Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 General Chat

Official Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Discussion Forum

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 General Chat

Postby Elston87 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

MarthX wrote:IF is amazing end and post game because of how high her AVD becomes. It has a faster growth rate than the other characters. Once her level is high, enemies and bosses will have a hell of a time trying to hit her. :lol:

Interesting; and to think I was going to replace her later on...

Currently for my game, she's at Level 30, but she seems weak compared to other party members (Gust being the only exception). Hopefully her attack power can improve, as for many battles, I had to use her as the guinea pig for many tough boss battles such as the 2nd encounter with Killachine and CPU Breaker. Hopefully that can stop... :(
PSN: Elston87

"RACING: Because football, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, and golf only require one ball."
Elston87
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Nyekun » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Elston87 wrote:
MarthX wrote:IF is amazing end and post game because of how high her AVD becomes. It has a faster growth rate than the other characters. Once her level is high, enemies and bosses will have a hell of a time trying to hit her. :lol:

Interesting; and to think I was going to replace her later on...

Currently for my game, she's at Level 30, but she seems weak compared to other party members (Gust being the only exception). Hopefully her attack power can improve, as for many battles, I had to use her as the guinea pig for many tough boss battles such as the 2nd encounter with Killachine and CPU Breaker. Hopefully that can stop... :(

I stopped using IF as soon as I could replace her, her missing so much was getting to the point of irritating and useless.

Anyways, while doing the chirpers and stuff, I saw quite a humorous event.
Spoiler:
Basically it starts off with Gear talking about how great CPU's are when transformed to the other members. Then Purple Heart appears out of no where. Everyone assumes that there's a enemy nearby, that could be the only reason why Neptune transformed but no. She was trying to get on a amusement park ride but was too short when normal so she transformed for the extra height.

Lmao, oh Neptune, how hilarious you are.

Also for the Kurisu chat a few comments above. It's because Christina is one of her many nickname in the Anime and saying Kurisu in 'Engrish', is Chris.
MyAnimeList / PSN: Niikun
Nyekun
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Ghaleon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:24 pm

On my first playthru I used Nepgear, compa, iffy, and 5PB to replace nisa as soon as I got her.
5pb seemed pretty useful (so did nisa but I just don't like her much visually OR personality wise), but her voice-acting in-battle was really bad IMO. So I had no questions about replacing her with Uni when I could. I thought about replacing compa with ROM, since ROM had bigger and better heals, but they also were far more expensive sp/ap wise, so I figured compa would be more practical.

Then I HAD to use Noir of course asap, so Iffy got the boot, but as I got further, I realized compa's spammable efficient heals were no longer needed very often, so I gave her the boot for iffy once again, who has a much more powerful heal that is also fairly efficient (and has an area). Plus she's faster, sturdier, and deals alot of hits, so getting sp on her would also be much easier.

Anyway, despite negear having like 100(!) less strength than noir, she dealt more damage, after experimenting around I found out that the power ratings on various attacks isn't very reliable. I'm honestly not sure how it works exactly, but it seems that something with 40 power for example, deals more than 2X as much as something with 20 power, and since Nepgear has more AP, I was equipping some of her "big" ap attacks like blue sonic and such, while I used the cheaper ones so that Noir could use her finishers every turn easily. However, Noir started dishing out more compareable damage once I replaced her supposedly better ap/power ratio attacks with the flat out bigger more expensive ones.

Of course maybe this is all just pure coincidence with crits and whatever. I can hardly say I analyzed it in a scientific sense, but I figured I'd just throw that out there for people >=).
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Nyekun » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:49 pm

I've managed to test out everyone, though my least used character is probably Gust and Rom/Ram. Of course, Gear is too overpowered, especially equipped with that item that lets you break damage limit...

I'm pretty disappointed at the original CPU's to be honest, each only have 3~4 skills and most of them are buffs and their offensive skills aren't too great either other than Verts.
Neptune - that bit sword... which pretty much only hits twice in a small range, requires fair of SP/AP.
Noir - pretty much same as Neptune but only hits once. Requires a fair amount of SP/AP
Blanc - single target but hits like 6 times IIRC. Extremely weak. Only a bit a SP/AP compared to the two above.
Verts - the spear with the line AoE. Less SP/AP than Noir and Neptunes IIRC and much easier to hit multiple targets with and does max damage.

I've heard about the DLC content where they get skills but whats the point? By the time they come out, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm done with the game (and busy playing Tales of Grace instead).

