RANDOM freezes ^^

Official Trinity Universe Discussion Forum

Re: RANDOM freezes ^^

Postby Taiga » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:31 am

Had my first freeze today... in Riz's path, though given the circumstances, I think it's normal.

I somehow managed to activate a CS in a dungeon and a battle at the same time in the second dungeon, the game just blew up after the CS (it still had the "glass shattering" effect too)
Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Anbu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:02 am

cs?(cashshop)? XD
so you think the 2 loadings killed each other ? XD
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lordryo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 am

I finally got through Kanata's story! I only stopped playing cause it kept freezing so many times! But now I'm on my way to the "True Ending" on Riz's story (safe from freezes) Almost to platinum!
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Anbu » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 am

gz ^^ schol just started for me so i dont have so much time it will take time for me to get platinum XD
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby lordryo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:41 am

Oh, that sucks. The drifting 100 dungeons will take some time!
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Taiga » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Anbu wrote:cs?(cashshop)? XD
so you think the 2 loadings killed each other ? XD

Cut Scene.

But yeah, I guess the two of them at the same time must have overloaded something. Replaying it, I realized it didn't even finish the CS, it froze after the "art image" showed up and there was still some dialogue after that (it was about Violet finding Unis)
Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 am

Sorry for the double posting.

Strangely, the same thing just happened to me again, but in chapter two of Kanata's path, but the freeze didn't happen. It was the CS right before the Prinny fight, I got the random attack transition screen right as the CS started, but nothing froze. The CS played out, the random battle played out, and then the Prinny battle immediately happened.

I wonder if the freeze in Riz's path was a freak accident, or if it was because there was an art image there, and not in this one.
Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Anbu » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:09 am

hmmm well efe it was not he right timing or just a accident freeze last time like most of us have XD
Anbu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby doomgazedrgn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:12 pm

If you want the "delightful" experience of "random" game freezes (matters not if your PS3 "overheats" or not), here are some recipes:

1. Go to the character status submenu and press down to view their equipped meteors list. Then quickly change between characters... You'll get a freeze guaranteed.

2. Exit a dungeon and try posting your rank while online. If you happen to come across "error 0(00000000)" and try to repost rank right away or try to leave this screen too quickly, you'll also get a guaranteed freeze.

3. Enter the equip screen and when you browse through your inventory trying different equipments to enhance stats or choose changes quickly, you will also get a guaranteed freeze.

I contacted NISA game support about these too frequent game lockups and they replied (copied from their email response):
(quote)
"Thank you for contacting us regarding Trinity Universe. We are aware of
these locking issues, but the developer was unable to find a fix without
some extensive reprogramming. For many of those, think of it like this: when
you try to open all of the programs at once on your computer, what happens?
It'll slow down and eventually lock. That's the premise behind the issues
with how TriUni was programmed. By cycling through menus or images quickly,
the disc is being forced to read them all at once. There's no need to rush!

Thanks again for the support and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Customer Support Staff

NIS America, Inc." (end quote)

Basically they told me to suck it up 'cuz the game programmer was too lazy to fix his mess just because it was "too much work"... And they expect me to pay for DLC for a faulty game? These are not bugs (like Cross Edge's random battle lockups which are somewhat "escapable" by pressing L2 to skip battle animations)... These are MAJOR FLAWS. Imagine beating a dungeon, getting an image, secret treasure, finishing the hunting spot, killing the lurker and get to the exit in 70 or so seconds for almost 10,000 evaluation points just to get a lockup & lose it all in a second? Or get a cool piece of equipment or so much needed item and lose it just because you used the menus too quickly? Did you know that to "unfreeze" the game sometimes you have to turn off the PS3 "the hard way" because seldom it lets you turn it off by using the power button and sometimes you just have to use the back power switch? What if their game ends up damaging my HDD?

I know a bunch of fellow TU players who have had to replay the same things over and over just because the game freezes randomly?

"Just save all the time and you'll be fine/stop complaining" someone might say... So I can't complain when I get a faulty product which I paid for? I expect not my games to be perfect, but I expect them to be PLAYABLE.

When Bayonetta first came out for the PS3, it was plagued with loading screens so the buyers complained. SONY didn't tell their customers to suck it up... They took the game from SEGA and modified it to install into the HDD to keep those load times to a minimum. Result? The game plays very nice and load screens are rarely seen.

I am a complete ignorant when it comes to PS3 coding, but in a PC, to read data from an specific storage device takes no longer than a few minutes to alter an (ie. "d:" being the Bluray) fseek() bitstream from d:\BLUS30367\Char_data\Imageset to c:\BLUS30367\Char_data\Imageset or /dev/bd0/BLUS30367/Char_data/Imageset to /dev/hd0/BLUS30367/Char_data/Imageset ... You just have to make sure it exists at such a location.

