*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

Postby Mirai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:55 pm

We don't have one yet so why not?

Warning Leave at once if you have yet to finish DR1!!!!!

If people are wondering what is Dangan Ronpa Zero? well here's some brief info on it put together by a fan:

Spoiler:
First of all, what IS Dangan Ronpa Zero?

It’s a canon light-novel for the Dangan Ronpa series — It’s a prequel to the events in Dangan Ronpa 1 and Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

For starters, this basically means that it explains what happened in Hope’s Peak Academy and the why and how of ‘The World’s Most Despair Inducing Incident.’ and other events.

It have two complete volumes.

It is recommended reading DR0 before playing DR1?

No, it is not. Why? Because the entire plot of DR0 is a big spoiler for the events in DR1, and they made the novel in order to ‘tie the loose ends’ of the game and explain the motives about the Mutual Killing.

What about SDR2? I need to read/play it before DR0?

Regarding SDR2, it would be recommended to read DR0 BEFORE playing or reading SDR2, but is not necessary. That’s because in SDR2 they explain a lot of things that remains unknown in DR0, like the identity of someone in particular, and some other things.

You should follow the series in this way, it’s really recommendable.

Dangan Ronpa > Dangan Ronpa Zero > Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

There is currently a translated version of the light novel but I will not be posting the link here, you can either search for it yourself or if you kindly ask I can PM users the links.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa Zero Discussion Thread

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:05 pm

I also think, actually I'm a big fan of Matsuda.

Spoiler:
And also, it's just in DR Zero that we can see the true Ikusaba Mukuro (DR IF it's not written by Kodaka so...)

puellako
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby puellako » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:44 pm

I agree, Matsuda was really interesting (a definitely a favorite of mine). I really wish he could have made it into one of the games
Spoiler:
but of course with him being dead and all now... I wonder if they'll ever mention Ryouko in one of the future games.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Ryuuki wrote:I also think, actually I'm a big fan of Matsuda.

Spoiler:
And also, it's just in DR Zero that we can see the true Ikusaba Mukuro (DR IF it's not written by Kodaka so...)

Yep DF IF was written by Durarara's author from what I remember.

puellako wrote:I agree, Matsuda was really interesting (a definitely a favorite of mine). I really wish he could have made it into one of the games
Spoiler:
but of course with him being dead and all now... I wonder if they'll ever mention Ryouko in one of the future games.

Well...
Major DR0 Spoilers
Spoiler:
Considering Ryouko is just a persona created by Junko when she was amnesic I doubt she will be mentioned in any other DR material. Junko on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if she comes in again as she's the main antagonist of the series afterall.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:36 pm

puellako wrote:I agree, Matsuda was really interesting (a definitely a favorite of mine). I really wish he could have made it into one of the games
Spoiler:

We don't know...

Major DR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
Well, thanks to New World Program Junko was still life and since Kodakawa always surprises us nothing it's impossible... Actually, I'm rooting for this to happen

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

I read and finished the translation of the first book. I'm on chapter 4 of the second book,
everything so far is just amazing. i'll probably finish reading on monday.
Meteor Breaker!

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:58 am

Sumner wrote:I read and finished the translation of the first book. I'm on chapter 4 of the second book,
everything so far is just amazing. i'll probably finish reading on monday.

Good to see you're enjoying it, things are only going to get more gruesome in the second book so prepare yourself :twisted:

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:As the image is too large I'll put just the link but for me this is the Best EVER

DR 0 Spoiler

Truthfully...
DR0 Major Spoiler
Spoiler:
Junko can be paired up with anyone and generally its one sided as even with Matsuda, whilst she did have some romantic feelings for him, she only did, so she could experience the despair of killing a loved one (boyfriend) with her own hands.

Even so...
DR 0 Spoils
Spoiler:
Even so her feelings for him were true, even though she fed her love for him just to feel the despair of losing all, he really was the most important thing for her. With his death her could experience true despair. Actually, his death was the birth of Monokuma and the Junko that don't have hope in her life. It was because this that she could experience each moment of despair her death in the first game. Even though she has been born this way his death was the beginning of all.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Ryuuki wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:As the image is too large I'll put just the link but for me this is the Best EVER

DR 0 Spoiler

Truthfully...
DR0 Major Spoiler
Spoiler:
Junko can be paired up with anyone and generally its one sided as even with Matsuda, whilst she did have some romantic feelings for him, she only did, so she could experience the despair of killing a loved one (boyfriend) with her own hands.

Even so...
DR 0 Spoils
Spoiler:
Even so her feelings for him were true, even though she fed her love for him just to feel the despair of losing all, he really was the most important thing for her. With his death her could experience true despair. Actually, his death was the birth of Monokuma and the Junko that don't have hope in her life. It was because this that she could experience each moment of despair her death in the first game. Even though she has been born this way his death was the beginning of all.

