How much is the MOST You Would Spend on a BRS LE?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum

How much is the MAX amount that you would pay for a BRS LE?

$50-70?
38%
$70-100?
31%
$100-120?
13%
$120+?
19%

Total votes : 32

How much is the MOST You Would Spend on a BRS LE?

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Remember that poll on Siliconera way back when, asking if we wanted the Japanese LE (game, White Rock Shooter figma, artbook, OST)? Well, what if it came out as a Nisa Store exclusive, limited to xx amount, AND had a physical copy as well in it (with the only way to get the physical copy was in this set, otherwise it would be DD-only for everyone else). Now if that were so, what is the absolute MOST you would spend to buy one? Remember: Japanese LE contents, PHYSICAL game, AND limited to a specific number (like 1000 or 2000 or something).

I decided to make this poll after discussing it on another topic, and being very curious on what people would do in the given situation. Companies produce large amounts of games to bring down the costs and are able to sell for cheaper, whereas selling a limited amount comes at a higher cost, and usually involves bumping the price up to create profit. My way of thinking was that IF this LE were to be decided on, physical copy and all, at very low quantities (so there wouldn't be any loss from ones that didn't sell) WOULD you be willing to pay a premium for it?

To be honest, I'd pay $120+ for it... I did buy the Disgaea Super Premium afterall, and if it's for BRS, especially an extreme limited version, YES I would!!
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: How much is the MOST You Would Spend on a BRS LE?

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 pm

(I'm actually surprised someone chose the $50-70 mark, knowing Figmas go for $40+ alone...)
Last edited by Sheleigha on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 pm

Any higher than the first option would be too much for a PSP game, I think. The Disgaea 4 Super Premium edition was a PS3 game and had a ton more extras, so of course it was that expensive.

EDIT: And now you editted out your post just as I reply to it. Ugh.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:49 pm

LAMV wrote:Any higher than the first option would be too much for a PSP game, I think. The Disgaea 4 Super Premium edition was a PS3 game and had a ton more extras, so of course it was that expensive.

EDIT: And now you editted out your post just as I reply to it. Ugh.

Sorry I edited again because I was going to add it to this reply >_<

Anyways, the cost WOULD be high for a reason, keep in mind. As I said, Figmas sell for $40 ON THEIR OWN. They are beautiful, but pricey figures. (In fact, I believe that figma was exclusive to the set as well). Then there's a game on top of it, other extras, and the fact that it's super-limited. Things to keep in mind.
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Poison Frost » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:28 am

LAMV wrote:Any higher than the first option would be too much for a PSP game, I think. The Disgaea 4 Super Premium edition was a PS3 game and had a ton more extras, so of course it was that expensive.

It all depends on the person really. I've seen people walk into GameStop come Halo:Reach release and walk out with a satisfied look, holding the Legendary Edition. I've also seen that same look on the face of the people that just walk out with the game in hand. For me, buying the Limited Edition or Premium Edition of a game that I've been waiting for years or months for makes me feel more accomplished as a Fan. Even for games I just find out about or see on the shelf when I walk into GameStop, I buy the Limited Edition if it's available and I have the money to spare. I bought the Really Naughty Limited Edition of Record of Agarest War for $50 and once I got to play the game, I felt like I would've spent even more if I had too. Later when Record of Agarest War: Zero came out, I pre-ordered it the day it was available and now I sit here with 2 Limited Editions and awaiting on the announcement of the 3rd. I even spent $80 on the collector's edition of FFXIII-2. Again, it all depends on the person and how they deduce the worth of a Figma Figure, Artbook, OST, and a physical copy of a game that is only available to the select few that pre-order/Order the "SUPER" Premium Edition.
Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:20 am

I was actually thinking of doing something similar to this post myself haha but the way i look at it marketing wise.

