did lose her she would stay on your team but just not appear in the story anymore
ImageImageImage
AsukaNeumaki
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Larkybroages » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 am

AsukaNeumaki wrote:
Spoiler:
Laharl's mom died over 1000 years ago in the game. I imagine if we did lose her she would stay on your team but just not appear in the story anymore

I'd hope so, but we don't have to fight
Spoiler:
Baal.
We could fight
Spoiler:
Pringer X or Sammy as the last post game boss or something.
Larkybroages
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 am

I'd kind of like there to... NOT be a theme. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed 3 and 4 - moreso than 1 and 2, even - but 1 and 2's worlds and societies just DIDN'T have "themes" in the way that 3 and 4 do, and to be honest, 4 doesn't really even do as good a job with the politics element as it could have (especially when you compare how well 3 did with the school).

In any case, I'd like to see a more "free" thing, like 1 and 2 had. Alternatively, a game based around Celestia or Super Heroes (Disgaea: ZHP Edition, basically) would be my top choices. Maybe even something more... Halloween-y? Taking Disgaea 4's "fear energy" concept but not being so stupidly serious about it. On the flipside, perhaps something more Faustian (a deal with the devil and all), or who knows, an all-encompassing theme - a Netherworld with a school, a Cam-pain, wastelands like 1 had, and everything beyond and in-between.

Of course, a female main character would be something to see. An adult main character (like Zetta again) would also be pretty cool, especially when you get to control them.
Last edited by Seventh on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Pinkemon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

A female main character would indeed be nice.

I mean, because I'm a weirdo I already have a storyline/fanfiction idea in my head, that I think I actually posted before here.

Though, honestly, I also would like one of the games to have some backstory of the netherworld and celestia and stuff itself. I mean, imagine what the first inhabitants of the netherworld, or perhaps its creator goddess(Well, in my headcanon at least. Apparently there was this bible story that was about Adam's previous partner called Lilith. She got turned into a demon and was banished from paradise, and I thought that was pretty interesting.) or something must have felt like.

The humans and the angels get a lush world full of green(Though the humans seems to have built stuff over it anyway) while the demons get a barren wasteland that seems to have more snow, lava streams and barren rock than any greens.

The netherworld really does seem like a terrible butthole, as Asagi so eloquently put it in Prinny:CIRBTH.
Last edited by Pinkemon on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:24 am

You really can't have a backstory for "the" Netherworld, though, because each one is different. Not only that, 2 and 3's Netherworlds DID have backstories. 1 was just "hell" and it doesn't really... need more of a backstory than that, I think. Don't remember any backstory for 4 being mentioned, though.

I'd really prefer if N1 avoided stuff like "creators" and "goddesses" and "origins" like that and stick to what they're good at. I mean, hell, we already know that an Overlord can basically will a Netherworld into existence if they're strong enough, looking at Makai Kingdom.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Pinkemon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 am

^ I'm not saying it has to be in there. I mean, I'm just a weirdo with headcanon. A company listening to fan ideas is a pretty terrible idea. XD

I just thought it was peculiar that there are so many netherworlds, but one celestia.
Though, considering the nature of demons... (Maybe it used to be one huge world that the demons just split apart because they wanted land of their own?)
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 am

Celestia is probably just all-encompassing, since it's holy and all, and it can't be duplicated, whereas Netherworlds, not being literal "hell" (recall, the one literall "hell" of N1's universe is Seedle's territory) but worlds often adjoining the various human worlds in the multiverse. You could maybe say that Celestia is the "sun" in this respect, and that all Netherworld/Human World combinations (or, really, all flat out alternate dimensions/universes) orbit around this one Celestia or something.
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Pinkemon » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:37 am

^ Hmm. That's an interesting way to put it.

Reading over that, there's probably some stuff I kinda missed since I haven't played everything from NIS yet and tend to miss details. (Well, mostly Makai Kingdom, but I'll get to that eventually) But I guess that could make sense.

Eh, yeah, I guess I just wanna see those things because I'm a mythology fangirl. (I especially love greek mythology and their gods who aren't really that godly and basically act like spoiled assholes ruining each other's fun.)
ImageImage
Pinkemon
Majin
Majin

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:39 am

Makai Kingdom is the big one to play for this kinda thing, I'd say. Zetta makes... I dunno, at least half a dozen Netherworlds during it?
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Disgaea Series