Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Official forum of this turn-based RPG for the PS3
The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Greetings, future Fencers!

Please keep all general discussion related to Fairy Fencer F in this thread.

Also, FIRST! :lol:
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Fairy Fencer F - General Discussion Thread

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Dood! I've got a question for you: How familiar are you with the man who wrote this game and his works?

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Yoshitaka Amano and Nobuo Uematsu are usually names associated with Square Enix (when they collaborate on the same project), so I was surprised to see this is from Compile Heart. This will be most interesting indeed. :mrgreen:

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Seventh wrote:Dood! I've got a question for you: How familiar are you with the man who wrote this game and his works?

I'm pretty familiar with his works. Mr. Inoue has been involved in a lot of the anime that influenced me growing up.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:22 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:
Seventh wrote:Dood! I've got a question for you: How familiar are you with the man who wrote this game and his works?

I'm pretty familiar with his works. Mr. Inoue has been involved in a lot of the anime that influenced me growing up.

Well hot dog! How about his work in tokusatsu?

As I understand there's some references/homages in the game and I'm wondering how likely it is we'll see those brought over. Among other things.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Can I just get this question out of the way? Is this game even remotely similar to HDN? I kinda don't dig the whole silly story thing, but hey that's just me.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 pm

Seventh wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:

Well hot dog! How about his work in tokusatsu?

As I understand there's some references/homages in the game and I'm wondering how likely it is we'll see those brought over. Among other things.

I'm not as familiar with his tokusatsu work, unfortunately. However, the translator I've been paired with is pretty well-versed. She's quite good at identifying references like that for me, and from there I'll research them on my own and incorporate them in the localized product accordingly.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 pm

BlancnOut wrote:Can I just get this question out of the way? Is this game even remotely similar to HDN? I kinda don't dig the whole silly story thing, but hey that's just me.

The gameplay is similar to HDN with some slight tweaks. As far as the story is concerned, it's nothing like HDN. Which isn't to say that the game doesn't have its silly moments at times, but it's very much a fantasy JRPG.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:31 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:I'm not as familiar with his tokusatsu work, unfortunately. However, the translator I've been paired with is pretty well-versed. She's quite good at identifying references like that for me, and from there I'll research them on my own and incorporate them in the localized product accordingly.

Interesting! I'll look forward to that then.

(As a side note, while his later stuff is sort of... infamously terrible, if you check out stuff he worked on pre-2005, you're in for a treat.)

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 pm

The_Dood_Abides wrote:
BlancnOut wrote:Can I just get this question out of the way? Is this game even remotely similar to HDN? I kinda don't dig the whole silly story thing, but hey that's just me.

The gameplay is similar to HDN with some slight tweaks. As far as the story is concerned, it's nothing like HDN. Which isn't to say that the game doesn't have its silly moments at times, but it's very much a fantasy JRPG.

Good to know!

That was my biggest gripe with HDN, I liked the combat in Victory and while I did enjoy the humor in the game, I could never take anything seriously. If the story doesn't make me feel like I should care, I don't generally enjoy the game. Killzone is my shining example of this, I like the gunplay and effects in the game, but the story is rubbish.
wrote: What? Someone gave you constructive criticism on your half assed work? HOW DARE THEY!

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkMdgaM8Ow

(From official CompileHeart YT channel)

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 pm

To be fair, I think the whole idea behind Victory was that you weren't supposed to take it seriously in the first place.

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Discoceris wrote:Yoshitaka Amano and Nobuo Uematsu are usually names associated with Square Enix (when they collaborate on the same project), so I was surprised to see this is from Compile Heart.

I've always felt that a game's music can help to make or break said game, so you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I first learned that Uematsu was involved. And after hearing some of the games track's, I was not disappointed.

Practically everything that I discovered about this game only increased my anticipation for its eventual release. It really seems to have a lot going for it, so I really look forward to its localization.

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:37 pm

I really think FFF can hit the mainstream market a lot harder than any other CH title out there. I wonder if we are going to see a similar budget in line with the HDN games though.

BlancnOut
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby BlancnOut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Seventh wrote:To be fair, I think the whole idea behind Victory was that you weren't supposed to take it seriously in the first place.

My liking for the game is contradictory, so sue me. It's a like and dislike relationship lol

Return to “Fairy Fencer F”