Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita) ♥ Available Now!

Postby Shizuka » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Two days after the release of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc in North America and a day before its European launch, NIS America announced it’s bringing sequel Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair to PS Vita in North America and Europe via retail and digital channels this fall.

In Danganronpa 2, players take on the role of a high school student and are once again thrust into a killing game spearheaded by Monokuma. The game begins when your “super cute” teacher takes the class on a school trip to Jabberwock Island, a once popular tourist destination that’s now uninhabited. And then Monokuma shows up.

The game will feature audio in both Japanese and English.

Find a story summary and list of features below.

Story

Jabberwock Island – once a popular tourist destination, this now uninhabited island remains oddly pristine. You and your classmates at the elite Hope’s Peak Academy have been brought to this island by your super-cute teacher for a “lovey-dovey, heart-throbbing school trip.” Everyone seems to be having fun in the sun…until Monokuma returns to restart his murderous game! Trapped on this island of mutual killing, your only hope of escape rests in solving the island’s mysteries. But be warned—sometimes the truth can be its own despair…

Key Features

Deadly Island Vibes: Murder is the only means of escape when you’re trapped on this island paradise. As your fellow classmates start dropping like coconuts, you’ll need to delve into each murderous incident, forage for clues, and interview your classmates to reveal the opportunity, motive, and means behind each killer case!
Tribal Council: You’ll go head-to-head in all new minigames with the other students during the Class Trial, shooting down their false truths and using your evidence to uncover what really happened. But watch out! If a student is unconvinced, they’ll challenge you to a one-on-one Rebuttal Showdown and force you to defend your argument!

Survival of the Keenest: Match up your evidence with your fellow classmates’ arguments and determine who’s really telling the truth. Once you’ve got a suspect in your sights, turn up that tropical heat in a variety of timing- and reflex-based game systems to reveal the ultimate truth and escape with your life!

Source: Gematsu.

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: The Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Topic!

Postby ero_prince » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:25 pm

so far the only spoilers i know is 1 murderer (maybe 2) from looking at a thumnail of a youtube video and why togami is fat and like in the 1st game
Spoiler:
there's another alternate personality character

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:33 pm

I haven't looked at Chapter 2 yet, but I love Komoeda. Gundam too.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:29 pm

I think I spoiled myself with one CG from when I was looking for pictures from the first game, but it's completely out of context, so far, so good.

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ero_prince » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:11 am

so i think im gonna read the lets play cause i cant wait, please forgive me :cry:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:27 pm

I won't hold it against you, I almost felt like doing that last week.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Unfortunately when I went around looking for fanart for Dangan Ronpa after finishing the first game thinking I would be safe, however I was foolishly wrong as I saw a major spoiler for the second game :(. So just to warn people here not to do the same thing I did if you want to avoid spoilers for this one.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:26 pm

That is indeed unfortunate. The internet is filled with spoilers, luckily the most I got were out of context.

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ero_prince » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:01 pm

so today i caught up on the lets play and they added some cool stuff like counterarguments and you can support peoples claims and they made the climax comic easier to do

also, i prefer naegi more then hinata :/

ero_prince
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ero_prince » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:53 am

so i had another breakdown and watched all the murders and executions and it was really despair inducing :cry:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:49 pm

I think I'll stay away from SDR2 spoilers until NISA localizes that or there's an anime adaptation of it.

SjSharks182
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby SjSharks182 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 am

Count me in for the hype train. I've heard this game trumps the first pretty hard from a few of my friends who know Japanese.

I haven't been spoilered for the sequel yet~~
"Can I pay my rent in fun?"

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm

SjSharks182 wrote:Count me in for the hype train. I've heard this game trumps the first pretty hard from a few of my friends who know Japanese.

I've heard the same thing, but we'll also need Danganronpa Zero, to get the full picture.

PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Dangaronpa 2 is better than the first game? Is that even possible? Whoa, I hope we get it at a later date, then.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:32 am

PringlesXD wrote:Dangaronpa 2 is better than the first game? Is that even possible? Whoa, I hope we get it at a later date, then.

I don't know about the storyline itself, but I do know that the second one adds several new gameplay elements, and some additional side-gameplay stuff. Basically it sounds like there's a good bit more to do gameplay-wise, so in that sense it seems like they improved on that stuff.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”