Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 DLC in Finland

Have a suggestion? Post your comments here!

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 DLC in Finland

Postby Sumea » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:34 am

I am a citizen of Finland myself, but as I understand this also applies to other northern European countries, such as Sweden and Norway.

At this moment, there is still no DLC for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 available in my PSN store. There is bunch of DLC available in Japan, in America, and even in British and German PSN stores, but none in Finland or other of the four countries affected by this.

I have heard the reasoning, yes, how "it takes a while to translate descriptions for these stores" . I find that even more confusing. Everything in my Finnish PSN store is in English. There is nothing translated in my PSN store and all descriptions for everything is in English. I also am quite sure that the same is for Sweden and Norway stores as well.

I comment on this because I bought a european copy of the game few weeks after it had already released. For a week or two I was upset how there seemed to be no DLC available in Europe, not paid or free. Then it was brought to my attention by people in internet that Europe has a bunch of DLC, that all is just available in any other store other than the five countries one happened to be one I live in.

I thought first to get additional character DLC like I did for first Hyperdimension Neptunia game, but because it was not available, I decided to take slow playthrough through the game, see and wait.

Now it has been a month, maybe bit over, and there is still no DLC available in north European counries' stores. I already finished the game three times.

If some DLC becomes available I will probably get Character and Costume DLC and replay the game because it quite frankly was one of more fun games I played in a while. I made a throwaway british PSN account just to get the free DLC. I just want to express my displeasure with ability to translate English to English, and I was not rather chuffed about this at all. I would have liked to buy Character DLC for first playthrough like I did with first game.

Thanks for everything else though!
-Sumea

EDIT: Well okay then, seems like I was wrong about store not being translated. There seems to be option to have my store in Finnish what I found out about just five minutes ago.

Why the content cannot be made available for north european users who choose to use english store (because frankly, the Finnish translation for the store is awkward as heck) still perplexes me. It's not like Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 itself was translated into Finnish, it's description sure as heck does not need either. And if it does I need to start hating Sony to death slowly, but surely.

Edit 2: Oh wait, scrap that theory and reason. First Hyperdimension Neptunia game had it's DLC released fine in Finland and it has it's store descriptions in English, and that seems to be fine even if I have Finnish setting, and so is Neptunia mk2's description in Finnish lnaguage store to be in plain english so, this reasoning of "needing" to be translated holds no ground and there seriously should be a GOOD reason why this release is being postponed in only this small area of countries.

Because my nerves got bit rustled here, seriously.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 DLC in Finland

Postby duranox » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:53 am

I live in sweden and i completly agree with you on the dlc, the first game had all the dlcs released in sweden just fine. I wonder what's so different with the second game in the translation. postponed that's fine with me aslong as we get the sooner or later.
duranox
Peon
Peon

Postby Sumea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 pm

duranox wrote:I live in sweden and i completly agree with you on the dlc, the first game had all the dlcs released in sweden just fine. I wonder what's so different with the second game in the translation. postponed that's fine with me aslong as we get the sooner or later.

Well, when there is not even a reason to postpone it, I am not fine with it. Like said, if there actually was something being translated, I'd get it. But Neptunia 1 and Neptunia mk2 related content in finnish store is all in plain English, even after setting the Finnish language for the store.

Like said, when I got original game, on following day I got myself the character DLC along free DLC.

In mk2 case, it took me a week to realize that DLC was released, just because it was not listed in my store and until saying so in a internet conversation, someone else mentioned "there is DLC in europe, what are you talking about?"

Anyway, be it translation or whatever, it's been over two months since the game released, two and half, and not a SINGLE ONE DLC has been yet Released, I had plenty time to play the game through three times and I still have no access to optional DLC.

To me it is unacceptable and unfair.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:49 am

Sumea wrote:
duranox wrote:I live in sweden and i completly agree with you on the dlc, the first game had all the dlcs released in sweden just fine. I wonder what's so different with the second game in the translation. postponed that's fine with me aslong as we get the sooner or later.

Well, when there is not even a reason to postpone it, I am not fine with it. Like said, if there actually was something being translated, I'd get it. But Neptunia 1 and Neptunia mk2 related content in finnish store is all in plain English, even after setting the Finnish language for the store.

Like said, when I got original game, on following day I got myself the character DLC along free DLC.

In mk2 case, it took me a week to realize that DLC was released, just because it was not listed in my store and until saying so in a internet conversation, someone else mentioned "there is DLC in europe, what are you talking about?"

Anyway, be it translation or whatever, it's been over two months since the game released, two and half, and not a SINGLE ONE DLC has been yet Released, I had plenty time to play the game through three times and I still have no access to optional DLC.

To me it is unacceptable and unfair.

