Things I hope are changed in the 3DS from the DSi/WiiWare

Official Cave Story 3D discussion forum
Blackstar117
New Vassal
New Vassal

Things I hope are changed in the 3DS from the DSi/WiiWare

Postby Blackstar117 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I noticed with the DSi and WiiWare versions of Cave Story were just minor annoyances, so please dont take this as ranting.

- Best time for Full ending is no where to be seen on the menus
- The New BGM's give a second delay to load, versus the instant play of the classic BGMs (check it with the music test, the game has a second of "frozen" loading)
- The New BGMs are too quiet, while the Classic BGMs are too loud
- They re-wrote the dialog (do not know if this was for censoring reasons or what, it still felt weird)
- About an inch of the bottom of the screen is chopped off (for me at least) in the WiiWare
- Boss attack forces you to play to the full ending, even if you picked to not rescue Curly (why even put in the option to take the tow rope then?)
- Sanctuary mode does not include all the weapons
- Sanctuary does not show your beat time (mad because it took me so long to beat it, just for nothing)
:idea: - [Suggestion] Maybe add a save to Sanctuary mode? If you keep failing, it takes forever grabbing all the gear, why not put a special save card right before the pit, just for that session? (Save re-sets when you say "no" to the continue dialog)

Thats all the things I found that I can remember at the moment, hope these ideas contribute! :)

Shimmyzmizz
Peon
Peon

Re: Things I hope are changed in the 3DS from the DSi/WiiWare

Postby Shimmyzmizz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Let's see...

"Best time for Full ending is no where to be seen on the menus"
Okay, I agree with you on this one.

"The New BGM's give a second delay to load, versus the instant play of the classic BGMs (check it with the music test, the game has a second of "frozen" loading)"
I never noticed this myself, but if it was a problem, they should fix it.

"The New BGMs are too quiet, while the Classic BGMs are too loud"
There was an in game volume adjustor for the Wiiware at least.

"They re-wrote the dialog (do not know if this was for censoring reasons or what, it still felt weird)"
Totally agree on this one, but since Nicalis is still working on it, I'd guess they won't.

"About an inch of the bottom of the screen is chopped off (for me at least) in the WiiWare"
I'm pretty sure that's just you. Maybe your TV?

"Boss attack forces you to play to the full ending, even if you picked to not rescue Curly (why even put in the option to take the tow rope then?)"
I'd say to leave the choice. I don't know why they have it, but any capable person can just choose to fight Ballos.

"Sanctuary mode does not include all the weapons"
It actually does on the DsiWare version, but I agree, it should.

"Sanctuary does not show your beat time (mad because it took me so long to beat it, just for nothing)"
No, but if you beat it in...

Under 6 minutes, you get Curly as the selection icon on the Title Screen, and Running Hell becomes the new title theme.

Under 5 minutes, you get Toroko as the selection icon on the Title Screen, and Toroko's Theme becomes the new title theme.

Under 4 minutes, you get King as the selection icon on the Title Screen, and White (King's Theme) becomes the new title theme.

Under 3 minutes, you get Sue as the selection icon on the Title Screen, and Safety becomes the new title theme.

:idea: - [Suggestion] Maybe add a save to Sanctuary mode? If you keep failing, it takes forever grabbing all the gear, why not put a special save card right before the pit, just for that session? (Save re-sets when you say "no" to the continue dialog)
I'd have to disagree with this one. Yes it is tedious, but that adds to the difficulty of the stage.

I hope this answered some of your questions. :mrgreen:

Return to “Cave Story 3D”