Tips for getting the platinum?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby mario_0345 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:30 pm

In order to prepare for Mugen Souls Z I have rented the original Mugen Souls and am now working towards getting the platinum. My question is are there any tips for getting the platinum. I have downloaded the bonus fights and have actually used the one "Challenge Start" to farm up to 9999 for most of the tier 1 shampuru. I am curious if there are any other tips that can help me out I have done 8 run throughs of the game and am currently in the post game and am looking for ways to power up Chou-Chous charm so I can take on CounterAttack Banana. Any tips as to what else I should do and places where to find the appropriate shampuru to level up each form faster would be helpful ?

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Oh my, you've gotten really far in this game and think you've gotten pretty much every trophy except 2 of them. Those trophies are very grindy and whoever made them must be a troll. Here are a couple tips that you probably figured out already.

Shorten Grind time
Spoiler:
Did you already get the 3 EXP conditional skills and the +150% EXP matter? Those will shorten your time for levels but they have one for Mugen Points and G as well.

Conditionals
Floor 60: Lady Air Pirate = Fever
Level 100?: Dojo Trainee= (Some kind of EXP condtional)
Floor 10: Passionate Warrior= Lucky Man

EXP Matter
(Won't say anything until you get conditionals first)


Skills to earn
Spoiler:
Fearful Fire is the longest sniping attack with high power and 750 Blash Off.

Tornado Slash is the strongest "hit all" trick skill in the game and it also does an 8 hit combo so it can also rack up bonuses as well.

These are two of the best skills in the game that can be acquired by peons in the Mugen Field at floor 60.

Floor 60: Phantom King = Tornado Slash
Floor 60: Biroid King = Fearful Fire


Peon Fusioning
You will probably need to increase your stat boost% to get stronger so you can play some more tougher battles. It's quite confusing and it takes a lot of experimenting on your own, don't suggest doing it now.

Equipment upgrading
If you do not upgrade your weapon at once, it will be weaker than if you upgraded in one sitting so be careful.

There is no real shortcut to getting a platinum on this game and it takes a long time. I'm at 600 hours and still haven't gotten it yet lol.

JP wiki
http://wikiwiki.jp/mugen_souls/
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby CelticRedemption » Thu May 22, 2014 9:09 am

I got back into getting the plat for this before I get started on Mugen Souls Z ( whenever it arrives )
I have basically all the stuff except for the last couple of trophies that involve shampuru, charm%, fantastic TCS and level 9999 and such.
Currently have ChouChou equipped with some of the best armor gear, and third best bazooka maxed out for easier peoning ( i have the super galaxy cutter maxed as well, which she normally uses ), She's got 3 EXP+50% innate skills, as well as a +150% exp and a +50% exp matter stack on her weapon.
I currently have about 160k shampuru, on my 4th doppelganger clear, currently farming the tier 2 shampuru at the 7 world redux thing, since i maxed out the tier 1's.

I have to say, this is something that comes up a lot for me when I'm platting Compile Heart games that aren't Neptunia.... I'm not having fun playing the game like this. =/
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu May 22, 2014 9:36 am

CelticRedemption wrote:I got back into getting the plat for this before I get started on Mugen Souls Z ( whenever it arrives )
I have basically all the stuff except for the last couple of trophies that involve shampuru, charm%, fantastic TCS and level 9999 and such.
Currently have ChouChou equipped with some of the best armor gear, and third best bazooka maxed out for easier peoning ( i have the super galaxy cutter maxed as well, which she normally uses ), She's got 3 EXP+50% innate skills, as well as a +150% exp and a +50% exp matter stack on her weapon.
I currently have about 160k shampuru, on my 4th doppelganger clear, currently farming the tier 2 shampuru at the 7 world redux thing, since i maxed out the tier 1's.

The first Mugen Souls has the worst platinum in the universe that takes around 1000 hours. I'm at 599 hours and barely halfway.

