Dark Souls (PS3-360)

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.

Re: Dark Souls (PS3-360)

Postby Aphrah » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:28 am

Having too much fun playing the game. xD

So far, I've only raged once, and that was in
Spoiler:
Anor Londo. Those two fucking harpoon archers. ;_;
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Redhorse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:57 am

Sadly, I have yet to purchase it. :cry: I haven't finished Demon Souls or Disgaea 4 yet.
Redhorse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Shizuka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm

zatrox wrote:
Ghaleon wrote:*hits desk*
cmon guys the game is out, why is there no discussion?! I want to hear your opinions, complaints, gushes, tears!

I sadly am going through the painful experience of international shipping, which is proving to be more frustrating than any game will ever be, Dark Souls included.

Otherwise, believe me, I'd be fueling discussion to no end.

I feel you, I really do. I've learned that there are sellers on the internet (at your own country) that get new games almost at the same day as the US release, and if I can't wait for the game, I buy from them. I did it with Catherine (although I had a few problems with the seller), and it's a lot faster. I've ordered P2P and P3P last month and I'm probably getting them only in a couple of weeks, and NISA just shipped my D4+AT copies, it'll probably take even longer.
Note: My posts reflect my views, only my views, and nobody else but my views.
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby zatrox » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Prinapocalypse wrote:I can relate to the pains of international shipping.

It all really depends on your location and where you're getting it shipped from. An example is if I order something from Japan, I get it in a week, but if I order something from the U.S, which is closer, it takes two weeks. :roll:

It's not really as much as the shipping takes, as the days it's lost in the custom limbo. Even weeks, at times...

Shizuka wrote:I feel you, I really do. I've learned that there are sellers on the internet (at your own country) that get new games almost at the same day as the US release, and if I can't wait for the game, I buy from them. I did it with Catherine (although I had a few problems with the seller), and it's a lot faster. I've ordered P2P and P3P last month and I'm probably getting them only in a couple of weeks, and NISA just shipped my D4+AT copies, it'll probably take even longer.

Problem is that said retailers usually bloat their prices ridiculously, and most don't really provide the same services for most small games. That and those that don't ask for double the price get the games a week after release, at best.

That, and I believe there was an enacted law which made it illegal to sell what may be considered "war", or rather, "violent" videogames online. They're not hard to find in stores, and nobody really cares otherwise (not even customs), but to keep the facade most online posts about said games are usually deleted, at least in big online sellers and the likes. And since the law enforcement can be a bitch when it wants to, even games that don't fit the description are impossible to find in common online shops.

That, and most games just love to show an armed protagonist in the cover. So thanks for making things easier, publishers.
zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Shizuka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh, that sucks. At least here we can get violent games even if there are plenty of "adults" who frown upon such games. It's really easy to find any game online, and there has been one seller at Mercado Livre that sold nearly 90 PS3 copies of Dark Souls last week, I'm betting there were others that already got it and sold out as well.
Note: My posts reflect my views, only my views, and nobody else but my views.
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:23 pm

That's funny 'cause Anime usually has better plots than whatever Hollywood is crapping out nowadays. :lol: In my opinion.
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Ghaleon wrote:*hits desk*
cmon guys the game is out, why is there no discussion?!

I won't have my copy until Friday. Being cheap shipping is suffering.
Waiting on the other mk2 avatars.
ImageImage
Patiently.

Image <--- Click to support the localization of Toradora Portable!
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Zatrox wrote:It's not really as much as the shipping takes, as the days it's lost in the custom limbo. Even weeks, at times...

Ah yeah I've had a couple items take extra long and it always turns out it was stuck at the border.

The funniest thing happened to me once, I had ordered 4 manga's from a U.S Ebay seller and they were taking a really long time. So I was starting to wonder if the seller was trying to scam me since they were really cheap, it was all sort of fishy.

Eventually I got a package wrapped in plastic by the Mail service with the actual package looking like it went through the blender, there was a note saying that there was an accident at the mail distribution office and I could make a claim and get some money for my loss.

Two of the manga's were in the package mostly unharmed but the other two were no where to be seen.

I'll always wonder what kind of "accident" could have happened. :o :lol:
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:53 am

So, you peoples get yer games yet?

I have to say.. I wasn't expecting something like this to be in the game.. Pretty awesome. O:
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ghaleon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I haven't been able to play for the last few days qq. But yeah it's still great. I currently just got to anor londo or whatever it's called, but I back tracked and decided to do the forest area first, which I'm currently in the middle of.
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Daverost » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 pm

I did get mine, but I haven't had time to play it yet. Gonna try to make sometime this week, hopefully starting tomorrow.
Waiting on the other mk2 avatars.
ImageImage
Patiently.

Image <--- Click to support the localization of Toradora Portable!
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Mhm. Co-op and PVP is so much damn fun.

I've been invaded three times now. (by players, not NPCs).
1. I was trying to clear the way to the boss, had my heavy weapon out, took a swing at the phantom, it connected and the phantom's health went down by a 1/3. Missed the next week and it was all over.

2. I was taking a break as I left my character sitting at the bonfire in human form. An easy kill for the phantom.

3. I was in a very poorly illuminated place in the game, near a bonfire and about to level up. Stoopid mage came out of nowhere and kept spamming pyro spells. Got me down to 1/10th, I healed and two-handed my weapon and took 3 swings at him, all of which had connected. Man-serpent sword + 15 = win. Damage is nice, so is the range & speed. Might upgrade it to a heavier hitting weapon before/during NG+.

The co-op feels really different from Demon's Souls. In DS, it was all about getting people to help you with bosses. Here, people are willing to help others to clear the whole dungeon as well as the boss(es). I was really worried about one area, so I summoned a warrior/mage hybrid who helped me get through over 2/3 of that dungeon. When we got to the boss, I summoned yet another guy and the three of us attempted to bring down that boss. I was the first to enter and almost got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. Thankfully, my buddies didn't take too long and managed to distract the boss before he could deliver the final hit. Overall, the fight was a lot easier than it would have been if I had solo'd the boss, but still it was intense and whole lot of fun.

I began DkS with the mindset that playing the game solo would be a much greater challenge, and while that is still true, the game is just so much more fun when played online. Haven't had any DC or lag problems either.

Oh, one of the starting gifts triggers something story related apparently. It's the
Spoiler:
pendant
, if anyone wants to know. The director himself said that it's advised for people playing the game for the first time to get this as the starting gift. Just made it to the final dungeon, so I'll see what kind of effect it has tomorrow ~
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:59 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/01/da ... 5-million/

Nice to see DkS is doing well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/01/da ... ack-delay/

Oh of course, the patch comes out after I get my platinum. Merchants selling Twinkling Titante? Ring of Fog and Tranquil Walk of Peace, and the Infinite Souls glitch all fixed? Woo. Hopefully that'll reduce the number of overpowered glitchers. Funny enough, I invaded one as a spirit of vengeance. Guy did not see me coming. Oh, and better matchmaking? I hope that actually works..
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby zatrox » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 am

Aphrah wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/01/dark-souls-update-tweaks-tranquil-walk-of-peace-removes-1-sec-attack-delay/

I guess delaying my playthrough of Dark Souls in favor of Totori was a nice decision, now I'll actually play through the game without seeing frustrating bugs!

I do wonder if they'll ever fix the half-a-second random screen freeze that happens casually while you're playing, though. It's kinda annoying.
zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Alura--x--Uneii » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:04 am

So is this related to Demons souls?
Alura--x--Uneii
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat