RANDOM freezes ^^

Official Trinity Universe Discussion Forum

RANDOM freezes ^^

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 am

this cant be a random case
at both stories i had a freez at the endscrren of chapter 10 exactly once and right after i get over this without freez ^^ sooo RANDOM
my ps3 randomly got overheated at the same point at the different story yeah my ps3 is on anotebookcooler so it cant be overheating well ^^
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: RANDOM freezes ^^

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 am

I've never had the game freeze on me yet, and I am in chapter 9 in the Kanata story so far.

These boards are the first I have heard of this happening (then again I don't play it for long amounts of time at a time, instead opting to only play to a certain point and then give the machine time to cool down: in hot weather its best not to let a machine known for overheating get the chance too).

*Not sure if that's the reason why its freezing on some people*
Good? Evil? I am what I am; a force of nature.
Overlord? Diety? I wasn't aware I was in charge, I am just the creator.
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:28 am

Anbu wrote:my ps3 is on a notebookcooler so it cant be overheating well ^^

here are 20° in my room and outside 18° i start to sweat XD
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lordryo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 am

Rhuen wrote:its best not to let a machine known for overheating get the chance too).

Since when has the PS3 been known for overheating?

I've had multiple random freezes in Kanata's story only, and not all of them were during long playing periods. These freezes are the reason I haven't played in awhile.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:48 am

lordryo wrote:
Rhuen wrote:its best not to let a machine known for overheating get the chance too).

Since when has the PS3 been known for overheating?

I've had multiple random freezes in Kanata's story only, and not all of them were during long playing periods. These freezes are the reason I haven't played in awhile.

The PS3 has been known to overheat since it came out. It was a major complaint amongst customers in America, it doesn't have a very effective cooling system, places that sell them were instructed to tell customers to keep the machine upright on its side like the box shows and to keep up off the floor or carpet.

LIke I said not sure if its why, but I havn't had any freezes.
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 am

well loaded 5 times the savegames before...no freezes till the first one
kanatas story i was there after 10 hours of playing and at riz after 30 min (counted from when i started game , no break in between) so no overheating

if the game randomly frezzes at any times since you just walk in a dungeon or just at a fight without any actions done this would be overheating i think....

but since i mostly read at loading screens and triggers i would think
1 an software+hardware issue not a defekt just that that some might work not good enough together since the slim need longer to load which indicates that the hardware it not exactly the same of a fat
maybe its an issue that occours 1 out of 20000 times and i got 2 of them in a row..... and when they tested it didnt happened.....and i would believe it since im amagnet for hardware and sofware problems XDDD

even so im at chapter 12 now and at startscrren of 11/12 and endscrren of 11 no freezes
maybe system may have a loading issue at end cause of triggering event + adding teammembers + looking for all 3 optional chars for unlocking chapter 11 true end events ^^

just a guess but since its the only game where i have freezes and my ps3 is still not broken and still reads i think its the best guess XD what leads to this issue is another question
(maybe one bit of corrupted file in database, software/hardware/firmware conflict..maybe bacause i installed the theme?

since we cant see logs of thet hings the game does at the points where its freez we will never know..... aww missing pictures and dont know what i havent done to get them since i sleep 10 times after every dungeon or event mehhhhhh
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SjSharks182 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 pm

My ps3 freezes about once a week, it doesn't matter what the game is. Would putting it upright really help? It looks like it was made to be horizontal.
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"
SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:40 pm

its made for both(no coincidence that the sides are flat) ^^ and yeah some people really say it helps
and even i see alot of people have it at their desk the normal way and some at the side but since i think its made to be able for both positions because of room since its a bit wide ....so if you have more room in height or enough in height you can put the ps3 on the side...first when i got my ps3 i had it at side(blue ray drive at top cause then the cooler also at top ^^)
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SjSharks182 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks, and I have the perfect spot ^^
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"
SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Anbu » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:06 pm

you're welcome ^^
glad that i can help =)
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Rhuen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

hmmm, I have no idea what the cause is then, in chapter 10 now on Kanata, still not had any freezes, the load for fights is a little slow sometimes but never freezes.

yeah I keep mine on its side verticle on a little platform and to help keep it cool I have a table fan trained on it angled up to the same part the internal fans are on (I found it has helped keep this area from feeling hot to the touch longer).
Rhuen
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lordryo » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:21 am

Hmm, my PS3 lays flat and has for a while now and I've never experienced it over heating in the 3 and a hlaf years I've had it...

I started playing again yesterday and didn't have any freezing issues, granted I was only playing for less than an hour.
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Anbu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:03 pm

if you ps3 is in a cupboard, it is logic that the front shows to the front so the back cooler sends the warmess out but cant escape anywhere

well but overheating CAN cause freezes but i dont think its the problem here in this case since overheating problem cause everytime at any game problems
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lordryo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 am

My PS3 is constantly in a position to overheat and I've had gaming runs at over 48 hours! Never had a problem aside from the TriUni freezing issues.
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Anbu » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:12 am

yeah like i said overheating would cause eproblems at any since its only triuni->cant be the case ^^
Last edited by Anbu on Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Next

Return to Trinity Universe