Is anyone looking forward to this game?

The official Last Rebellion Discussion Forum
LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Is anyone looking forward to this game?

Postby LastFootnote » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 am

I have to say that from what I've seen so far, it doesn't really interest me. I don't know exactly why that is, but none of the artwork or screenshots really inspire me.

Hit Maker's track record also hasn't really been stellar, even when they've worked with NIS. Granted I have yet to play a Hit Maker game, but they've all gotten pretty mediocre reviews. At least A Witch's Tale looked interesting.

Last Rebellion seems like the kind of game that a Japanese company would create with a Western audience in mind. I don't think there's been a history of that succeeding, but I guess that's one of the reasons it's being released in North America only a month after being released in Japan. I kind of wish NISA would reconsider this one and localize some other NIS titles, like La Pucelle: Ragnarok. Am I the only one that feels this way?

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Is anyone looking forward to this game?

Postby odinfan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:21 pm

This looks like it could be done on the PS2.... Are those really game screens? Considering how games look these days you would expect a level of quality fit to be called 7th generation. It doesn't really look any better than an early PS2 game. Must be an early build.

TheNecromancer
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheNecromancer » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 pm

Sigh, the continued attacks on American gamers in general is a shame. I pump my hard earned cash into almost every localized RPG/SRPG game there is, and we still see commentary like this from the TC.

Last time i checked, Japanese gamers aren't better then us, and we deserve at least the same respect from developers that you all get. Creating a game with a western audience in mind.....i would be willing to bet that if you directed that to the developer, they would say that every possible gamer is their target for purchasing the game.

The main problem is people like the TC who think about their own gaming needs and not the needs of every gamer in the world.

Besides, would it really kill you to see something a little different get developed for a change?
Favorite ATQ tracks
EXEC_Z/.
M*S*G*Y*E*C
Tale of the Game
Pan of Age
Meld~Finnel

LastFootnote
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby LastFootnote » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Whoa, whoa, hold up there, buddy. Sounds like maybe you've got some preexisting anger that I accidentally set off. I think you're reading more into my post than I put there. In fact, I'm not really sure what you think I think. What I'm saying is that there seems to be a trend recently among some developers in Japan whereby they try to include elements in some of their games that they think westerners want, like realistic graphics and real-time action-oriented gameplay, when really the most important thing for most of us is that a game is fun to play. So yes, I would like to see something different get developed, but so far this doesn't look different. It looks like every other action-RPG on the market.

Besides, my post was mostly just about my feelings concerning Last Rebellion so far. All you have to say is, "I'm looking forward to this game. It looks interesting for reasons X, Y and Z." You might easily convince me, even. My opinion isn't set in stone. This game could end up being awesome. It just doesn't seem to have a lot going for it right now.

Welcome, by the way. Sorry you felt you had to join just to lament my topic. :)

EDIT: By the way, what made you think that I think Japanese gamers are 'better' than us? What does that mean, exactly?

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 pm

I've played HItmaker games before and they weren't that good.... :|
I'm hoping for something good, but I highly doubt it from what they've done so far... here's hoping I'm wrong

ReinHime
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ReinHime » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm

I personally am quite intrigued by this game. I only know what is on the website for it, but the plot and characters look interesting. It's coming out at a good time too, a decent time after Bayonetta and before the flood of games that come out in March.

kanicsproxy
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kanicsproxy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 pm

ReinHime wrote:I personally am quite intrigued by this game. I only know what is on the website for it, but the plot and characters look interesting.

to all above in quote... i agree :D
it looks like it has a pretty intence storyline and also im in love witht the artwork... its verry simple yet extremely effective

n1c3guy707
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby n1c3guy707 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm not sure if it's a day one must buy just yet.
War's end but my soldiers are eternal.

Stoopid-Dood
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Stoopid-Dood » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Doodz!

Why no Wii version?!?!?!

This looks like a great game... So sad I won't get to try it...

*sob*

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:28 am

Now I'm starting to suspect that Wii owners get the shovelware most of the time....

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:49 am

The NA release date is impressive, considering that it hits JP only a couple weeks before. :shock:

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 am

Is it really coming out in Feb? was it announced from NISA or just a date that was put up as a place holder?

ReinHime
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ReinHime » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:05 am

It says on the main page of the NISA website that it is to come out in February.

Because this game is developed in part by Nippon Ichi Japan, they probably had the freedom to give Nippon Ichi America access before they would normally have it.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:09 am

Ahh I didn't think to check the NISA website for updates, well damn looks like I have to scratch AvP and replace it with this. Though this game is coming out alongside White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean and Bioshock 2 I think it'll be lost in the shuffle.

perrandy
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby perrandy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:08 pm

yeah the wii is a major fail when it comes to rpgs.the only rpgs that i'm looking for in that console is for arc rise fantasia and tales of graces(if it comes lol)

to the toppic: yeah i'm interested in this game.the most perplexing part about it is that the male character seems to "control" the female character and for that i dont know what it means.i just hope nisa doesnt pull a "nier replicant" to us :lol: :lol:

Return to “Last Rebellion”