Mugen Souls (PS3)

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Mugen Souls (PS3)

Postby lordryo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:35 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/10/ke ... r-for-rpg/

Sounds like one hell of a SJRPG. I wonder who would most likely localized it if any.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Overwhelming Game Infinite Souls

Postby Aphrah » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:09 am

Called it not being Neptunia related :p ~

Need moar art/screenshots or a trailer.

Edit: http://gematsu.com/2011/10/inafune-anno ... tation-rpg

Erotic Visuals? A million copies? Wth. xD

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:26 am

Main character's (Pink Hair) name is Shushu. She says "I own the world and everything" Her class is 'Absolute God'. She uses a cross sword thing. She has something called 'Moe' in her battle screen which says 'Selfish/Spoiled' under it. This is one representative of multiple personalities she has.
Note : There is a hidden 'Sadistic' personality in there. She looks similar to 'cool', but we can't be sure of what she is exactly.

Next up Alteis (Green Hair) says "I am not a servant. I am a very evil Demon/Devil." Her class is 'Archangel'. She uses a gun of sorts thing.

Next up is Ryuuto (Blue hair) says "Amazing. Lady Shushu is the best! I give my life for her!" Class is 'Servant'. Weapon is fists of some sort. He's the ship's engineer

Ah....I almost missed one character. The 'rabbit' thing is known as 'Nyanpuru' and its class is 'servant'. It says 'Puru-!'. Most likely a catchphrase of sorts. Like how Puni's say 'Puni'.

The combat is turn-based, but we're not sure if it's more like Eternal Sonata or Neptunia MK2 yet.

The Soap image was likely a promo art, and may not actually be included in game. The furo image will be included in game.

The site also has Alteis and Shushu dancing as a PV. Most likely to show off the character voices. The song is very amazing, and we are all hoping that it is in-game somehow.

Also, as I noted on FB, these are all unofficial. I didn't get ANY of this info from a site. I did all of this on my own by looking at the official site and attempting to translate stuff

now for some actual 'official' info :
http://andriasang.com/comysd/
The trailer promises that Inafune will not actually appear in the game.

To assuage fears of some of you.

Also,
Crunchyroll
the protagonist Shu Shu Infinite can change both her personality and appearance.

This explains the 'moe' thing. I'm really curious what this means ~

Maybe it's sorta like Kingdom Hearts where she has different appearances based on her current moe?

Screens from Andriasang and art

The game's standard will retail for 7,329 yen. The Limited will come with a Bonus DVD and Puchi Nendoroid figurines for 9,429 yen.
LE Extras ^

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/27/deal-disgaea-level-damage-in-compile-hearts-infinite-souls/
The blue-haired one is most likely named 'Lute' if you take in the fact their name is in Katakana. Lute takes care of Shushu's ship.

Some more info, silhouettes of other characters included

Mini-game that reveals those CG, though not entirely as far as anyone has gotten.

Tons of images linked on this post

Dengeki Article I translated. (NOT an official translation)

Dengenki article more info on the remaining personalities

The site updated again, and while there was no notice, one of the pictures in the gallery has changed, and it is now confirmed that Soar is a playable character

Someone else's attempt at translation

The Salon is to make generics which can fight in battle, and you get a 16 character party, with only four allowed on the field at once.

New character art and stuff

More new character art and stuff
Also, the site now has a new trailer

New Dengeki post, more details on Character Creation

Combat Trailer

Hot Springs trailer (NFSW)

Another Dengeki Article gives some info on the White haired girl

Info on what was censored:
Much internet discussion, and maybe, just maybe, the odd in-person conversation has been about the cuts being made to Mugen Souls in order to bring it to the States. You see, in the original Mugen Souls there was a bath scene with a naked Chou-Chou that you could interact with (think heavy petting with a sponge) which would increase her stats. For those who didn't like the idea you could skip that specific scene and still get all of the stat increases. NIS America decided that the bath scene was just too much for Western shores considering the apparent age of the main characters, so they yanked it and now you'll just get the stat increases without that particular scene. Nick also mentioned they had to change one of Chou-Chou's personalities that was highly explicit in her language; she's been toned down for the North American release. So don't worry though, NISA fans, there's nothing that changes the overall story.

