Is this game even....

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Wrath
Majin
Majin

Re: Is this game even....

Postby Wrath » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Well I plan to support any game that i'd otherwise not be able to get so as another said "No matter the medium" I'll support what I want even if it takes me spending 20 or so bucks on a 4gb save card..
I work hard for my money but my game hobbies are expensive and im willing to accept that since it brings me joy and stress relief.
If one dose not wish to spend more money on something thats their choice,But i'd rather support the small tittles id otherwise wouldnt be able to play and understand at the same time.
Even as much as I hate Digital downloads for games (wich I doubt highly Houk would get "buttmad" about,its my opinion on the medium wich every person has and what this thred is about) I want to play this game so thats what i'll do to play it.
Corpse Party was sheer delight to me and that was a DD and it brought me a great amount of enjoyment,and if I had not have bought it I would have missed out greatly I think on such a great game.
If BRS has play issues im sure i'll report it in a thred down the road but for as the games ive played released from NISA ive found them to be well done and played well so untill I actually play BRS I wont hazard to assume it will have any sort of freeze/play issues untill then...
If NISA choses to not do a physical release im not upset I cant have a disk/umd I'm just going to thank them for bringing over another great game I wouldnt have otherwise gotten to play,regardless of my preferance for a physical release

Sylverias
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Sylverias » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Goldskarr wrote:
Sylverias wrote:I keep reading this "it's a niche title" argument and that baffles me. I know it was an Atlus game, but did people forget the lesson that Catherine taught us already?

I'm going a little off topic here, but wasn't Catherine... you know, advertised out the ass? I don't remember it on TV because why bother WATCHING TV, but it was a major story in most magazines I saw and places like Destructoid posted frequent news stories about it, plus I'm pretty sure it got great scores all around.

Hell, there has to be SOME reason my brother, who doesn't really like Japanese games anymore, picked it up for $50.

I know I'm quite late getting back to this, but that was my point. If you make a good game and get the name out there, even just through the internet where advertising is cheap and word of mouth can go for miles, people will buy it. Outside of a couple of internet articles months ago that basically said "NISA is publishing it in the US." I've heard nothing about this game.

As far as the major crux of this thread, despite the love that Corpse Party is getting, I still can't bring myself to support digital only releases, especially when the game did indeed get a UMD release in other markets. If it were some indie game, that's another story, but it isn't.

Like I said before, this game is no more obscure than stuff like Neptunia or, as more related comparisons, Z.H.P. If, and this is a big if, there's some sort of collectors edition that has a box I can put on my shelf, even if the game is download only, my opinion may be swayed, but we'll cross that road when we come to it.

IntentionPuropsely
Vassal
Vassal

Postby IntentionPuropsely » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 pm

NISA is horrible there is no point in releaseing a collector's edition if there is no UMD.

no physical copy = no buy

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 pm

IntentionPuropsely wrote:NISA is horrible there is no point in releaseing a collector's edition if there is no UMD.

Well, if it was physical only it wouldn't be possible for them to release at all as it stands however. :|
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm

IntentionPuropsely wrote:NISA is horrible there is no point in releaseing a collector's edition if there is no UMD.

Why would the whole company be horrible just because they released 1 DD game?
Another person just talking out the ass i guess.
And if you dont want the CE then fine, go jump off a cliff or something, im getting it and most people who ever wanted it will,DD or not.

affinity7799
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby affinity7799 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:17 pm

What does DD mean? Digital disk? Oh digital download. hey downloads are awesome and they are the full thing, and especially when it comes to PSP, install on card is much quieter and faster than UMD loading.

raspberrylicious
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby raspberrylicious » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:18 pm

affinity7799 wrote:What does DD mean? Digital disk?

I think it's digital download. Not sure though.
Anime List | Visual Novel List | 3DS FC: 3781-0258-9209 | Miiverse: raspbear

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:21 pm

It's digital download.

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

As much as I hate to revive this ....how gaming is changeing people may not like it but at the end of the day if its cheaper to do it one way over the other im fine with it because at least im getting a game that had a low chance of being released otherwise.
Its just how the world is going...Digital releases are easier to produse over a physicall copy,alot of folks find it usefull as its more convienient,even though I myself detest not having a physical copy I know its just the way it is and if its a good game ive been wanting im willing to buy it no matter the medium

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 am

Hmm the digital DL is a little concerning for me same as Tc for the same reason. Though at the same time I'm sure I'll find a way to get it if its for BRS :3.

Guess I'll just have to break out the normal venues of: Unlocked Wi-fi's, Schools, Libraries, Restaurants, etc.

Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Poison Frost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:11 pm

(Made this account purely to post on this topic XD)

As most of the people said DD is a lot more convenient AND yes it is cheaper for the producer and A LOT safer. Bringing in an example, Aksys Games released AH3 (Arcana Heart 3) as a DD on PSN. Reason? Don't know really, but I assume it is for the fact that they didn't want to take a risk releasing a physical copy and it just bombing on the market. Plus you have to put into perspective the fact that not every american knows about the games coming from Japan. I would assume less than 1/2 of the american population get news about JRPGs (or japanese games in general) that are being brought over. However, putting on PSN could also hurt the part of the fanbase that wants a "Physical" copy so as to collect it. I myself have actually imported a copy of AH3, so as to take advantage of the limited edition goodies as well as satisfaction of a physical disc (I find no pleasure in looking at a file with a pretty picture on it). In any case, deciding to put it on PSN could make or break NISA's chances with BRS the game. I have a friend who is currently looking into importing a copy of the game from Japan. I've persuaded him to wait for the local release so as to save both money and frustration (he's not fluent in japanese) but the DD-thing will probably send him back overseas. I myself would prefer the physical UMD than a DD link. Reason being that I like to show my fan-ness with an initial disc, not pulling out my PSP, turning it on and then showing someone a digital file. Also, the feeling of opening a box and putting the UMD of your precious game into your PSP has a very special feeling that cannot be replicated by pressing "X" on a file.Plus the fact that piracy is running rampant in the world, putting a game into the world that can only be accessed off of the internet is just begging people to steal it. This is usually combated through physical copies but if you take out that, then NISA your game is basically FREE to anyone who knows how. In the end, NISA, if you are going to make a limited edition (which I am very happy about) it would seem only logic to include a UMD with the package, at least in some kind of Pre-Order bonus (I would definitely pay an extra $10-20 for a UMD in my limited edition). I've never seen someone get a huge box with a little slip of paper inside saying "Xbox 360" on it. If you plan to move forward with your decision, then I'll have to go overseas.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 pm

^ The best solution would be UMD *and* PSN, with PSN being less expensive (i.e. the AkSys Fate/Extra route). I'm getting kind of impatient with BRS: The Game news. The only thing keeping me sane is the possibility that NISA is still working this whole thing out and that's why they're taking so long and not telling us anything.

Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Poison Frost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm

LAMV wrote:^ The best solution would be UMD *and* PSN, with PSN being less expensive (i.e. the AkSys Fate/Extra route). I'm getting kind of impatient with BRS: The Game news. The only thing keeping me sane is the possibility that NISA is still working this whole thing out and that's why they're taking so long and not telling us anything.

Indeed, putting both solutions on the paper would satisfy both the collector's and those that wish to just play the damn game without sacrificing convenience. Though I did not know Fate/Extra was released on the PSN, I may have to run through the PSN's PSP library later today. Yeah, I've been following this game since it's initial announcement for its Japan release, so the sudden hype about NISA and their announcement on taking up the localization reins was a real morale booster. Exactly, NISA may just be pulling our legs about the whole UMD thing just to see the reaction of their fans. Perhaps if we rage hard enough (controlled mind you) they may just erase that whole "DD" idea and put "UMD" instead; or as you said write "or UMD" on the side XD.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Being a PSP game, it doesn't matter if it's physical or DD-only, there's very little chance of it *not* being available illegally, so I don't think that's any reason to market one or the other.

In the end, it just comes down to what is financially feasible. NISA has to do what is necessary to keep their company going, and consumers have to be fiscally prudent as well. If projected physical game sales do not eclipse the overhead costs that come with a physical release, then DD-only makes the most sense. I believe a PSN release is a given, with the tossup being whether or not there will also be a physical release.

I am also a collector, so I would certainly love to have a physical object to add to my shelf, but I am more than willing to buy the game regardless of what format is chosen in the end.

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 pm

myskaros wrote:In the end, it just comes down to what is financially feasible. NISA has to do what is necessary to keep their company going, and consumers have to be fiscally prudent as well. If projected physical game sales do not eclipse the overhead costs that come with a physical release, then DD-only makes the most sense. I believe a PSN release is a given, with the tossup being whether or not there will also be a physical release.

Using Aksys as an example though, Fate/Extra and Hakuoki seemed to have done well for them! I believe they considered Fate did "quite well", although they haven't said anything about Hakuoki yet, it seems that a good number of people picked them up, and that they have a hard time finding it in Gamestops (which did get a small amount of non-preorder extras, I'm sure).

So, if Aksys can still find some success in PSP, I REALLY hope that this would be the one game that gets released physically. The art MAKES the franchise, so a physical copy would be perfect for it! I sure hope they are still considering the Japanese LE. I'm willing to pay a good amount for a soundtrack, artbook, and WRS figma! If they made the LE be the ONLY version to come with physical copies, so a SUPER limited run at a higher price, I think this would be a great option. To produce a small amount of copies is a high cost, but pricing it higher to profit evens it out. For BRS, especially an LE, and especially an LE WITH a physical copy, I would be a VERY happy camper, as would many others I'm sure...

If only Nisa made one, SUPER limited, at a higher cost, Nisa Store-only even, I think would be a great choice, and I would gurantee that even having another one of those "preorder to see how many people do" things happen again, that there would be ALOT more numbers than What Did I Do to Deserve This? did. GURANTEED. In fact, for as "dead" as PSP is, I do believe that this would do VERY well. Collectors would flock to an LE with physical copy (where this would be the ONLY place to get a physical copy of it). I think BRS is popular enough to make big sales!

I hope there will be more news on this soon, but I'm sure it's currently in limbo working out a bunch of stuff with Japan, especially because of the LE brought up.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”