Disgaea 4 Avatar on EU

Official discussion forum for Disgaea 4

Disgaea 4 Avatar on EU

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 am

Source - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/ ... arch-2012/

The first NISA (Nis America) avatar has found it's way to EU
Disgaea 4: Axel Avatar

This is great news, but sadly did Sony or NISA decide not to make the Avatar available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine.

This ain't new for the Nordic Country + Polen.
In this country's are all Disgaea 4 DLC past Hi-Res Asagi and all Hyperdimension Neptunia mk-2 not available (Happy I brought US version).
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Disgaea 4 Avatar on EU

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:23 am

Seeing as it's just one, it makes me think they submitted it first to see if everything went smoothly, so the rest will be soon to follow I'm pretty sure.
It's also not probably available in those countries because Sony requires all the text of store content and its accompanying documentation to be translated into a country's language before they will make it available there, so those will likely be arriving soon. Hopefully they've got a Dutch translator to solve the problems they were previously having with getting DLC released in Belgium and the Netherlands (although the lack of the latter on that exclusion list does suggest they have).
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Lord Starfish » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 am

Ringwraith wrote:It's also not probably available in those countries because Sony requires all the text of store content and its accompanying documentation to be translated into a country's language before they will make it available there, so those will likely be arriving soon. Hopefully they've got a Dutch translator to solve the problems they were previously having with getting DLC released in Belgium and the Netherlands (although the lack of the latter on that exclusion list does suggest they have).

Well I can't speak for the other Nordic countries, but here in Norway they've never translated anything Disgaea-related (actually, getting a translation for any game is pretty rare here), and yet we've still gotten all the DLC that the rest of Europe got up to now (It was only starting last week with batch 3 that we were suddenly left out), so I don't see why the lack of a translation should suddenly stop them now.
Lord Starfish
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 am

It's mostly the accompanying documentation requiring translation, so it's stuff you never see that proves the biggest roadblock (at least for individual regions).

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 am

Ringwraith wrote:It's mostly the accompanying documentation requiring translation, so it's stuff you never see that proves the biggest roadblock (at least for individual regions).

The dokumentation on Danish PSN is English.

Also games rarely get translate into Danish, but see Swedish as option many times.

Also all NISA up to release of Hi-red Asagari is available on PSn
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Blackchaosdragon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Huh? is it just the one avatar? or is it a test to see if its worth releasing the rest?
but that aside YES at last some progress. sorry for going off topic kinda.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Blackchaosdragon
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby CelticRedemption » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:19 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Seeing as it's just one, it makes me think they submitted it first to see if everything went smoothly, so the rest will be soon to follow I'm pretty sure.
It's also not probably available in those countries because Sony requires all the text of store content and its accompanying documentation to be translated into a country's language before they will make it available there, so those will likely be arriving soon. Hopefully they've got a Dutch translator to solve the problems they were previously having with getting DLC released in Belgium and the Netherlands (although the lack of the latter on that exclusion list does suggest they have).

Axel doesn't seem to be available on the dutch store either. Though that hardly surprises me as Belgium is also on that list. As far as I know the main spoken language in Belgium is Dutch ( then French, then German ).

EDIT: Actually... Austria being on there seems weird too. The official language of Austria is german. So does that mean Germany should also be on that list?
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, seems NISA weren't expecting the delay either, seeing as the Prinny Bomb states there should be at least five avatars up there.
artemisthemp wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:It's mostly the accompanying documentation requiring translation, so it's stuff you never see that proves the biggest roadblock (at least for individual regions).

Also games rarely get translate into Danish, but see Swedish as option many times.

It's not the description of what you see on the store or anything, it's all the paperwork behind the submission, as Sony requires that to be in the language of the region you want to release it in. Considering how many national languages there are in Europe, I'm not surprised it's a bit of a nightmare to release anything on the store there, seeing as you need multiple versions of everything in every language.
Last edited by Ringwraith on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Chizu » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 pm

Its on the UK store, and after getting the prinny bomb that was all LOOK DISGAEA 4 AVATARS IN EUROPE
I was pretty disappointed that its just Axel :/

I don't want Axel :v

I wants ma Desco avatar :'(

c'mon guys, sort it out :V
Chizu
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby artemisthemp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:34 am

Ringwraith wrote:Well, seems NISA weren't expecting the delay either, seeing as the Prinny Bomb states there should be at least five avatars up there.
artemisthemp wrote:

It's not the description of what you see on the store or anything, it's all the paperwork behind the submission, as Sony requires that to be in the language of the region you want to release it in. Considering how many national languages there are in Europe, I'm not surprised it's a bit of a nightmare to release anything on the store there, seeing as you need multiple versions of everything in every language.

Hope Sony work it out, since I really would be sad to miss out on Atelier or Hyperdimension Avatar (wait on them, since US got them)
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 am

artemisthemp wrote:Hope Sony work it out, since I really would be sad to miss out on Atelier or Hyperdimension Avatar (wait on them, since US got them)

They were the ones NISA said they were working on, and I'm just expecting we'll get them in reverse order or something, as Disgaea 4's are the most recent.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby artemisthemp » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:22 am

Ringwraith wrote:
artemisthemp wrote:Hope Sony work it out, since I really would be sad to miss out on Atelier or Hyperdimension Avatar (wait on them, since US got them)

They were the ones NISA said they were working on, and I'm just expecting we'll get them in reverse order or something, as Disgaea 4's are the most recent.

Could be nice, since that would mean we get Atelier + a Hyperdimension (think NISA) next. (if Denmark get it)
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Jeffers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 am

I'm glad to hear avatars are finally being made available in Europe. I was hoping for some from the earlier games, but this is a promising start. With any luck we will have access to a range of avatars on par with other parts of the world soon.
Jeffers
Peon
Peon

Postby Emerald Emblem » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Chizu wrote:Its on the UK store, and after getting the prinny bomb that was all LOOK DISGAEA 4 AVATARS IN EUROPE
I was pretty disappointed that its just Axel :/

I don't want Axel :v

I wants ma Desco avatar :'(

c'mon guys, sort it out :V

Good on you fellow Desco fan. *high 5*

Let's hope next week we have some more.
Emerald Emblem
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:13 am

So no more avatars today, and I can't check if simply the region availability changed.
Although while looking at it, it seems to me that it's not properly set up either, as instead of there being a category for Disgaea 4 avatars it's just there, alone in the list of games...

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Next

Return to Disgaea 4 (PS3, PS Vita)