Just play Mugen Souls Z.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby mario_0345 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Also a bit of advice from my own personal experience don't bother with overwhelming apocalypse. While it does give you the tier fifteen shampuru you have to go through ten different battles each with a group of enemies that can one shot you if you don't have the right matters on your equipment and have not gotten your characters status up to 600+% and even then they may still one shot you, plus the crystal that you have to peon is quite difficult and will most likely go to frenzy, and in addition to that you don't have the little bar that you do in mugen souls z which tells you which moe pose will do what making it a very hard luck based mission. It is actually easier to just NG+ the tier fifteen shampuru since you'll have to perform NG+ to get the necessary equipment and matters anyway, plus I looked at a rundown total of shampuru you can get if you peon all the story battles in a normal game and it is around 17,000.

Also here is a guide I found that may help you out in your quest to get the platinum.
Shampuru farming guide

User avatar
CelticRedemption
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2395
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby CelticRedemption » Sat May 24, 2014 4:36 am

Yeah, at the moment my moe killing in the DLC battles is a guaranteed fury, and not peoning, but that still gives me more shampuru than usual, i suppose. When i'm done with Tier 2, I'll go back to new game+
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Image
[20:25] <Solice> hey, sailor tenshi... blow or squirt?
[20:26] <Kana> ....what

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 413
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby mario_0345 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 pm

So today I have finally managed to complete overwhelming apocalypse for the first time and I gotta admit, it still doesn't seem worth it. It is just to much of a luck based mission, even if you prepare for it you will most likely end up failing. The crystal scales with your charm level so it will always take 5-8 turns to peon the crystal, and honestly I am pretty sure that the crystals in those battles are set to frenzy more often than not. Then there is the erratic way the enemies are able to damage you and often times those are one hit kills. Actually defeating them is possible but it takes way to long and you end up missing on what you actually came there for, the tier 15 shampuru, and you have to do this for ten different battles, and some of the enemies have HP regen and can make all of your hard work moot. There is just to much luck involved in this to make it worth while.

User avatar
Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 am

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby Blink_Winkel » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:21 pm

.....
Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby Aikia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Blink_Winkel wrote:
mario_0345 wrote:So today I have finally managed to complete overwhelming apocalypse for the first time and I gotta admit, it still doesn't seem worth it. It is just to much of a luck based mission, even if you prepare for it you will most likely end up failing. The crystal scales with your charm level so it will always take 5-8 turns to peon the crystal, and honestly I am pretty sure that the crystals in those battles are set to frenzy more often than not. Then there is the erratic way the enemies are able to damage you and often times those are one hit kills. Actually defeating them is possible but it takes way to long and you end up missing on what you actually came there for, the tier 15 shampuru, and you have to do this for ten different battles, and some of the enemies have HP regen and can make all of your hard work moot. There is just to much luck involved in this to make it worth while.


I agree, overwhelming apocalypse is too risky to farm because of the peon ball overload and the fact that moe killing the large crystals only has about 50% chance of success or less, even with the right commands. It's safer to do ~12 NG+ and moe kill all post game bosses (While maxing out Dust Bunny and Shaw-meow in the process) then farm in max bet Mugen Field. If you moe kill the bosses on floors 60-100, you should get 125 Golden Drill, Black Box, High laser , Energetic and Go-to Cannon per run. If you use the items to skip floors or just mass peon everything on floors 1-60, it's much faster than doing extra NG+, and much safer than farming overwhelming apocalypse. As for Overwhelming, it can be farmed from "The Sun Goddess Again!".


moe killing floors 60-100 bosses give 125 t15 shampuru's you say.

Is this at max bet only your talking about ?

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: Tips for getting the platinum?

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Aikia wrote:moe killing floors 60-100 bosses give 125 t15 shampuru's you say.

Is this at max bet only?

Looks like it, and it's only on floors 30+ bosses I believe.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image


Return to “Mugen Souls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests