Mugen Souls (PS3)

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls (PS3)

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Only two endings, a normal one and a true one, no bad endings in this one but the True Ending takes a long time to get.

Is that so? Well I'll be sure to get everything before I attempt to get the True Ending. After all, I literally want to leave no loose ends when I want 100% in a game.

Again, your help is greatly appreciated. :D

@Leon - If it's as time consuming as you say it is, then it'll give me more reason to look forward to it :twisted:

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:09 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:Only two endings, a normal one and a true one, no bad endings in this one but the True Ending takes a long time to get.

Is that so? Well I'll be sure to get everything before I attempt to get the True Ending. After all, I literally want to leave no loose ends when I want 100% in a game.

Again, your help is greatly appreciated. :D

@Leon - If it's as time consuming as you say it is, then it'll give me more reason to look forward to it :twisted:

It's time consuming if you do it all in one playthrough, two playthroughs will make it less tedious.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:10 pm

How so?

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:It's time consuming if you do it all in one playthrough, two playthroughs will make it less tedious.

I don't want to do it in two playthroughs though. Not unless of course, there's no post-game and I'm forced to do a NG+

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:16 pm

I do believe there are some post game stuff, ask Double C about that.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:21 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:It's time consuming if you do it all in one playthrough, two playthroughs will make it less tedious.

I don't want to do it in two playthroughs though. Not unless of course, there's no post-game and I'm forced to do a NG+

There is a system in the game where you have to collect these critters called Shampuru (you've probably seen them in HDN V) to increase your charm level. Story Mode battles drop the best Shampuru which increase your charm level the fastest so an extra NG+ will break up the monotony of grinding in one spot. Also if you're going for a plat (which Leon isn't), the normal ending will also give a Trophy.

You can farm Shampurus the fun way by getting the free DLC and making yourself overwhelming which will help you meet the True Ending requirements much faster by going to the Mugen Field. It has enemies stronger than anything encountered in the story so it will drop better Shampuru.

Leon Tekashi wrote:I do believe there are some post game stuff, ask Double C about that.

Post game is only available in the True Ending, getting the normal ending won't do it ;)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:23 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Post game is only available in the True Ending, getting the normal ending won't do it ;)

Well, fuck, looks like I am going to be doing another playthrough once I get the Normal ending :roll:

Is there any trophies I need to be aware of when I reach the post game?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Wait, is that hope I see?

How much easier to get is the True End after getting DLC?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:28 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:Well, fuck, looks like I am going to be doing another playthrough once I get the Normal ending :roll:

Is there any trophies I need to be aware of when I reach the post game?

Nope, I think the normal ending trophy is the only trophy you're going to miss if you get the true ending first so a minimum of two playthroughs is req for a plat.

Seventh wrote:Wait, is that hope I see?

How much easier to get is the True End after getting DLC?

It will shorten the time a whole lot depending on how pro at the game you are but the Mugen Field is incredibly hard. Might be a gamble because it can induce rage, you lose once, you'll have to start over from floor 1 and floor 80+ is where the enemies start dropping high Tier Shampuru.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:33 pm

But overall, the best farming spot for Shampurus is Tree World 3: Land of Legends. I spent 6 hours yesterday farming those little bastards and I only managed to increase my average charm by 2%, it' currently at 14%.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:But overall, the best farming spot for Shampurus is Tree World 3: Land of Legends. I spent 6 hours yesterday farming those little bastards and I only managed to increase my average charm by 2%, it' currently at 14%.

14%, not bad. I think you can probably stop when you get to 17-18% average since the story mode gives a lot of good Shampurus too.

I wonder if the true ending boss will be tough without DLC and only one playthrough? He's pretty darn tough if you fight him around level 200 on the normal ending but almost everybody who does True Ending grinds in the Mugen Field and one shot the true ending boss lol. You might be the first person to actually test out the True Ending bosses true power.

@Seventh, almost forgot to mention that earning Shampuru the Mugen Field method with DLC equips will probably break the game and make you level 5000 while the True Ending boss final boss is around lvl 200.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm

The grinding isn't really that bad in a way. Just set yourself up with some conditions in the Mugen Fields, crush some ships in airship battles, and then you're A-ok. =) It's really not that hard.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:The grinding isn't really that bad in a way. Just set yourself up with some conditions in the Mugen Fields, crush some ships in airship battles, and then you're A-ok. =) It's really not that hard.

That's true, just one Ship battle should do the trick for leveling for like 5 chapters.

This game doesn't really require much grinding for character levels but charm levels and master points that ask for beating a certain number of enemies.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:59 pm

I really think CH was high when they were developing this game. .__.;
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:I really think CH was high when they were developing this game. .__.;

I wouldn't doubt it, they made the reqs hard for the True Ending and platinum very time consuming and the enemies on the map chase you so fast.

Luckily they weren't high when they made Mugen Souls Z since it's really easy to get the True Ending and platinum on that game. Mugen Souls Z is a lot sillier Story-wise though since Syrma is the main character and doesn't really have that much brain power to solve problems.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”