*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Why are we spoiler tagging in a spoiler thread?

Isn't up to the user to enter this thread at their own risk?

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:Why are we spoiler tagging in a spoiler thread?

Isn't up to the user to enter this thread at their own risk?


Because it is the general spoiler thread, therefore its the place where people who have seen parts or have played the game can discuss about events in SDR2. Some people would only have played up to a certain point and because of that I have tagged my spoilers so only those who have played SDR2 should read the spoiler.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Avebone
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Avebone » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Mirai wrote:
Avebone wrote:
lopez wrote:Dangan 2 Spoilers?
Spoiler:
So, is it safe to assume she's not really "dead" after the classroom punishment?

Spoiler:
Nope she is totally dead.


Spoiler:
We don't know for certain if she is.

If you want to talk about this further we'll need to go to SDR2 thread.

It should be fine if I continue it here:

Major SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
The reason why I say this is because If Junko really did die in the detention punishment then Spike Chunsoft would of created a plot hole because it would not be possible for the SDR2 cast to retrieve her body parts it was crushed and literally become a 'bloody mess'.


Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.


Spoiler:
With Junko's death for me there can only be one of four things:
1. This is a plothole therefore a mistake on Spike Chunsoft's part.
2. Junko was crushed and killed in her execution but the body parts come from a different body (Mukuro).
3. Junko was never killed in her execution and is still alive. (body parts are from Mukuro)
4. The Junko that was killed was just a clone of her. (Okay this one is pretty far-fetched and I only really thought of this one because of "everyone becomes Junko" plan.)

At the moment though its more likely that she is dead but this might be changed in DR3.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby lopez » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Mirai wrote:
Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.


Spoiler:
With Junko's death for me there can only be one of four things:
1. This is a plothole therefore a mistake on Spike Chunsoft's part.
2. Junko was crushed and killed in her execution but the body parts come from a different body (Mukuro).
3. Junko was never killed in her execution and is still alive. (body parts are from Mukuro)
4. The Junko that was killed was just a clone of her. (Okay this one is pretty far-fetched and I only really thought of this one because of "everyone becomes Junko" plan.)

At the moment though its more likely that she is dead but this might be changed in DR3.


Spoiler:
What about the possibility of her falling through the garbage chute?
The Dangan series seems to be about Junko and how she manipulates people and causes despair, so I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) did something to "bring her back" in the next new title.

Actually, I'd love the possibility about using Mukuro's body parts. That would be the epitome of true despair. It'd also show that Junko is beyond "saving" and that everything, even her twin sister, is expendable in achieving her goal :D
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Mirai » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 pm

lopez wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.


Spoiler:
With Junko's death for me there can only be one of four things:
1. This is a plothole therefore a mistake on Spike Chunsoft's part.
2. Junko was crushed and killed in her execution but the body parts come from a different body (Mukuro).
3. Junko was never killed in her execution and is still alive. (body parts are from Mukuro)
4. The Junko that was killed was just a clone of her. (Okay this one is pretty far-fetched and I only really thought of this one because of "everyone becomes Junko" plan.)

At the moment though its more likely that she is dead but this might be changed in DR3.


Spoiler:
What about the possibility of her falling through the garbage chute?
The Dangan series seems to be about Junko and how she manipulates people and causes despair, so I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) did something to "bring her back" in the next new title.

Actually, I'd love the possibility about using Mukuro's body parts. That would be the epitome of true despair. It'd also show that Junko is beyond "saving" and that everything, even her twin sister, is expendable in achieving her goal :D


Spoiler:
That is definitely a possibility as she could of done the same thing as Naegi and the blood shown in the execution, could of been from one of the blood transfusion packs in the nurse's room that was hidden inside the Monokuma she was holding.

For me Dangan Ronpa wouldn't be Dangan Ronpa if Junko/Monokuma weren't around as she is the main antagonist and "mascot" of the series, so I'm sure Junko will reappear again in some way in the next game.

Junko has already screwed around with Mukuro's body enough as it is in DR1 so I wouldn't be surprised if it was her body parts that were used instead. Considering all Junko really cares about is despair and she's been like this most if not all her life, I would say she is beyond "redemption".
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Avebone
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Avebone » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Mirai wrote:
lopez wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.