EDIT
This is now a post where I will place all the info and stuff we get.
Last edited by vampko on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:15 am, edited 25 times in total.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:51 am

vampko wrote:Holy crap...this looks REALLY amazing... :shock:

You're sure easily impressed. We know nothing about the game other than, "You can customize and deal lots of damage, just like Disgaea!" Maybe if they tell us more I'd be interested, but until then...

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:59 am

Is this an srpg?
Twitter - @Stealth___

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:24 am

1 million copies is a far stretch for this kind of game. Even taking in US sales 1 million is un-obtainable. And assuming that they plan to reach that many sales they have to have plans for a US release, which is great!

Erotic visuals? Do they plan on going farther than Agarest War 2? Or the same kind of fanservice tease the rest of Compile Heart's games are known for?

Either way this game has my interest.
Harvestasha!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 am

LAMV wrote:
vampko wrote:Holy crap...this looks REALLY amazing... :shock:

You're sure easily impressed. We know nothing about the game other than, "You can customize and deal lots of damage, just like Disgaea!" Maybe if they tell us more I'd be interested, but until then...

It's not uncommon for me to be super excited at a reveal with this little information (because my imagination runs wild) and then utterly despise the game the more I hear of it xD

It's a cycle you'll get used to from me eventually.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 am

http://the-magicbox.com/1110/game111011b.shtml

Scans.

The story takes place in Nanayokai, which has seven different worlds, and the world changes based on the day of the week. Each world has its unique heroes and demons. The progragonist is a girl named Shu Shu Infinite who has the ability to change her appearance and personality; she is determined to dominate Nanayokai. Some other supporting characters include Ryuto, Altis and Shambre. In addition to the usual RPG content, the game also feature mild erotic visuals, similar to the ones found in Agarest Senki 2. Besides being the producer of the game, Keiji Inafune also confirmed that he is composer and singer of the game's theme song.

Shu Shu's Pink hair *~*

LOL @ Keiji Inafune as the singer of the game's theme song. XD

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:47 am

Okay..yes....I am pretty DARN positive this game will be one of my favorite games :mrgreen:

I know I am excited for it now. This is waaaaay better news than that hyaku whatever game that NIS is doing ~ ! ! ! ! !
Spoiler:

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am

If it gets localized and is dubbed than I might get it.

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:36 am

they made spectral souls. Im dead on in for this one. if only I had PS3 now...
spectral souls-> spectral souls 2-> blazing souls
these are fun style of games and kind of my forte now.
have record of agarest war zero too.
Aksys and idea factory makes good turn based game IMO.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 am

vampko wrote:Okay..yes....I am pretty DARN positive this game will be one of my favorite games :mrgreen:

I know I am excited for it now. This is waaaaay better news than that hyaku whatever game that NIS is doing ~ ! ! ! ! !

YES!!! My thoughts exactly! See what just a few simple scans can lead to--like one of the best games ever!! This over NIS' witch game absolutely!
Harvestasha!

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Now that's better. I'm actually interested now. Is it an action-rpg or SRPG? Kinda hard to tell.

But trillions of HP and damage? I don't know, I think stuff like that should be reserved to the Disgaea series. Plus that means lots more grinding...

Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:46 pm

LAMV wrote:Now that's better. I'm actually interested now. Is it an action-rpg or SRPG? Kinda hard to tell.

But trillions of HP and damage? I don't know, I think stuff like that should be reserved to the Disgaea series. Plus that means lots more grinding...

Everything about the game sounds like a NIS game. They even kidnapped the artist. :lol:
I'm equally interested in this and the NIS game.

By the looks of those screen-shots I'd say it's an action RPG.

stealth20k
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby stealth20k » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:23 am

lets get agarest 2 localized first..............

idea probably has some srpg in the pipes
Twitter - @Stealth___

Return to “Mugen Souls”