Hmm...
DR0 Major Spoilers

Spoiler:
I'm not entirely sure if his death was the start of it all, for all we know she could of done something similar to her parents but that's going into mere speculation there. The most important thing to Junko and what she truly loves is despair. That isn't to say she can't have feelings towards other people in fact she does to an extent love Matsuda but her portrayal of love is different compared to everyone else. The more she "cares" about someone the more she wants to put them into despair herself. Its why the DR1 class lived and went through a school life of mutual killing because she knows about them more than others and she wants to show them how wonderful despair is.
Overall you are correct in that Matsuda was the most important person to her as she even says it herself, however as I said earlier she was still using him and their relationship to experience a new form of despair as that is far more important to her. For me DR0 shows that Junko isn't 100% evil but it does show me that the DR1 final trial was by no means an act and she truly is a twisted, manipulative and intelligent person.

That's quite a bit I've said there but considering she's my favourite character in the DR series its not surprising as despite how often she has appeared (I'm including Monokuma as they are the same) there is still alot of mystery surronding her, which is why I hope she makes another appearance in DR3.

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:
Mirai wrote:

DR 0 Spoiler

Truthfully...
DR0 Major Spoiler
Spoiler:

Even so...
DR 0 Spoils
Spoiler:

Hmm...
DR0 Major Spoilers

Spoiler:
I'm not entirely sure if his death was the start of it all, for all we know she could of done something similar to her parents but that's going into mere speculation there. The most important thing to Junko and what she truly loves is despair. That isn't to say she can't have feelings towards other people in fact she does to an extent love Matsuda but her portrayal of love is different compared to everyone else. The more she "cares" about someone the more she wants to put them into despair herself. Its why the DR1 class lived and went through a school life of mutual killing because she knows about them more than others and she wants to show them how wonderful despair is.
Overall you are correct in that Matsuda was the most important person to her as she even says it herself, however as I said earlier she was still using him and their relationship to experience a new form of despair as that is far more important to her. For me DR0 shows that Junko isn't 100% evil but it does show me that the DR1 final trial was by no means an act and she truly is a twisted, manipulative and intelligent person.

That's quite a bit I've said there but considering she's my favourite character in the DR series its not surprising as despite how often she has appeared (I'm including Monokuma as they are the same) there is still alot of mystery surronding her, which is why I hope she makes another appearance in DR3.

But...
DR 0 Spoilers
Spoiler:
I believe that it's the beginning. After all, the tittle isn't Danganronpa Zero for nothing. You said that Junko simply used Matsuda for feel the ultimate dispair. This is true but it's not all. She didn't picked him purposely, their love was originally true and it was precisely because this that she can take advantage of that and experience the ultimate despair and not otherwise. It's thanks to his death that she can to become an existence that is nothing but despair, in other words the villain of Danganronpa. After crushing the last drop of hope that remained in her life with her own hands the epic Enoshima Junko that we all know born. The Junko that we know who doesn't care about life or death, win or lose and just want despair only exists because Matsuda that was her last hope is dead. Proof of this was when she cried, yelled, kicked with all her forces and wished to die when he died. This dispair it's worse than the dispair that she felt in her own death in the first game.

And of course that Junko has to appear in DR3, Monokuma isn't Monokuma without Junko.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Ryuuki wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:
Mirai wrote:

DR 0 Spoiler

Truthfully...
DR0 Major Spoiler
Spoiler:

Even so...
DR 0 Spoils
Spoiler:

Hmm...
DR0 Major Spoilers

Spoiler:

But...
DR 0 Spoilers
Spoiler:
I believe that it's the beginning. After all, the tittle isn't Danganronpa Zero for nothing. You said that Junko simply used Matsuda for feel the ultimate dispair. This is true but it's not all. She didn't picked him purposely, their love was originally true and it was precisely because this that she can take advantage of that and experience the ultimate despair and not otherwise. It's thanks to his death that she can to become an existence that is nothing but despair, in other words the villain of Danganronpa. After crushing the last drop of hope that remained in her life with her own hands the epic Enoshima Junko that we all know born. The Junko that we know who doesn't care about life or death, win or lose and just want despair only exists because Matsuda that was her last hope is dead. Proof of this was when she cried, yelled, kicked with all her forces and wished to die when he died. This dispair it's worse than the dispair that she felt in her own death in the first game.

And of course that Junko has to appear in DR3, Monokuma isn't Monokuma without Junko.

Well...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:
I can't completly agree on her having no hope left after killing him because just as the light novel ends she states on how she despises the fact that she was hoping her plan to bring the world to despair would succeed and we know Junko detests hope more than anyone. I believe she did not commit suicide then because she still had yet to finish her plan which would show her more despair than anything she's seen before, but that in itself is hope. Her crying wasn't completly sadness it was a mixed emotion of being ecstatic, depressed and angry all at the same time. Killing Matsuda for Junko was like setting herself free and by doing so she would no longer hold back on anything she does.

I'm glad you also want Junko to re-appear although its hard to say how she will.

