Who is getting BRS on the first day?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
daveyd
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Who is getting BRS on the first day?

Postby daveyd » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Tokiko wrote:I'm sure like most things NISA I'll have this on pre-order as soon as i know it exists to be pre-ordered haha.
Though I'm a little sad i found out about it now, if only because i can only imagine my reaction when i just see it on Prinny Bomb about it's release. Would certainly have been a sight to behold that's for sure. Add in that it would most likely be in a public place and it'd be a classic Kodak moment haha.

You can't really pre-order it, since it's going to be digital download only.

PhoenixKurosu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby PhoenixKurosu » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Even so for the Vita, why would it be digital only? Vita's games also come in cartridges if not DL

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Cause its a psp game, not a Vita game?

Hey Nisa...I'm ready for this game now...anytime you wanna sell it to me. ;)

Wrath
Majin
Majin

Postby Wrath » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 pm

I as well am waiting patiently(quite honestly im very backlogged in games right now) so I think it wont kill me to wait a bit more for this game.But as soon as it has a release date it will be going on my calender

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

daveyd wrote:
Tokiko wrote:I'm sure like most things NISA I'll have this on pre-order as soon as i know it exists to be pre-ordered haha.
Though I'm a little sad i found out about it now, if only because i can only imagine my reaction when i just see it on Prinny Bomb about it's release. Would certainly have been a sight to behold that's for sure. Add in that it would most likely be in a public place and it'd be a classic Kodak moment haha.

You can't really pre-order it, since it's going to be digital download only.

Digital Download or not still gunna have to get the Collectors edition and hopefully white box edition and tmk unless its sent via email i thought that the DL code for the game comes in the box so you'd still have to wait for it to get it. Though that may all change depending on if your just getting the game.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:31 am

I think the argument is that there will probably not be any physical component to this game release if they are doing DD-only. That means no collector's box, no sheets of paper with DD codes, etc. Yes, it would be cool if there were a physical release, but it takes a lot less money to finance a release if there is nothing physical to produce.

Tokiko
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tokiko » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am

myskaros wrote:I think the argument is that there will probably not be any physical component to this game release if they are doing DD-only. That means no collector's box, no sheets of paper with DD codes, etc. Yes, it would be cool if there were a physical release, but it takes a lot less money to finance a release if there is nothing physical to produce.

Not necessarily I mean wasnt the Japanese version also a DD-only game as well? They still did the collectors editions for them they just gave a DL code with them for the game. It's possible that NIS does just do a DD-only for it without doing any kind of collectors edition for it but i kinda hope thats not the case, i mean i could take or leave the Soundtrack since i tracked down a copy of it but i would really like to see at least an artbook for this game as well not too mention that Figma >.<.

I can see them not but at the same time seems like the fan base for it is most likely there for something anyway.

Unit450
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Unit450 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Tokiko wrote: Not necessarily I mean wasnt the Japanese version also a DD-only game as well? They still did the collectors editions for them they just gave a DL code with them for the game. It's possible that NIS does just do a DD-only for it without doing any kind of collectors edition for it but i kinda hope thats not the case, i mean i could take or leave the Soundtrack since i tracked down a copy of it but i would really like to see at least an artbook for this game as well not too mention that Figma >.<.

I can see them not but at the same time seems like the fan base for it is most likely there for something anyway.

The Japanese version had physical copies for a regular release of the game, have the Limited Edition Figma bundle and they do give you a UMD copy of the game in it as well; though don't remember seeing a paper for a DD copy of the game when I opened it up.

Spoiler:
Not sure but I think the case cover art is different from the regular release of the game.

Sheleigha
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Sheleigha » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:34 pm

The whole DD code thing, is what Nisa was planning on doing IF they decided to release that Japanese LE in localized form.

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm

I'm still hoping they decide to go the LE with DD code route. That way, I can play it on my psp, and then Vita when I get one, and I'll have an le, without the useless umd hanging around.

I'll have my cake, and I'll eat it too!

Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Poison Frost » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Getting BRS first day though it depends on the initial LE and form of the game (physical or DD) If it's DD then I'm ordering my White Box set from Japan.

Quick question for everyone that is saying "I want it for DD because I want to play it on my Vita" are you guys trading in your PSPs for Vita credit? If not then why play it on your vita? I have a 80gb PS3 that allows me to play PS2 games but I still bring out my PS2 whenever I want to play them. I find it strange to play a game on another system if you have the original system available...

PhoenixKurosu
Vassal
Vassal

Postby PhoenixKurosu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm

im not even sure if its gonna be for the vita or psp, i hear its gonna be for vita but then i hear its gonna be for the psp

Poison Frost
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Poison Frost » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:58 pm

PhoenixKurosu wrote:im not even sure if its gonna be for the vita or psp, i hear its gonna be for vita but then i hear its gonna be for the psp

It's going to be for the PSP; if I remember correctly NISA aren't programmers so they can't make it for a system it's not originally for. Though in Japan (as far as I know) they're having a PSP->Vita transfer system that will allow you to play the games for the PSP on the Vita if you download them to the Vita. Vita can't play UMDs however.

myskaros
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby myskaros » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Poison Frost wrote:Quick question for everyone that is saying "I want it for DD because I want to play it on my Vita" are you guys trading in your PSPs for Vita credit? If not then why play it on your vita? I have a 80gb PS3 that allows me to play PS2 games but I still bring out my PS2 whenever I want to play them. I find it strange to play a game on another system if you have the original system available...

I own both a PSP (phat one) and a Vita, and the Vita screen is significantly larger than the PSP's, so it would be more luxurious to play it on the Vita.

I also own a PS2-compatible PS3, but I sold my PS2 to my friend since I didn't see a point in going through the trouble to dig out and hook up my PS2, or use up the space to have it set up all the time, to play PS2 games when I can just play them on my PS3...

DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby DarkAdonis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 pm

Poison Frost wrote:Getting BRS first day though it depends on the initial LE and form of the game (physical or DD) If it's DD then I'm ordering my White Box set from Japan.

Quick question for everyone that is saying "I want it for DD because I want to play it on my Vita" are you guys trading in your PSPs for Vita credit? If not then why play it on your vita? I have a 80gb PS3 that allows me to play PS2 games but I still bring out my PS2 whenever I want to play them. I find it strange to play a game on another system if you have the original system available...

Cause most psp games, as far as I'm aware, look better on the vita, and some play better.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”