Though my main party consist of Gear, Uni, Noir and 5pb. I'm not using them based on stats or what not, rather more based on favorite characters. I find 5pb is extremely weak end game compared to the rest the characters and the having not a single extra outfit available is saddening but I still use her just to hear her say "tuturuu~".
MyAnimeList / PSN: Niikun
Nyekun
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Unvivid » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:44 am

*is looking intently at his Hyperdimension neptunia mk 2 premium edition gamindustri saviour box set* hmm....should i open it yet or should i wait? i feel like i shouldnt open it yet.....
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Chaoschao222 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 am

Ghaleon wrote:but I just don't like her much visually OR personality wise

Heretic.
Chaoschao222
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Elston87 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Anyone know if there is a level cap in this game, DLC-locked or not?

"RACING: Because football, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, and golf only require one ball."
Elston87
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Shikan Raider » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Elston87 wrote:Anyone know if there is a level cap in this game, DLC-locked or not?

Level cap is 99, there's no DLC which increases it.
Shikan Raider
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ghaleon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Chaoschao222 wrote:

Heretic.

I know you're kidding but that outfit she wears is god awful.
As for her personality, I think you can pretty much predict her every move after 20 seconds of meeting her. The whole "For justice" thing is way beyond overdone, it's all she talks about, and she's always shouting. Plus she's all like "I'm the hero follow me" when she's surrounded by her world's GODDESSES?! talk about arrogant.

nthxbai, she's a shallow (character depth wise) dork.
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Unvivid » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

i find those types of characters more of a comic relief type rather than an annoying character
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ghaleon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Neptunia, as a franchise.. doesn't really need a comic relief character....Even if it did, Neptune does that best anyway.
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Unvivid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:25 am

point taken, though nisa is a character based off nisa (or more precisely, based off prinnies) and what is the name of the first game that features the main character as a prinny? Prinny: Can I Really Be A Hero? im guessing they are basing her attitude on that part of the title(HERO) As we all know, most heroes in anime act rash, or is a bit unheroic as first. but yeah, I havent really gotten that far in the game yet, and i havent finished that far in the first game yet either, so im not too sure about nisa's attitude, but i do know the bare minimum of how she acts. (too much things happened and i really couldnt finish ANY of my games.... i have over 50 games in my incomplete list right now that im STILL trying to finish....)

On a side note, is it really natural for some of the game's scenes to... well, is it natural to see it lag a bit? (by that i mean its like playing a game on a 5 year old computer. its not that it lags so much that it stops the screen and then your in a different place. its more of a you can see the frames moving. like, in battle it seems like the frames are rushed. is that normal or is it due to my ps3 being the new slim 120gb that actually seems worse than the fat versions?)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Unvivid
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Ghaleon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 am

I get choptastic frames on my "fat" ps3 too (got one of the newer ones that cant emulate ps2s, and need software to emulate ps1s), but it typically fixes itself after 1 battle.

Something that just occured to me about neptunia... Neptunia is like nisa's game more than any other companies' in a sense. I mean, idea factory, gust, compile heart, NIS, etc... Nisa works with all of them during their localizations... This game has more in common with NISA than NIS, or If, or compile heart, etc.
Ghaleon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Elston87 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Ghaleon wrote:I get choptastic frames on my "fat" ps3 too (got one of the newer ones that cant emulate ps2s, and need software to emulate ps1s), but it typically fixes itself after 1 battle.

I assume it is the HDD of that console. Some hunch tells me that the game caches data on the HDD while you play, thus the load times are slow to boot, but tremendously speed up later as you play (either that, or some other programmer magic I am gracious for)...

I wouldn't have that much knowledge anymore on HDDs since I switched my PS3 over to an SSD, whereas load times are non-existent. 8-)

Elston87
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Akeashar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:12 pm

Ghaleon wrote:
Chaoschao222 wrote:

Heretic.

I know you're kidding but that outfit she wears is god awful.
As for her personality, I think you can pretty much predict her every move after 20 seconds of meeting her. The whole "For justice" thing is way beyond overdone, it's all she talks about, and she's always shouting. Plus she's all like "I'm the hero follow me" when she's surrounded by her world's GODDESSES?! talk about arrogant.

nthxbai, she's a shallow (character depth wise) dork.

NISA is one of my favourite characters. Love the outfit, and the whole FOR JUSTICE! thing just totally fits with the vibe of NIS games. She reminds me of Flonne in Trinity Universe, in that manner. And they just released her for Disgaea 4! Whee!
Akeashar
Majin
Majin

PreviousNext

Return to Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2