Spoiler:
With Junko's death for me there can only be one of four things:
1. This is a plothole therefore a mistake on Spike Chunsoft's part.
2. Junko was crushed and killed in her execution but the body parts come from a different body (Mukuro).
3. Junko was never killed in her execution and is still alive. (body parts are from Mukuro)
4. The Junko that was killed was just a clone of her. (Okay this one is pretty far-fetched and I only really thought of this one because of "everyone becomes Junko" plan.)

At the moment though its more likely that she is dead but this might be changed in DR3.


Spoiler:
What about the possibility of her falling through the garbage chute?
The Dangan series seems to be about Junko and how she manipulates people and causes despair, so I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) did something to "bring her back" in the next new title.

Actually, I'd love the possibility about using Mukuro's body parts. That would be the epitome of true despair. It'd also show that Junko is beyond "saving" and that everything, even her twin sister, is expendable in achieving her goal :D


Spoiler:
That is definitely a possibility as she could of done the same thing as Naegi and the blood shown in the execution, could of been from one of the blood transfusion packs in the nurse's room that was hidden inside the Monokuma she was holding.

For me Dangan Ronpa wouldn't be Dangan Ronpa if Junko/Monokuma weren't around as she is the main antagonist and "mascot" of the series, so I'm sure Junko will reappear again in some way in the next game.

Junko has already screwed around with Mukuro's body enough as it is in DR1 so I wouldn't be surprised if it was her body parts that were used instead. Considering all Junko really cares about is despair and she's been like this most if not all her life, I would say she is beyond "redemption".


Spoiler:
I don't know I would prefer her dead honestly. I like what they did in DR2 where she had plans to continue despair even after her death. Like I do agree she is really the staple of DR and not having her wouldn't be the same but I don't think she needs to be alive to continue causing despair. I am hoping it continues on like in DR2 where she has even more set up if the plan in DR2 were too also fail or something along those lines. Just to show how much she planned ahead to cause despair for everyone.

User avatar
Peace Sells
Vassal
Vassal
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:07 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Peace Sells » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Mirai wrote:
lopez wrote:
Mirai wrote:
Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I mean it is possible, and yeah if they wanted to fix that I guess they could say that they took Mukuro's body parts instead or something and Junko is still alive, but as far as I am concerned until DR 3 says otherwise she be dead to me... If she is still alive it wouldn't surprise me in the least though.


Spoiler:
With Junko's death for me there can only be one of four things:
1. This is a plothole therefore a mistake on Spike Chunsoft's part.
2. Junko was crushed and killed in her execution but the body parts come from a different body (Mukuro).
3. Junko was never killed in her execution and is still alive. (body parts are from Mukuro)
4. The Junko that was killed was just a clone of her. (Okay this one is pretty far-fetched and I only really thought of this one because of "everyone becomes Junko" plan.)

At the moment though its more likely that she is dead but this might be changed in DR3.


Spoiler:
What about the possibility of her falling through the garbage chute?
The Dangan series seems to be about Junko and how she manipulates people and causes despair, so I wouldn't be surprised if the writer(s) did something to "bring her back" in the next new title.

Actually, I'd love the possibility about using Mukuro's body parts. That would be the epitome of true despair. It'd also show that Junko is beyond "saving" and that everything, even her twin sister, is expendable in achieving her goal :D


Spoiler:
That is definitely a possibility as she could of done the same thing as Naegi and the blood shown in the execution, could of been from one of the blood transfusion packs in the nurse's room that was hidden inside the Monokuma she was holding.

For me Dangan Ronpa wouldn't be Dangan Ronpa if Junko/Monokuma weren't around as she is the main antagonist and "mascot" of the series, so I'm sure Junko will reappear again in some way in the next game.

Junko has already screwed around with Mukuro's body enough as it is in DR1 so I wouldn't be surprised if it was her body parts that were used instead. Considering all Junko really cares about is despair and she's been like this most if not all her life, I would say she is beyond "redemption".