This is one of the reason I buy my NIS title from NISA Store, but this also effect Avatar, which I am sad about.

This may explain why it ain't avaliable in Scandinavia
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8992#p402381
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:05 am

This sucks, the DLC should be available to all game owners! I mean, I still really want those PSN avatars to come to the US... :cry:
Formerly known as: Sutton
Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 am

suttonmitchell wrote:This sucks, the DLC should be available to all game owners! I mean, I still really want those PSN avatars to come to the US... :cry:

To my Knowledge are HDN avatar avaliable and have been a long time in US
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sultan Sigma » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:10 am

artemisthemp wrote:
suttonmitchell wrote:This sucks, the DLC should be available to all game owners! I mean, I still really want those PSN avatars to come to the US... :cry:

To my Knowledge are HDN avatar avaliable and have been a long time in US

There are HDN avatars there. Although, there isn't any Mk2 ones, and that is what I am talking about.
Formerly known as: Sutton
Sultan Sigma
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Sumea » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:53 am

So basically there needs to be documentation about the DLC in Finnish for workers at PSN - Who I woudl myself expect to know english especially when customers are expected to know English already, I as that kind of customer expect that paid workers at PSN would at least speak two languages, if not more.

Well, this more and more seems a combined conflict from sony regulations (those stupid stupid sony regulations) and Nisa unable to get Finnish and Polish and other north european translators, what sounds plausible because i myself know that Finnish is not widely known language nor translators for matters such as games are hard to come around.

Still this is sad. And the NISA store thing would not help that much, to get the DLC I could still not use my own credit card and account, but I'd need to import american PSN card. What is not too hard though, but inconvenient and something I should not be expected to do over few pieces of cheaper DLC.

Ironically enough, I bough European version just to get my DLC easier - like I did with first game, I had to only pay total of 13€ or so for all character DLC and was satisfied with easy availability of the free DLC too. Well, I can understand, but I cannot say that it satisfies as customer to be locked out while American fellow fans are talking about getting final set of DLC finally and so on.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Rednal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 am

It'd be nice if SCE could just add, like, some sort of Stamp of Approval to say they've already looked at it and approved it... -.- Regulations that inhibit things are bad, yes?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29
Spoiler:
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sumea » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:46 am

Just gonna update the thread with slight bumb and also saying:
This now is not only indifinite delay of neptunia mk2 DLC.

Disgaea 4 avatars SECTION popped to my PSN few days ago. And sure enough, the section exists but content is empty. Checked britannian store and oh, everywhere else but Scandinavia, you can now purchase Disgaea 4 avatars... Great Job nisa!

Also, Disgaea 3 Vita version (I have not played the series, it had different subname than PS3 version though) was released, also on european PSN... Well european PSN EXCLUDING SCANDINAVIA.

And you know, I am as interested in those disgaea avatars actually as mk2 DLC. But really, this seems to escalate into fencing off whole area of world still teeming with customers, who are not at all happy from level of service they get, and this is just something as simple as making digital goods available in one area - this should be as easy as ABC.

Just go one two three, A B C and make it happen because this starts to seriously grind my nerves how bad this situation is.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby artemisthemp » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:15 am

Sumea wrote:Just gonna update the thread with slight bumb and also saying:
This now is not only indifinite delay of neptunia mk2 DLC.

Disgaea 4 avatars SECTION popped to my PSN few days ago. And sure enough, the section exists but content is empty. Checked britannian store and oh, everywhere else but Scandinavia, you can now purchase Disgaea 4 avatars... Great Job nisa!

Also, Disgaea 3 Vita version (I have not played the series, it had different subname than PS3 version though) was released, also on european PSN... Well european PSN EXCLUDING SCANDINAVIA.

And you know, I am as interested in those disgaea avatars actually as mk2 DLC. But really, this seems to escalate into fencing off whole area of world still teeming with customers, who are not at all happy from level of service they get, and this is just something as simple as making digital goods available in one area - this should be as easy as ABC.

Just go one two three, A B C and make it happen because this starts to seriously grind my nerves how bad this situation is.

The Axel Avatar has been on PSN, since March 21 2012 (Not available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine), but first this Friday was the 4 other Avatar made available.

I fear that Skandinavia + Polen would be excluded from buying Absence of Detention on PSN and turn out to be true.
Not that it really matters, since it was cheaper for me to import it from US.

The DLC issue seem to have begun on Febuary 29, 2012

The Lastest I heard in this issue was on March 28 2012
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumea » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:01 am

It's just funny how them adding the DLC for rest of europe still gives the category in Finland (and other parts of europe that infact have no DLC) - what I find rather odd. There is the category but no content, why?

Same thing for Disgaea 4 avatars now a week ago - there is now the category for it in Finnish PSN that came up at same time as they released the content - everywhere else but the Scandinavian countries and Poland.

I just added the Disgaea 3 because it seems nisa dropped ball with PSN releasing in general. And sadly we as customers are not just woth it to them. I get seriously a vibe that scandinavian countries are not worhy customers for nisa to be served well at all. This is why I am also unsure how to respond when finally content I want to buy comes available?

Should I just not buy any of it because nisa dropped ball?
Or should I buy it as I want it and send Nisa message "Hey, it's fine to not serve as a equal base of customers who are not worthy enough to get downloadable content until many MANY months late - but it is all FINE, just have my money for this great service"

I seriously do not know. I do not know are nisa trying or not - all I know that the game launched several months ago and there is still no DLC, and now even more further releases by Nisa for PSN are getting delayed.
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby artemisthemp » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:36 am

Sumea wrote:It's just funny how them adding the DLC for rest of europe still gives the category in Finland (and other parts of europe that infact have no DLC) - what I find rather odd. There is the category but no content, why?

Same thing for Disgaea 4 avatars now a week ago - there is now the category for it in Finnish PSN that came up at same time as they released the content - everywhere else but the Scandinavian countries and Poland.

I just added the Disgaea 3 because it seems nisa dropped ball with PSN releasing in general. And sadly we as customers are not just woth it to them. I get seriously a vibe that scandinavian countries are not worhy customers for nisa to be served well at all. This is why I am also unsure how to respond when finally content I want to buy comes available?

Should I just not buy any of it because nisa dropped ball?
Or should I buy it as I want it and send Nisa message "Hey, it's fine to not serve as a equal base of customers who are not worthy enough to get downloadable content until many MANY months late - but it is all FINE, just have my money for this great service"

I seriously do not know. I do not know are nisa trying or not - all I know that the game launched several months ago and there is still no DLC, and now even more further releases by Nisa for PSN are getting delayed.

My guess for the Folder exist for HDN MK-2 DLC and Disgaea Avatar is that the DLC and Avatar are on the store, but Public view is not enable (just like SF X Tekken GEM DLC)

EU customer is threaded different already.
Try for example to find a Limited Edition of any NIS game or get a EU copy with NISA Store bonus.
Another example is Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of of Ar Ciel, EU don't have the Harvestasha Alternative Personality Patch Module DLC that US does.

I will not say NIS are without fault for this Issue with Avatar/DLC not been available on Scandinavian and Polish PSN, but don't most country in EU speak/read/understand English and to my knowledge does HDN MK-2 only have 2 languages option 1. English or 2. Japanese, so does Sony require the Documentation to get stuff on PSN to be translated into Danish example?
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumea » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 am

artemisthemp wrote:I will not say NIS are without fault for this Issue with Avatar/DLC not been available on Scandinavian and Polish PSN, but don't most country in EU speak/read/understand English and to my knowledge does HDN MK-2 only have 2 languages option 1. English or 2. Japanese, so does Sony require the Documentation to get stuff on PSN to be translated into Danish example?

Yeah, I find that myself weird too. Some say some internal documentation is needed to be translated for employees who I think should speak at least English aside their own main language. And the store text I already checked, that clearly is not REQUIRED to be in language of the european area. Well, for germany or france maybe but there is content in finnish store that is translated to finnish, and some content that is not, including content from nisa (HDN1 DLC is all in english, I reported this earlier)
Sumea
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby artemisthemp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:43 am

Sumea wrote:
artemisthemp wrote:I will not say NIS are without fault for this Issue with Avatar/DLC not been available on Scandinavian and Polish PSN, but don't most country in EU speak/read/understand English and to my knowledge does HDN MK-2 only have 2 languages option 1. English or 2. Japanese, so does Sony require the Documentation to get stuff on PSN to be translated into Danish example?

Yeah, I find that myself weird too. Some say some internal documentation is needed to be translated for employees who I think should speak at least English aside their own main language. And the store text I already checked, that clearly is not REQUIRED to be in language of the european area. Well, for germany or france maybe but there is content in finnish store that is translated to finnish, and some content that is not, including content from nisa (HDN1 DLC is all in english, I reported this earlier)

Yes, don't understand why Sony require Documentation to be in that country languages, since the actual game are in English (option to chose JP audio (did that for Red Scene in HDN 1).
So I would guess the customer/Sony Scandinavia + Polen would be able understand English.

MK-2 is rated M (Mature)/16
Disgaea 4 is rated T (Teen)/12

Source - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/04/ ... ent-220756

Sony finally spoken about this Issue:

1. Why are Disgaea and Hyperdimension DLC not available in Scandinavian territories?
A. This was sadly a decision the publisher has made. At this time it doesn’t seem likely DLC will be available in the region.
artemisthemp
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Next

Return to Feedback for NIS America