Mugen Souls (PS3)

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls (PS3)

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:16 pm

That's what I'm looking forward to, but first, gotta get past Mugen Souls. .__.;
Spoiler:

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Nope, I think the normal ending trophy is the only trophy you're going to miss if you get the true ending first so a minimum of two playthroughs is req for a plat.

Being that I'll be going for the Normal end first, I don't think I'll be missing that anytime soon. Even though I don't WANT to do two playthroughs, it would seem I've no choice.

Again, thanks for the help. Now I know what to look out for when I play this.

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Indeed, but in the end, have fun. =)
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:40 am

Do something else to pass the time, use Bazookas, have wide area attacks... yeah, there's options and ways to do things. ^^

And again, try the 7 World Redux once you're strong enough. I recall it dropping some pretty nice sets of Shampuru. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:06 pm

So, I just booted up my PS3 and started Mugen Souls like I promised.

I get hit with a crash the second I get past the introductions.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:So, I just booted up my PS3 and started Mugen Souls like I promised.

I get hit with a crash the second I get past the introductions.

The loading is longer than most games but you'll get used to it after a while. Did you install the game data? It'll make the loading much faster by 200% but there is still loading time.

You'll have to be careful with the loading screens in this game like the original HDN and not change maps too quickly or else disc read errors will occur. You might've had really bad luck if you've already gotten the data installed and waited for the loading to finish before moving on the G-Castle.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:48 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:The loading is longer than most games but you'll get used to it after a while. Did you install the game data? It'll make the loading much faster by 200% but there is still loading time.

You'll have to be careful with the loading screens in this game like the original HDN and not change maps too quickly or else disc read errors will occur. You might've had really bad luck if you've already gotten the data installed and waited for the loading to finish before moving on the G-Castle.

Yeah, I installed the game data. It'd be entirely foolish of me to not do that :lol:

I'll probably give it another go later on today. Right now when I was playing it earlier, I felt I was "skipping" every help tutorial and I don't want to do that. So I'll be going through the entire beginning for a "third" time and hopefully I won't miss out on anything important.

But the game-play, it is somewhat interesting and fun to play. But I feel it's more complicated to understand than what Neptunia is :|

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm

NEET_GAMER wrote:
Yeah, I installed the game data. It'd be entirely foolish of me to not do that :lol:

I'll probably give it another go later on today. Right now when I was playing it earlier, I felt I was "skipping" every help tutorial and I don't want to do that. So I'll be going through the entire beginning for a "third" time and hopefully I won't miss out on anything important.

But the game-play, it is somewhat interesting and fun to play. But I feel it's more complicated to understand than what Neptunia is :|

Cool, guess you know how important data install is, especially for this game. Getting the data install will make the loading seem like it a normal game with no data install :lol

I don't think the battle system is complicated, the tutorials just nuke everything for you and make it seem that way so only smart people can understand it lol. You'll learn how to play the game on it's own, got the free DLC equips right? Bazooka is the best Moe Kill weapon because it gives the biggest range like Rednal says but the 7 World Redux won't pop up until after you get 20% Ego charm.

The first few chapters are tutorials so that's the reason why everything is so easy at the moment. After you beat Sun World, you can go make your way to the Mugen Field and attempt to reach a really high floor.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NEET_GAMER
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NEET_GAMER » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:00 pm

I don't like using DLC. However, being that it's possibly free (although I'm not certain it is in the UK), I suppose I can give it a look before I give it another go. It's just that to me, DLC makes the game feel "easier" and that's something I don't wish to encounter.

I'm also aware that I can figure out the game-play if I just breeze through the tutorial. But for the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to read it all carefully this time because as a first timer, I need the gist of things explained to me before I'm able to handle the ropes and breeze through the game. :)

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 am

Okay, progress report time. I'm going to post it here and not on that other MSZ thread.

Spoiler:
So I'm currently on Chapter 9 with charm average to about 16 or 17%. I'm like half way through but I'm barely making it through the boss fights now. Lots of crap happened at around Chapter 8. I was pretty surprised. I do feel bad about Belleria. All she wanted to do was to help make her father healthy, but nope. Vigor had to be a dick and eat some planets. My like points for Belleria increased after that. I also like how Chou-Chou develops little by little when she gets her old memories back. If I were to choose my favorite female, it's more of a tie between Marina and Dees, and no, it's not because of their huge chests. lol I love Marina because I do love how she's so elegant most of the time but yet she's a klutz when it comes to magic. As for Dees, she reminds me of Cave from HDN. Elegant and badass.

Anyways, in my next play session, I'll be doing some grinding in either Metal World 3 and Mugen Souls so that I can handle the upcoming bosses a lot better. I'll also need to decide who will be my main 4 for the rest of the game cause I know I'm pretty close to the end. I'll also be farming some more shampurus in Metal World 3 since I've heard that's also a pretty good farming spot like Tree World 3. I also started to create matter for my weapons ad armor, which I totally forgot about. lol And with that, that's all for the update!

PS: When it comes to games like these that involves some grinding, don't let your recklessness and stubborness get in your way, otherwise, you'll be dealing with a lot of pain from the bosses. Seriously, I barely got through the first 4 bosses on Chapter 9 due to that. .__.;
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Okay, progress report time. I'm going to post it here and not on that other MSZ thread.

Spoiler:
So I'm currently on Chapter 9 with charm average to about 16 or 17%. I'm like half way through but I'm barely making it through the boss fights now. Lots of crap happened at around Chapter 8. I was pretty surprised. I do feel bad about Belleria. All she wanted to do was to help make her father healthy, but nope. Vigor had to be a dick and eat some planets. My like points for Belleria increased after that. I also like how Chou-Chou develops little by little when she gets her old memories back. If I were to choose my favorite female, it's more of a tie between Marina and Dees, and no, it's not because of their huge chests. lol I love Marina because I do love how she's so elegant most of the time but yet she's a klutz when it comes to magic. As for Dees, she reminds me of Cave from HDN. Elegant and badass.

Anyways, in my next play session, I'll be doing some grinding in either Metal World 3 and Mugen Souls so that I can handle the upcoming bosses a lot better. I'll also need to decide who will be my main 4 for the rest of the game cause I know I'm pretty close to the end. I'll also be farming some more shampurus in Metal World 3 since I've heard that's also a pretty good farming spot like Tree World 3. I also started to create matter for my weapons ad armor, which I totally forgot about. lol And with that, that's all for the update!

PS: When it comes to games like these that involves some grinding, don't let your recklessness and stubborness get in your way, otherwise, you'll be dealing with a lot of pain from the bosses. Seriously, I barely got through the first 4 bosses on Chapter 9 due to that. .__.;

Spoiler:
The turning point of the game was pretty interesting huh? Not as laid back as how it was before and things have gotten a lot tougher. How did you manage to get past those tough bosses, you must've learned a lot about the game since you've beaten them. Remember that frenzying boss battles (including the small fry) will help with increasing your charm level since they drop rare Shampurus.

BTW, I think it's kind of funny how they labeled Marina as Graceful in the original Mugen Souls but she's a Ditz in Mugen Souls Z. It's too hard for me to pick favorite characters because I like all of them but I might put Alys on top because I like Hibiki the best from [email protected] Marina is Miki Hoshii and Dees is Takane Shijou.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:06 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:Okay, progress report time. I'm going to post it here and not on that other MSZ thread.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The turning point of the game was pretty interesting huh? Not as laid back as how it was before and things have gotten a lot tougher. How did you manage to get past those tough bosses, you must've learned a lot about the game since you've beaten them. Remember that frenzying boss battles (including the small fry) will help with increasing your charm level since they drop rare Shampurus.

BTW, I think it's kind of funny how they labeled Marina as Graceful in the original Mugen Souls but she's a Ditz in Mugen Souls Z. It's too hard for me to pick favorite characters because I like all of them but I might put Alys on top because I like Hibiki the best from [email protected] Marina is Miki Hoshii and Dees is Takane Shijou.

Spoiler:
Well after about two runs in the Mugen Field from Floor 1 to 30 on the eventful route with some restrictions of course, I got my main party to lvl 150s. It helped me got through the bosses. I'm currently on the Metal World 3 boss. I got peoned all of the continent, helping me get my charm average to 18%. I didn't frenzy any of the tough bosses because I don't have a death wish. lol. How I managed to get through them the reckless way is because they kept on killing my party members, raising my PP, and then all I did was switch and one by one, they did their strongest moves. Anyways, now I must defeat the Metal World 3 boss and then finish up the charm grinding on that same world and then go and beat Belleria one on one, and then grind one last time for the final boss, and then this game is as good as mine. I'm so close! I can taste it! :D

PS: It's pretty cute that Belleria was Chou-Chou's first friend. I wonder what Volgar told her though....That bastard.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:
Spoiler:
Well after about two runs in the Mugen Field from Floor 1 to 30 on the eventful route with some restrictions of course, I got my main party to lvl 150s. It helped me got through the bosses. I'm currently on the Metal World 3 boss. I got peoned all of the continent, helping me get my charm average to 18%. I didn't frenzy any of the tough bosses because I don't have a death wish. lol. How I managed to get through them the reckless way is because they kept on killing my party members, raising my PP, and then all I did was switch and one by one, they did their strongest moves. Anyways, now I must defeat the Metal World 3 boss and then finish up the charm grinding on that same world and then go and beat Belleria one on one, and then grind one last time for the final boss, and then this game is as good as mine. I'm so close! I can taste it! :D

PS: It's pretty cute that Belleria was Chou-Chou's first friend. I wonder what Volgar told her though....That bastard.

Nice work Leon!
Spoiler:
Since you're on Metal World 3, I assume you've completed it and defeat Belleria now time farm to 20% charm and then get to floor 60 in the Mugen Field after!

With all that charm level you've gained, I wonder how strong your peon ball is? I Bet you can one shot most things in the game with it! Hopefully you will finish up the True Ending tomorrow, I'm curious if the final boss is going to be hard since you haven't gotten the DLC or farmed Shampuru in high level floors in the Mugen Field to get to lvls in the 1000's like most people.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:30 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Leon Tekashi wrote:
Spoiler:

Nice work Leon!
Spoiler:
Since you're on Metal World 3, I assume you've completed it and defeat Belleria now time farm to 20% charm and then get to floor 60 in the Mugen Field after!

With all that charm level you've gained, I wonder how strong your peon ball is? I Bet you can one shot most things in the game with it! Hopefully you will finish up the True Ending tomorrow, I'm curious if the final boss is going to be hard since you haven't gotten the DLC or farmed Shampuru in high level floors in the Mugen Field to get to lvls in the 1000's like most people.

Spoiler:
Phew...Sorry Double C. This particular lab was doing at college completely took away most of my energy. I still didn't beat the Metal World boss or Belleria one on one yet. I'll do it tomorrow when I have more energy and more free time.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:
Spoiler:
Phew...Sorry Double C. This particular lab was doing at college completely took away most of my energy. I still didn't beat the Metal World boss or Belleria one on one yet. I'll do it tomorrow when I have more energy and more free time.

No problem, real life should take precedence over gaming. I think holding it off until next week or until you get done with everything would be fine.

Spoiler:
That last segment is actually going to take a really long time anyways, chapter 10 is the final chapter and would seem the shortest if you were going for the normal ending but doing 60 floors in the Mugen Field would lengthen the time dramatically.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”