Spoiler:
I really don't think the body parts were from Mukuro because

- I don't have any evidence but I'm pretty sure Mukuro was in the shadow of Junko's charisma, and I'm positive Mukuro never was anything more than a fellow SHSL Despair to them, she was more like an equal rather than a superior. They saw Junko as their leader, they may have had an even cult-type relationship with her, while Mukuro was nothing special to them. I'm positive they would have been able to tell the differences between Junko and Mukuro, even if it was just a body part.
- the guy who took Junko's eye, it couldn't be Mukuro's because the upper part of her body explosed beyond recognition. The eye must have burnt to ashes.
- same with the uterus, according to the picture of Mukuro's burnt corpse, it looks like her stomach and lower abdomen were seriously damaged and even more.

To me the body parts are definitely from Junko, but I agree that it's a plothole considering what we know about how Junko died...

User avatar
Lago
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Lago » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:10 pm

The only things that I didn't really like in DR2 were

Endgame spoilers
Spoiler:
The fact that Souda survives. Not so much because I hated him, although he was my least favorite character of the 16. But more so because he just didn't feel like he belonged there. Everyone else among the survivors lost someone close to them by the end of the game. Hinata had lost both Nanami and to a lesser extent Komaeda. Kuzuryuu had lost Pekoyama. Owari had lost Nidai. Sonia lost Tanaka. Souda lost... no one really, unless you count Komaeda near the end. He never really did anything all that interesting, and basically just served as DR2's equivalent of Hagakure.

I really think they should have traded him out for Saionji. Originally, in Chapter 3 Kuzuryuu and Mioda were going to be the victims, but they didn't want to make Peko's sacrifice in Chapter 2 to seem worthless. So they switched Kuzuryuu out with Saionji, who was meant to live to the end. Because of this, she dies in the middle of her character development. I think it would have been better if they just killed off Souda there and let Saionji be one of the survivors. She would have added a lot more to the story and her character than Souda did to his own.


And also

Chapter 4 spoilers
Spoiler:
I disliked how they handled Nidai's place in the story. I really like Nidai, he is one of my personal favorites. I actually connected with him a lot because of his backstory, but in the story his character arc just felt out of place. I don't mind him sacrificing himself to save Owari, but what I didn't like was that they brought him back only to kill him again in the same chapter. And the whole robot thing was a little too silly. Not to mention, they go and take the character development that Owari could have had from Nidai sacrificing himself for her and throw it out the window by having her try to attack Monokuma again and having him come to save her again.


But those were the only things that ever really bugged me about the game.

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Mirai » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Avebone wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't know I would prefer her dead honestly. I like what they did in DR2 where she had plans to continue despair even after her death. Like I do agree she is really the staple of DR and not having her wouldn't be the same but I don't think she needs to be alive to continue causing despair. I am hoping it continues on like in DR2 where she has even more set up if the plan in DR2 were too also fail or something along those lines. Just to show how much she planned ahead to cause despair for everyone.


Spoiler:
Personally I would prefer it if she was alive and just faked her death to bring despair to her fellow SHSL Despair members over her death but that seems unlikely. Although I don't mind what they did in SDR2 and I wouldn't mind them doing something similar again like the recent rumours of Komaru Naegi being connected to Junko in some way. As long as Junko appears again in some way or another, I don't really mind. I just think it would kind of suck if Junko had absolutely nothing to do with DR3.


Peace Sells wrote:
Spoiler:
I really don't think the body parts were from Mukuro because

- I don't have any evidence but I'm pretty sure Mukuro was in the shadow of Junko's charisma, and I'm positive Mukuro never was anything more than a fellow SHSL Despair to them, she was more like an equal rather than a superior. They saw Junko as their leader, they may have had an even cult-type relationship with her, while Mukuro was nothing special to them. I'm positive they would have been able to tell the differences between Junko and Mukuro, even if it was just a body part.
- the guy who took Junko's eye, it couldn't be Mukuro's because the upper part of her body explosed beyond recognition. The eye must have burnt to ashes.
- same with the uterus, according to the picture of Mukuro's burnt corpse, it looks like her stomach and lower abdomen were seriously damaged and even more.

