Guilty Crown

Forum for talking about general anime topics.

Re: Guilty Crown

Postby myskaros » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm

vertical09 wrote:stopped at episode 7, is this even worth watching?

I still enjoy watching it, even if it's taking more than a few pages from Code Geass's book as well as throwing its characters into a roulette to see what new personality/role they should have for the show's 9th inning. I will officially label the show as "wasted potential" though.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rydux » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:53 pm

myskaros wrote:I still enjoy watching it, even if it's taking more than a few pages from Code Geass's book as well as throwing its characters into a roulette to see what new personality/role they should have for the show's 9th inning. I will officially label the show as "wasted potential" though.

At least it's not "Sacred Seven" wasted. Unlike that piece of failure, it's still enjoyable to watch till the end.
Believe in the Future, persist in the Present.

Everyone in NISA ever wrote: Rydux, is like, the best guy ever.
Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby leinaud » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 am

Ep 19:

Spoiler:
Well Shu got his power back and maybe....his balls?

Guess it was expected though :roll:

Awaking in 2014...
leinaud
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 am

leinaud wrote:Ep 19:

Spoiler:
Well Shu got his power back and maybe....his balls?

Guess it was expected though :roll:

Spoiler:
19 was much more interesting than the last handful of episodes. Is it worth the garbage disposal they put the characters through in order to get to this point? Most definitely not. However, at least it feels like they know what they're doing for the final arc.

I'm sad that Segai dies though :( one of my favorite characters. I was hoping he would defect to the resistance :/ Daryl was a poor choice.

Also, maybe I forgot or missed it in the pile of fail in the last arc, what happened to that mass murdered guy with the gravity Void? They made it out to be a huge deal to get him released, then he just falls to the wayside.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rydux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:44 am

Spoiler:
A I gotta say, as nonsensical as it is, having produced a Void arm is pretty f*cking badass. And with that power of his, he's going to be a one man army. But why is it that he was able to pull out his Void now? Did his powers evolve by exposing himself once again to the genome?
@Myskaros Apparently he joined Neo Gai. Though you're right, despite his supposed his importance earlier in the series, his character never developed through the series.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Rydux wrote:19
Spoiler:
A I gotta say, as nonsensical as it is, having produced a Void arm is pretty f*cking badass. And with that power of his, he's going to be a one man army. But why is it that he was able to pull out his Void now? Did his powers evolve by exposing himself once again to the genome?

Spoiler:
From the dialog, he said something like "I was too afraid to reveal myself before," implying that he knew what his Void was all along but didn't want to use it/show it to anyone. From what I gleaned from during that sequence, I'm assuming his Void is the ability to copy other people's strengths and weaknesses, which explains why he was using everyone's Voids in an "unfinished" state. As far as psychoanalysis goes, it'd be something like he has no confidence in himself and can only imitate how other people behave. I'm just wondering what kind of ramifications there are for "stealing" people's Voids if he's able to "steal" Souta's infection.
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rydux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:10 pm

myskaros wrote:
Rydux wrote:19
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
From the dialog, he said something like "I was too afraid to reveal myself before," implying that he knew what his Void was all along but didn't want to use it/show it to anyone. From what I gleaned from during that sequence, I'm assuming his Void is the ability to copy other people's strengths and weaknesses, which explains why he was using everyone's Voids in an "unfinished" state. As far as psychoanalysis goes, it'd be something like he has no confidence in himself and can only imitate how other people behave. I'm just wondering what kind of ramifications there are for "stealing" people's Voids if he's able to "steal" Souta's infection.

Spoiler:
"Imitation of other's behaviors" huh...? I assumed it was like that because of how the people he interacts with, seeing both their strengths and weaknesses, that have an impact on his life, something that would stay in his heart, that he is able to use other's voids.

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby myskaros » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Rydux wrote:
Spoiler:
"Imitation of other's behaviors" huh...? I assumed it was like that because of how the people he interacts with, seeing both their strengths and weaknesses, that have an impact on his life, something that would stay in his heart, that he is able to use other's voids.

That sounds feasible too. Maybe I'm just too cynical ;)
Spoiler:
I don't really like Shu as a character, so I would prefer his Void be something less... positive :lol:
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:48 pm

Freakin' Soda.

Spoiler:
He not only gets Hare killed, now he's survived long enough to get Shu killed too. Will his sins know no bounds?

Anyway, I guess Shu being infected confirms he'll die at the end. Unless Inori sacrifices herself and saves him in a DeM.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rydux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 pm

LAMV wrote:Freakin' Soda.

Spoiler:
He not only gets Hare killed, now he's survived long enough to get Shu killed too. Will his sins know no bounds?

Anyway, I guess Shu being infected confirms he'll die at the end. Unless Inori sacrifices herself and saves him in a DeM.

Spoiler:
I bet he feels like shit right now, huh?

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby AsukaYui » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Spoiler:
In the end Neo Gai confirmed that Gai is like a mask to his true self

Like the episode
Finally he pulled his own void
Shu pulled a Shirou

If Shu can copy other's void
that means if the void he uses is destroyed, Is there no effect on others but to himself only?

PSN
Spoiler:

NNID/FC: ShinjiKazuki/0576-5166-1045
AsukaYui
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Rydux » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:33 pm

AsukaYui wrote:
Spoiler:
Shu pulled a Shirou

Spoiler:
That is by far the worst insult I have ever heard.
Wait, Fate Shirou or UBW & HF Shirou?

Rydux
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:23 am

I don't think that was an insult. XD

Spoiler:
I think it was a reference to the new arm.

Also, two episodes in a row that I thought were pretty good. o.O Wow. I'm glad I decided to stick with it 'till the end. Shu finally grew a pair.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby AsukaYui » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 am

Rydux wrote:
AsukaYui wrote:
Spoiler:
Shu pulled a Shirou

Spoiler:
That is by far the worst insult I have ever heard.
Wait, Fate Shirou or UBW & HF Shirou?

I don't know how to put this since I only watched the anime and played F/UC but read some info on him
Spoiler:
It's Shirou's ability to copy any weapon he needed

Didn't he received an arm from Archer in HF route?

PSN
Spoiler:

NNID/FC: ShinjiKazuki/0576-5166-1045
AsukaYui
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nyekun » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am

Pretty late reply but the 2nd OP Single has been leaked so it's been out the past couple of days. (official release date was th 7th).

Not sure if you can embed videos on this forum so here the YT link. (Here). It'll probably get taken down later like the others.
MyAnimeList / PSN: Niikun
Nyekun
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

PreviousNext

Return to General Anime Chat