I don't know about you, but I want these issues solved or to get some kind of compensation for such a faulty product. Either make all DLC free or issue a fix to these lockups.
doomgazedrgn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby shinhawk » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:48 am

doomgazedrgn wrote:If you want the "delightful" experience of "random" game freezes (matters not if your PS3 "overheats" or not), here are some recipes:

1. Go to the character status submenu and press down to view their equipped meteors list. Then quickly change between characters... You'll get a freeze guaranteed.

2. Exit a dungeon and try posting your rank while online. If you happen to come across "error 0(00000000)" and try to repost rank right away or try to leave this screen too quickly, you'll also get a guaranteed freeze.

3. Enter the equip screen and when you browse through your inventory trying different equipments to enhance stats or choose changes quickly, you will also get a guaranteed freeze.

You don't really have much of a legitimate complaint when you're whining about freezing that requires players to do something that isn't normal and its something very VERY specific to trigger. Its obvious those freezes you described only happen by deliberately overworking and messing with the console's ability to read the disc properly. Why would someone in the right mind do either 1-3 normally? NISA is correct in shutting down your complaint. Bugs to complain about are ones that happen in normal gameplay as what some of the posters have experienced.

Out of the long hours I've played, Trinity U has only locked up on me once and that's when i was going through the gallery really fast like I'm not supposed to. I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones to not suffer large amounts of lock up.
"Just save all the time and you'll be fine/stop complaining" someone might say... So I can't complain when I get a faulty product which I paid for? I expect not my games to be perfect, but I expect them to be PLAYABLE.

Again, how is it faulty when you're deliberately finding bugs and glitches to make the game break down?
A proud mark for Black Heart and Purple Heart.
shinhawk
Majin
Majin

Postby vampko » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:06 am

@wall of text
I understand your grief, but I can guarantee you I've done those things and not had a problem with freezing. For me, it's pretty random actually. And what they said is true. Trying to cycle through things so fast is something that could cause problems. And, it's not just a 'simple fix'. Furthermore, they are just the localizers, they're not game developer programmers. They don't have the staff to handle stuff like that. They can only send word ahead to the original devs. And I doubt they're gonna work on fixing an issue on a game that's fairly old. Lastly, Sony has lots and lots of money, and they develop in-house games. They have the staff and resources to fix something like that.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Alicia-tan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm

My game only froze once,when I tried to repost my rank after the aforementioned error when you leave a dungeon.

For all the other errors,I'll probably never get them because I don't like rushing through menus,pretty needless if I may say,so there's no point in ever doing it.
Alicia-tan
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby doomgazedrgn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Oh... I see...

1. It isn't normal to use the menus at any other speed than slow, wanting to save time, because faulty code forces me to... Got it.
2. I do not have a legitimate complaint because I "thoroughly and deliberately searched for said flaws" and didn't just stumble upon them again and again... Ok.
3. I should never see the gallery without captions (pressing square) at any speed or risk a lockup because it is unnatural behaviour and wrong game usage... Understood.
4. I should never dare try to re-post my rank online when I get an error because if I get a lockup, it is solely my fault and not the game's faulty code... Accepted.
5. It is absolutely and solely my fault that the game locked up at the exact same spots over and over again (changing from Ch.9 to Ch.10) in either path when I made the mistake of not skipping the ongoing scenes and not the game's code... Alright.
doomgazedrgn
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby vampko » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:12 pm

doomgazedrgn wrote:Oh... I see...

1. It isn't normal to use the menus at any other speed than slow, wanting to save time, because faulty code forces me to... Got it.
2. I do not have a legitimate complaint because I "thoroughly and deliberately searched for said flaws" and didn't just stumble upon them again and again... Ok.
3. I should never see the gallery without captions (pressing square) at any speed or risk a lockup because it is unnatural behaviour and wrong game usage... Understood.
4. I should never dare try to re-post my rank online when I get an error because if I get a lockup, it is solely my fault and not the game's faulty code... Accepted.
5. It is absolutely and solely my fault that the game locked up at the exact same spots over and over again (changing from Ch.9 to Ch.10) in either path when I made the mistake of not skipping the ongoing scenes and not the game's code... Alright.

Again, I don't disagree with you, but NISA doesn't really handle the programming, they can only send word to the actual devs. And they probably wouldn't want to bother with trying to patch a game that's been out for a while.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Trinity Universe