What's your progress? (New Players)

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: What's your progress? (New Players)

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:I am pretty close to a platinum now but I am taking a little break and working on some more databases for now until I can get other new players to catch up.

Currently trying to write monster data for the 7 worlds redux.

I see thats pretty thoughtful of ya
the monster data huh like the name its stats ect ect right?

That sounds like a good idea. I've taken pictures of some of the monsters from the 7 Worlds Redux and have calculated how much exp each enemy gave but the it took like 5 hours to get how much exp the first monster gave and probably not planning on calculating exp for anything there again lol.
Spoiler:
Monster Name / Moe Affinity / Lvl / Component Stolen / EXP / Money / Points / Shampuru Count
Demon Bell / Terse / 300 / Evil Eye / 2641 / 3738 / 1067 / Laser x5
Marble Lantern / Ego / 300 / Grain Metal / 2632 / 3729 / 1066 / Riot Squad x5
Giant Enemy Crab / Bipolar / 300 / Large Pincers / 2668 / 3767 / 1069 / Work Dril x5
But I have written down what Shampuru the 7 World Redux Drops
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Nice.... that's a lot of info good job must have really taken a really long time to compile all of that
anyways i forgot to ask but are you gonna put that up on the wiki or gamefaqs or somthing?

I was planning on putting this info on as many places as I can, the Gamefaqs and the wikia wikis sound like good places to start but I'm still working on the one on wikia.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:16 am

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. I can't imagine going through ALL ranks AND routes and taking note of every single enemy there. Would probably take more than a month's work for sure.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Cool, just remember don't work your self too hard
Spoiler:
though i still gotta finish off some parts of the wiki too :lol: but i didnt think new year would be so damn demanding plus theres a game back log i gotta clear up too ....*sigh*

No worries, I definitely won't be working hard, I mainly do this for fun and I'm gonna slack off on the wiki until February.

I find places like the Mugen Field and Item World quite fascinating, one thing I want to achieve for collecting this data is not only to help out gamers but also as inspiration/ ideas for indie developers to clear some artist blocks.
greenzsaber wrote:Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. I can't imagine going through ALL ranks AND routes and taking note of every single enemy there. Would probably take more than a month's work for sure.

Really loving it though, creating a flat file database (aka Excel Spreadsheet) is simple and it makes me feel like I'm a programmer. The reward would be challenging myself to display the info as a functional art and organizing it to make things easier to find.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:12 pm

BTW if folks are working on a wiki the game''s TVTropes page could use more additions, especially entries like 'That One Achievement', 'Guide Dangit', and 'Luck-Based Mission' *wink* *wink*
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:45 pm

greenzsaber wrote:BTW if folks are working on a wiki the game''s TVTropes page could use more additions, especially entries like 'That One Achievement', 'Guide Dangit', and 'Luck-Based Mission' *wink* *wink*

Working on TVTropes doesn't sound like a good way to take a break from the wiki but I have never worked on that place before which shouldn't be a problem since the page for it already has the more difficult tropes to figure out already.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:30 am

Just started today, got up to the part where you can make Chou Chou change forms.

I need to stop starting new games. Got some others that need finishing.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Just started today, got up to the part where you can make Chou Chou change forms.

Oh nice, it's really cute and silly game but it took me a really long time to get used to because it probably has so many tutorial battles in a row and they don't go by that quick either. Most of them are unnecessary in the beginning anyways and I highly recommend using gamefaq's guide if the main reason to play the game is for the characters and story.

This game's mood is the opposite of DanganRonpa, it's mostly a cutesy comedy
Spoiler:
until after you conquer all of the worlds (halfway point) and recover Chou-Chou's memories
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:54 am

chouchou's peon wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:Just started today, got up to the part where you can make Chou Chou change forms.

Oh nice, it's really cute and silly game but it took me a really long time to get used to because it probably has so many tutorial battles in a row and they don't go by that quick either. Most of them are unnecessary in the beginning anyways and I highly recommend using gamefaq's guide if the main reason to play the game is for the characters and story.

This game's mood is the opposite of DanganRonpa, it's mostly a cutesy comedy
Spoiler:
until after you conquer all of the worlds (halfway point) and recover Chou-Chou's memories

I was getting fed up with the tutorials so I was just mashing X.
I end up picking things up myself anyway, Those Moe Finishes I need to get the hang of though since I end up just choosing whatever.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:I was getting fed up with the tutorials so I was just mashing X.
I end up picking things up myself anyway, Those Moe Finishes I need to get the hang of though since I end up just choosing whatever.

Picking things up is the way to go, too many tutorials at the beginning but luckily Mugen Souls Z tutorials are quick, most are just text tutorials.

The Moe Kill mechanic is mostly random, I don't think they even want you to do Moe Kill at the beginning since they only allow you to change forms once in battle in the beginning.

Farming Shampurus is the most important thing. The bazooka gives long range, it's the best weapon to moe kill with, getting a frenzy is better beating them regularly since it gives 3x the shamps.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:43 pm

1. Rapid Moe Kill when battle starts
2. Skill that hits the whole battlefield (or at least every enemy there, ideally w/ Steal)
3. Profit

Very quick, very easy. o wo b

Although I should note that in both games, when it comes to the Mugen Field, it's best to take it slow and do everything you can to maximize bonuses. Considering how much they stack, it's ultimately MUCH faster to do that.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Tvtropes....this is the first ive heard of it
oh wait sorry breaking topic again heh heh

That was the topic before the tips we gave out. Hopefully Alice Twilight has already read them.

TV Tropes was probably made for Mugen Souls because it's a game that tries to make the tropes obvious.
Spoiler:
Maybe that's just NISA games in general.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Spoiler:
According to a page on TV Tropes it was originally created for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
PSN: YuriFan9999

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:33 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:
Spoiler:
According to a page on TV Tropes it was originally created for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Spoiler:
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Connected a continent with another continent and now I read the Princesses diary which activated my Yuri goggles.

Return to “Mugen Souls”