The Figma alone is more than likely gunna run $40-60 depending on how much trouble they have getting it here for pre-orders and thats with just that alone. The PSP game would then run roughly $30 ish though since it's digital distribution that number may go up or down $5-10 give or take since I'm not too up to date on digital distribution for games. Add on that the Artbook and OST and thats about another $20 or so and then add on the $10ish for the fact that NISA is porting it by fan request and that equals out to about:
$105-130, so paying close to the $100 mark in my mind wouldnt be all that pricey at all and I'd gladly pay it :3.
Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby myskaros » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 am

Don't forget that your post is just titled a BRS LE, nothing about the specific contents. For people who aren't willing to pay for figurines or just don't want them period, 50-70 is indeed what they think is a fair price for a LE.

If you're going to define the exact contents for a LE, you should probably also add a vote for "I wouldn't pay for this LE" or something, if you're really trying to get data out of this. If it's just for fun... then whatevs :S

I voted for 70-100, by the way. I don't know the details on the JP LE, but I've always found BRS figmas to be exceptionally cool, so I might be willing to pay more than that to get my collection started :3
myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:37 am

myskaros wrote:Don't forget that your post is just titled a BRS LE, nothing about the specific contents. For people who aren't willing to pay for figurines or just don't want them period, 50-70 is indeed what they think is a fair price for a LE.

If you're going to define the exact contents for a LE, you should probably also add a vote for "I wouldn't pay for this LE" or something, if you're really trying to get data out of this. If it's just for fun... then whatevs :S

Well, I did list the contents of it in the first post, despite my possibly missleading title. And it is for curiousity on those who DO want it, so that's already narrowing down the list to people who did pick "Yes!" on the Siliconera poll (and there was like what, a few thousand votes on it??)
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Shizuka » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 am

$50-70. With no UMD, I'd be basically paying all of that for the figma.
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am

Shizuka wrote:$50-70. With no UMD, I'd be basically paying all of that for the figma.

But this is for IF it came with a UMD...

(Did anyone understand my first post? v_v...)
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Shizuka » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 am

Sheleigha wrote:
Shizuka wrote:$50-70. With no UMD, I'd be basically paying all of that for the figma.

But this is for IF it came with a UMD...

It won't, and NISA made that very clear. The fact that the game doesn't even have a release date certainly doesn't help that the hype is already over and that most people forgot about it already, announcing a UMD print for this is a bad idea as it is now.
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:52 am

Well the anime is out, and if that doesn't create some sort of hype, I don't know what would... I've been obsessing over the show lately, which is why I've been posting in this section alot lately.
Besides, the whole poll is all one big hypothetical question if, at the last minute for WHATEVER reason, Nisa decided "ok, VERY small print of UMDs..." I never once said it would for real.
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Shizuka » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 am

A very small UMD print would be very expensive, and still, $50-$70 is the most I'd spend.
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Sheleigha » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 am

Ok, well as long as that's what you're answer is, knowing the info is all hypothetical.

It's all just to see, that say if the set WAS put out, if people would pay a higher premium for it, or if it would be considered too much for them.
Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Tokiko » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:33 am

Sheleigha wrote:Ok, well as long as that's what you're answer is, knowing the info is all hypothetical.

It's all just to see, that say if the set WAS put out, if people would pay a higher premium for it, or if it would be considered too much for them.

I imagine if they bring it over and once their is more info about it we may be able to get more info on what people will pay for it, as things stand now most people I've seen on other gaming sites such as gamefaqs.com dont even really know about the game or are starting to worry about it since their hasn't really been to much info released lately.

I think once they start getting things straightened out with what they are going to be doing and start publicizing it may be able to give better numbers for it. Heck I consider myself a big BRS follower and until about 4-5 days ago I didnt even know this game existed. Might just need a bit more publicity and then can get a better feel for what can or can't be charged and if it's worth their while to get the Super Premium White Box Edition etc. Similar to HDN Mk 2, a lot of people didnt even know that game existed till near the last minute on other sites till they started seeing the advertising banners for it and some information starting to migrate over.

Really hoping that they start saying more info on this sooner rather than later though haha, but NISA has never charged an "unfair" price that I've seen so I'm sure no matter what it'll be fine if they do bring it over here which i really hope they do.
Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Next

Return to Black Rock Shooter The Game