Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum

Would you buy Black Rock Shooter The Game if the LE was not available?

Yes, definitely.
17%
Yes, of course! I wasn't going to get the LE anyways.
13%
Yes, but I would still REALLY want the LE and would be REALLY disappointed!!!
42%
Yes, but I'd wait for a price drop or something cause I'd be sad...
8%
Possibly, but the possibility that the LE won't be released hadn't even occured to me!
2%
Nope, I would no longer be interested.
17%

Total votes: 52

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Would you buy BRS The Game without the LE?

Postby Rednal » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 pm

I think releasing it download only, but with a physical limited edition that had a download code and some goodies, would be an interesting way to go. If it'll sell enough to make that worthwhile, anyway. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

kazriko
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby kazriko » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I'll definitely buy it. I actually don't buy many physical PSP games anymore, and I've purged my collection down to only about 4 games. I don't even have a PSP anymore, so I need a downloadable version for my Vita.

I must say, Thank you NISa for finally announcing this, and releasing it so soon after announcement. :)

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Rednal wrote:I think releasing it download only, but with a physical limited edition that had a download code and some goodies, would be an interesting way to go. If it'll sell enough to make that worthwhile, anyway. ^^

Personally I think that seems a bit pointless. If they were going to release a physical product, why not just include a UMD copy of the game? I'd be ok with the options of digital download or LE UMD.

I would have gladly double dipped and bought the US version in that case, I'd even be ok with it being a NIS Store exclusive.

My problem with downloads is that if the PSN ever gets taken offline and my PSP dies, I loose all digital games on it. I don't have this problem with discs, I can just find another PSP second hand somewhere, a console that sold that well will never be impossible to find.

Just like how if my SNES dies, all I have to do is find another one.

The other thing is once a digital game stops being sold, it's effectively gone forever. I can't go and buy Fate/Unlimited Codes from PSN since Capcom took it down due to license expiration. No matter how badly I want this game, it is now impossible to legally aquire it. Thankfully the Japanese PS2 version is easy to find still, thanks to it being a physical disc that is resellable.

Plus having a bunch of icons on my screen just isn't the same as having a shelf full of games.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm

You do realize that you could just transfer the memory card from your PSP to another PSP, right?
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:You do realize that you could just transfer the memory card from your PSP to another PSP, right?

Actually no, you cannot. All digital content is tied to the PSP that it was purchased on. You can move the memory stick to another PSP and then access the PSN and activate that PSP to be able to read the content, but that requires signing into the PSN.

In the event of PSN being shut down, there is absolutely no way to make content purchased on one system work on another.

On the PS3 it's even worse, putting the HDD in another PS3 requires it to be reformatted, erasing all content on it.

My original Xbox 1 already broke on me. My Halo 2 map packs that were on the system are gone forever, since Microsoft cut the servers to the original Xbox Live. I have absolutely no way to ever get that content back.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm

アクターレ wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:You do realize that you could just transfer the memory card from your PSP to another PSP, right?

Actually no, you cannot. All digital content is tied to the PSP that it was purchased on. You can move the memory stick to another PSP and then access the PSN and activate that PSP to be able to read the content, but that requires signing into the PSN.

In the event of PSN being shut down, there is absolutely no way to make content purchased on one system work on another.

On the PS3 it's even worse, putting the HDD in another PS3 requires it to be reformatted, erasing all content on it.

My original Xbox 1 already broke on me. My Halo 2 map packs that were on the system are gone forever, since Microsoft cut the servers to the original Xbox Live. I have absolutely no way to ever get that content back.

Umm...there are PLENTY of ways to modify a save file to work with any account. Plenty.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 am

vampko wrote:Umm...there are PLENTY of ways to modify a save file to work with any account. Plenty.

A SAVE FILE, yes. That can be modified to work on another account. A downloadable GAME cannot be. At least not without using some kind of hacked firmware.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

アクターレ wrote:
vampko wrote:Umm...there are PLENTY of ways to modify a save file to work with any account. Plenty.

A SAVE FILE, yes. That can be modified to work on another account. A downloadable GAME cannot be. At least not without using some kind of hacked firmware.

Actually, with the PSP, you don't even need hacked firmware to modify a game to be used with any account. The PSP was hacked to the point Sony can't even put out a firmware to fix it anymore. And that was quite a while ago.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:50 am

vampko wrote:Actually, with the PSP, you don't even need hacked firmware to modify a game to be used with any account. The PSP was hacked to the point Sony can't even put out a firmware to fix it anymore. And that was quite a while ago.

You still have to jump through hoops to make it work. I shouldn't ever have to illegally hack my own game to make it work on another system.

And while that is possible to do on a PSP without CFW, it is not possible on a PS3 or PS Vita.

By that logic, DRM on PC games isn't a problem because you can just crack everything. I don't want to have to crack my software just to use it the way I used to be able to back when games were sold on discs without activation codes.

This is the main reason I got out of PC gaming, actually. You don't buy PC games anymore, you buy a license to PLAY the game as long as the publisher FEELS like letting you play it.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 am

アクターレ wrote:
vampko wrote:Actually, with the PSP, you don't even need hacked firmware to modify a game to be used with any account. The PSP was hacked to the point Sony can't even put out a firmware to fix it anymore. And that was quite a while ago.

You still have to jump through hoops to make it work. I shouldn't ever have to illegally hack my own game to make it work on another system.

And while that is possible to do on a PSP without CFW, it is not possible on a PS3 or PS Vita.

By that logic, DRM on PC games isn't a problem because you can just crack everything. I don't want to have to crack my software just to use it the way I used to be able to back when games were sold on discs without activation codes.

This is the main reason I got out of PC gaming, actually. You don't buy PC games anymore, you buy a license to PLAY the game as long as the publisher FEELS like letting you play it.

Well, this is how a publisher is able to keep prices cheaper and profit, digital downloads. I'm just saying there are methods you can use.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

アクターレ wrote:Actually no, you cannot. All digital content is tied to the PSP that it was purchased on. You can move the memory stick to another PSP and then access the PSN and activate that PSP to be able to read the content, but that requires signing into the PSN.

Goodness, you have to log in? What a hassle.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

epikkhighh
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby epikkhighh » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 pm

price drop for me. im so-so with digital copies (you cant sell digital copies obviously)

アクターレ
Majin
Majin

Postby アクターレ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:12 am

Daverost wrote:
アクターレ wrote:Goodness, you have to log in? What a hassle.

You're completely missing the point.

What do you do when Sony cuts off the server? If Sony either goes under (it can happen), or decides to stop supporting the PSP, and then something goes wrong with your PSP (it will break eventually. all electronics do), you won't be able to "log in".

Bye Bye games.

You do not own digital products, you are buying a license to PLAY them for the time they are supported. With physical discs, they are essentially your's forever since they are not tied to a system.

If my N64 breaks down, all I have to do is ebay another one and all my games work fine on it.

I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 am

アクターレ wrote:I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.

CFW FTW :P

Also, my PSP's UMD drive broke long before Sony cut the service or whatever.

And finally, I rarely get the urge to go back and play games. And if I do, an emulator serves just fine. And I'm sure by the time this scenario happens computers will be able to emulate the PS3. And, as I said, the PSP's already an open book, so it's just a matter of buying another PSP.
Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:15 pm

アクターレ wrote:I think some of you guys who laugh at this are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a few years when you get the urge to replay Disgaea or something, and you find your PSP won't turn on for whatever reason, and you can't redownload the games to another console since Sony cut the service.

So... what? Like 20-25 years minimum? I'll manage.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”