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Well...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:
I can't completly agree on her having no hope left after killing him because just as the light novel ends she states on how she despises the fact that she was hoping her plan to bring the world to despair would succeed and we know Junko detests hope more than anyone. I believe she did not commit suicide then because she still had yet to finish her plan which would show her more despair than anything she's seen before, but that in itself is hope. Her crying wasn't completly sadness it was a mixed emotion of being ecstatic, depressed and angry all at the same time. Killing Matsuda for Junko was like setting herself free and by doing so she would no longer hold back on anything she does.

I'm glad you also want Junko to re-appear although its hard to say how she will.

Yeah
DR 0 Spoliers
Spoiler:
Yeah, her tears wasn't just sadness but a mixture of various emotions. But the Matsuda's death freed her. The dispair than her feel it was the worse of all and consequently the best of all, this dispair broke her, and this was her goal. Now that she don't have more reasons to live she can be Ultimate Despair and Monokuma the Ultimate villain.

Even so I wanted to know many other things, like how Junko corrupted the others students and more about the Class 78 I hope to see more about their past in Another Episode, just this isn't enough.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:10 am

Ryuuki wrote:
Well...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:

Yeah
DR 0 Spoliers
Spoiler:
Yeah, her tears wasn't just sadness but a mixture of various emotions. But the Matsuda's death freed her. The dispair than her feel it was the worse of all and consequently the best of all, this dispair broke her, and this was her goal. Now that she don't have more reasons to live she can be Ultimate Despair and Monokuma the Ultimate villain.

Even so I wanted to know many other things, like how Junko corrupted the others students and more about the Class 78 I hope to see more about their past in Another Episode, just this isn't enough.

I see...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:
However she was already Ultimate Despair before killing him, as the reason she joined Hope's Peak was to use it as a foothold to bring the world into despair. Matsuda was really the last obstacle for her as despite being with Junko all this time from his point of view he only loved her because he had no one else to turn to at the time but he also hated her obession with despair. Which is why he used this opportunity when she became Ryouko to keep her that way. Unfortunately for him Junko had already predicted he would do something like that, which is why I think she didn't just kill him for despair she also did it because he was getting in the way of her plan. And that's where I think her anger comes in at his death, she was annoyed at him for trying to stop her from witnessing more despair and for not understanding her. Its just like that with Mukuro she says she understands Junko when she doesn't. Mukuro just wanted to make her sister happy but she never knew what truly made her happy as her being an obedient wolf following whatever her master tells her to do is the opposite of what Junko wanted from her, its why she keeps saying how disappointing and boring she is.

In Another Episode, I would like to see how certain characters were like in SHSL Despair as it would give us more of an idea on how much Junko influenced them and speaking of AE there is a rumor going around the fandom that:
Komaru Naegi is either Junko or is connected to her in some way.

Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ryuuki » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 am

Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:
Well...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:

Yeah
DR 0 Spoliers
Spoiler:

I see...
DR0 Major Spoilers
Spoiler:
However she was already Ultimate Despair before killing him, as the reason she joined Hope's Peak was to use it as a foothold to bring the world into despair. Matsuda was really the last obstacle for her as despite being with Junko all this time from his point of view he only loved her because he had no one else to turn to at the time but he also hated her obession with despair. Which is why he used this opportunity when she became Ryouko to keep her that way. Unfortunately for him Junko had already predicted he would do something like that, which is why I think she didn't just kill him for despair she also did it because he was getting in the way of her plan. And that's where I think her anger comes in at his death, she was annoyed at him for trying to stop her from witnessing more despair and for not understanding her. Its just like that with Mukuro she says she understands Junko when she doesn't. Mukuro just wanted to make her sister happy but she never knew what truly made her happy as her being an obedient wolf following whatever her master tells her to do is the opposite of what Junko wanted from her, its why she keeps saying how disappointing and boring she is.

In Another Episode, I would like to see how certain characters were like in SHSL Despair as it would give us more of an idea on how much Junko influenced them and speaking of AE there is a rumor going around the fandom that:
Komaru Naegi is either Junko or is connected to her in some way.

DR 0 Spoiler
Spoiler:
She was Despair since the born but the fact that when she lost all her memories the only thing remains it was just her feelings for Matuda prove that it was true and is that why she needed overcome this last obstacle. She can't be the real ultimate Despair while he was still alive.

This theory it's just impossible, it's just a pose man.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:19 am

Ryuuki wrote:DR 0 Spoiler
Spoiler:
She was Despair since the born but the fact that when she lost all her memories the only thing remains it was just her feelings for Matuda prove that it was true and is that why she needed overcome this last obstacle. She can't be the real ultimate Despair while he was still alive.

This theory it's just impossible, it's just a pose man.

DR0 Major Spoilers

Spoiler:
Can't disagree on this as its a fact Junko has genuine feelings towards Matsuda.

I wouldn't say its completly impossible especially after I read This Guys's opinion On the matter. I agree with what he had to say about this so my opinion on this matter is in that link.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”