Guilty Crown

Forum for talking about general anime topics.

Re: Guilty Crown

Postby Rydux » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Ep 18:
Spoiler:
Well, aren't they geniuses? They were better of with Shu's harsh feudal like system, at least he gave a rat's ass of the lives he sacrificed. Whereas Gai just used them all up without batting an eye.
And damn, that old man has got some skills.
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.
Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:14 am

That was... actually a much better episode than I was expecting. o.O

Spoiler:
Inori just regained a considerable amount of prestige in my eyes by not falling for any of that "I'm a monster, so now I have to be emo!" crap and instead just going "I'm myself... PERSONA!" and kicking butt for awhile.

Good girl. o wo There's hope for this show yet.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rydux » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Rednal wrote:That was... actually a much better episode than I was expecting. o.O

Spoiler:
Inori just regained a considerable amount of prestige in my eyes by not falling for any of that "I'm a monster, so now I have to be emo!" crap and instead just going "I'm myself... PERSONA!" and kicking butt for awhile.

Good girl. o wo There's hope for this show yet.

Spoiler:
But isn't it odd that she developed a personality all of a sudden? I mean, she went from being quiet and reserved, to screaming and furious in battle.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Daverost » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Rydux wrote:
Spoiler:
But isn't it odd that she developed a personality all of a sudden? I mean, she went from being quiet and reserved, to screaming and furious in battle.

Yes. I'll crosspost my opinion of this episode from another forum.

Spoiler:
My God, this show is such s***.

Inori, who used to be a freaking badass, cowers in fear when street thugs surround her, then she goes out and sings and does a complete 180 in personality on several levels, then she does that... well "beast mode" has been an accurate description in this topic, I guess... And I don't even know what the f*** to think about that. Garbage.

And of course, no episode of Guilty Crown would be complete without 24 minutes of Shu wallowing in self-pity.

God, I should just drop it now but there are only four more episodes.

I have no idea what the hell happened to Inori. She's such a wuss now. She just cowers and stumbles in fights when she used to be an excellent marksman who'd kill in an instant because she was a pro. No idea why she's failing on so many levels now.

I swear, I really would drop this show if it wasn't only 4 eps away from being over. I nearly dropped it once already...

Spoiler:
...after Hare died.
Waiting on the other mk2 avatars.
ImageImage
Patiently.

Image <--- Click to support the localization of Toradora Portable!
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby AsukaYui » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 am

I still don't get the difference in leadership between Gai, Shu, and Neo Gai

PSN
Spoiler:

NNID/FC: ShinjiKazuki/0576-5166-1045
AsukaYui
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Rydux » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 am

AsukaYui wrote:I still don't get the difference in leadership between Gai, Shu, and Neo Gai

Gai is your typical Underground leader, going for a just cause, and willing to make the occasional sacrifice. Shu took the role of the necessary, but guilt ridden tyrant, sacrificing whomever was need to sacrifice for their goal. And Neo Gai just flat out doesn't give a crap about anybody except himself.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:50 am

I made the right choice it seems. Every post just goes down further and further. I'm sad the show turned into this, but there's nothing that can be done really.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Obake » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Well
Spoiler:
Inori was acting that way because she'd blank out, and when she came back everyone around her is injured/dead, whereas she was in control of her former badassery. She's scared of herself. I get that. Where this personality and beast mode suddenly came from I have no freaking clue.

Shu is a big disappointment. Every time he's started to become a cool or likable character he goes all emo again the next 3-4 episodes. Every freaking time.

And Gai... wth is up with him? Just because he came back from the dead he's gone completely evil and perfectly willing to work for his old enemies. Completely stupid.

I also don't really get Arisa's complete transformation. Going from an innocent girl who couldn't really do much to a sneaky bitch who slept with some random guy for (??? information, cooperation?) in order to bring down Shu (that part not without cause) and be with her newly evil Gai-sama, who she's gone from having a bit of a crush on to being somewhat obsessed it seems.

I did enjoy the first half, even with its problems. A few episodes after that I could still find things to like, and make excuses for the show. This ep and last even I gotta agree is utter crap.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby AsukaYui » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Rydux wrote:
AsukaYui wrote:I still don't get the difference in leadership between Gai, Shu, and Neo Gai

Gai is your typical Underground leader, going for a just cause, and willing to make the occasional sacrifice. Shu took the role of the necessary, but guilt ridden tyrant, sacrificing whomever was need to sacrifice for their goal. And Neo Gai just flat out doesn't give a crap about anybody except himself.

Isn't Gai also a Tyrant since he forces Shu to do stuff against his own will?
Does killing the youngest soldier of FP counted as a sacrifice?
Since I never understand Gai's POV, I got the impression that Shu is doing how Gai acts

And I think it's not Shu's fault for being assigned as Leader and in the end that was all the thanks he gets after the things he had done to them.

PSN
Spoiler:

NNID/FC: ShinjiKazuki/0576-5166-1045
AsukaYui
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Obake » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:39 pm

AsukaYui wrote:
Rydux wrote:

Isn't Gai also a Tyrant since he forces Shu to do stuff against his own will?
Does killing the youngest soldier of FP counted as a sacrifice?
Since I never understand Gai's POV, I got the impression that Shu is doing how Gai acts

And I think it's not Shu's fault for being assigned as Leader and in the end that was all the thanks he gets after the things he had done to them.

The difference is Gai was a charismatic leader. He used words to convince people what he was doing was the best way to go about things. Shu instead resorted to force and threats to get compliance.

There's also probably an issue of time. Gai was probably the leader for a long time, so he had the time to build up the trust of his followers. Shu didn't have that (not that he was even trying) - they stuck him in a leadership position then kicked him out when things didn't go the way they wanted.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Rydux » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:46 pm

People tend to be a bitch like that.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:56 pm

stopped at episode 7, is this even worth watching?
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Obake » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:09 pm

vertical09 wrote:stopped at episode 7, is this even worth watching?

Until these last eps I would've said yes. Get back to me later and I might change my mind again, depending on how it ends.
Obake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Aphrah » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:11 pm

If we don't get a great ending, then this anime will get a massive thumbs down from me.
Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Obake wrote:
Spoiler:
Inori was acting that way because she'd blank out, and when she came back everyone around her is injured/dead, whereas she was in control of her former badassery. She's scared of herself. I get that.

You said the same thing a mod on GameFAQs said. I don't agree with it. That just sounds like a load to me.
Waiting on the other mk2 avatars.
ImageImage
Patiently.

Image <--- Click to support the localization of Toradora Portable!
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.
Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

PreviousNext

Return to General Anime Chat