To me the body parts are definitely from Junko, but I agree that it's a plothole considering what we know about how Junko died...


Spoiler:
I think all of them would consider Junko their superior, even Mukuro would, so I think you're right on that one.
Yes you do have a point there one of the SHSL Despair members took one of her eyes and Mukuro's face and upper torso are completely burnt, so it would be very difficult to implant a burnt eye into your own.
Actually with her uterus I think it would of been possible as I think only her upper torso was burnt, the lower half was fine.
In regards to the body differences I would disagree, after Mukuro's face and upper body being burnt to a crisp, it would be very hard to tell the differences between the two of them now, as they are twins and the few differences they did have would be near impossible to tell now.
That still does leave the problem with the eye though but honestly I would consider it less of a plot hole if they confirmed it was actually Mukuro's body parts they used rather than Junko's because if Junko did die in her execution then there's no way they could of gotten her body parts and to me that's more of a plot hole than using Mukuro's body.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
SuperNipah
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:26 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby SuperNipah » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Spoiler:
With regards to Junko, I think she's dead, without question. As for her body, from the description I took it as meaning that the Ultimate Despair members just salvaged what was left of her smushed corpse. While it's safe to assume most of it was pulp, I guess certain parts must have been more intact than others (like her hand, for instance).

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Alice Twilight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 am

Ending spoilers in the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePrsAfaDY4A
What do you think of these voices?

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Mirai » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 am

SuperNipah wrote:
Spoiler:
With regards to Junko, I think she's dead, without question. As for her body, from the description I took it as meaning that the Ultimate Despair members just salvaged what was left of her smushed corpse. While it's safe to assume most of it was pulp, I guess certain parts must have been more intact than others (like her hand, for instance).


Spoiler:
The point is that if she was killed in detention, her body would be so mushed up it would not be possible to retrieve her body parts in fine condition, just look at this picture from SDR2 below:
Image

As you can see her hand is completely intact, there's no scars, wounds or anything. That's just not possible if she was squashed in detention and her hand wouldn't conveniently fly away before it was squashed either. Unless this issue becomes some sort of twist in a future release, this is a plot-hole on Spike Chunsoft's part.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 am

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Ryuuki » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Mirai wrote:
SuperNipah wrote:
Spoiler:
With regards to Junko, I think she's dead, without question. As for her body, from the description I took it as meaning that the Ultimate Despair members just salvaged what was left of her smushed corpse. While it's safe to assume most of it was pulp, I guess certain parts must have been more intact than others (like her hand, for instance).


Spoiler:
The point is that if she was killed in detention, her body would be so mushed up it would not be possible to retrieve her body parts in fine condition, just look at this picture from SDR2 below:
Image

As you can see her hand is completely intact, there's no scars, wounds or anything. That's just not possible if she was squashed in detention and her hand wouldn't conveniently fly away before it was squashed either. Unless this issue becomes some sort of twist in a future release, this is a plot-hole on Spike Chunsoft's part.


Spoiler:
Maybe some Ultimate (despair) Legist have fixed her body.

User avatar
Lago
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Lago » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Mirai wrote:
SuperNipah wrote:
Spoiler:
With regards to Junko, I think she's dead, without question. As for her body, from the description I took it as meaning that the Ultimate Despair members just salvaged what was left of her smushed corpse. While it's safe to assume most of it was pulp, I guess certain parts must have been more intact than others (like her hand, for instance).


Spoiler:
The point is that if she was killed in detention, her body would be so mushed up it would not be possible to retrieve her body parts in fine condition, just look at this picture from SDR2 below:
Image

As you can see her hand is completely intact, there's no scars, wounds or anything. That's just not possible if she was squashed in detention and her hand wouldn't conveniently fly away before it was squashed either. Unless this issue becomes some sort of twist in a future release, this is a plot-hole on Spike Chunsoft's part.


Spoiler:
Not really sure why you're focusing on this so much when she also got shot with hundreds of baseballs, got electrocuted in the motorcycle cage, got crush by a fire truck, got pummeled by a dozing machine, and came crashing down from high up in the sky in a rocket all without apparently suffering a scratch.


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests