Peon fusion talk

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Peon fusion talk

Postby Aikia » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:51 pm

So I plat'd the japanese mugen soul Z couple months back, thanks to ChouChous pervy peon's help and everyone else in the mugen forums.

I been playing alot of other games since, and I was thinking on coming back to the first mugen souls to complete the plat once and for all.

I had big problems understanding the peon fusion system in the first mugen souls, but from playing the disgaea games and playing mugen souls z ( which is a bit different and easier the fusion system ) And reading a little bit today.

These are the things I believe I concluded and understood, once I know for sure, I'll jump back to mugen souls.
--About fusing --

This example is from the dark cecil guide.

1. Fuse newbie witch with master paladin.

2. Change job class from newbie witch to master paladin, and vice versa.

3. Then Fuse them again, making the second character the BASE character this time.

4. Change jobs again, etc, keep fusing until both reach 600% ? ( this is the cap no ? )

-----------------------------
Im assuming after this is done, you can fuse chouchou ( as the base ) with the 600% peon until she reaches the 600% cap aswell ?

The day I finally understand fusing, I'll replay mugen souls, the main reason I had stopped, I wasnt able to beat the
Spoiler:
fake bosses
, I didnt understand fusing, so I couldnt make chouchou stronger and I simply didn't know what to do anymore :(

Base and sub character's
From what I understand, fusing should ALWAYS, be done at level 9999. Base character, and sub character.

I believe the base character's BASE stats, after fusion, are higher if they are level 9999.

The second / sub character has to be 9999 because it gives the + 40% increase ?

If this is the case, my question is how do I start off.

I remember having an EXTREMELY hard time getting past level 2400 with my ChouChou. the higher mugen fields were too hard. and the ones I was able to complete at my currect level, were not giving enough experience.

Maybe reaching 9999 the first time is the hardest / longest ? This was a big problem for me and what basically caused me to stop playing and get discouraged.

Fusing for condition skills and abilites

I havn't looked into matter and condition skills yet. But a thing im unsure of is, let's say there's a peon with a condition skill I want and it's level 1. L'ets say my ChouChou is level 9999 with decently high stats. How do I take this condition skill from this peon ? Will fusing with it mess up my chouchou, or will it not affect her because she is level 9999 as the BASE character

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Peon fusion talk

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:24 pm

Good thing you made a separate thread for this game since you've mastered it in Mugen Souls Z. Keep the questions coming.

Im assuming after this is done, you can fuse chouchou ( as the base ) with the 600% peon until she reaches the 600% cap aswell ?

That's right.

Base and sub character's
From what I understand, fusing should ALWAYS, be done at level 9999. Base character, and sub character.

Assuming that the sub peon has the maximum stat %, then yes.

I believe the base character's BASE stats, after fusion, are higher if they are level 9999.

True

The second / sub character has to be 9999 because it gives the + 40% increase ?

Since this will explain why from the one from a couple questions ago. I'll explain it in further detail since this is the big difference between Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z.

Assuming that you already have 600%+ peons in place, then yes, you are correct. But if this is the first time creating peons and there's nobody at the max percentage, then no.

The main peon will only have the potential to reach the maximum stat of the sub peon, not surpass it. For example:

You got both peons to level 9999 and the main peon has 60% stats and the sub has 61% stats, after fusion, the main peon will only get to 61% (1% boost) because that's the max of the sub even though you got them to level 9999.
Spoiler:
If it was Z, the main peon would've been 100% (40% boost).

Maybe reaching 9999 the first time is the hardest / longest ? This was a big problem for me and what basically caused me to stop playing and get discouraged.

It gets easier but nowhere near as easy as Mugen Souls Z with all the exp bonuses and high Mugen Point bets.

Fusing for condition skills and abilites

I havn't looked into matter and condition skills yet. But a thing im unsure of is, let's say there's a peon with a condition skill I want and it's level 1. L'ets say my ChouChou is level 9999 with decently high stats. How do I take this condition skill from this peon ? Will fusing with it mess up my chouchou, or will it not affect her because she is level 9999 as the BASE character

Fusing with that level 1 peon will not mess up your Chou-Chou because she is level 9999 as the base character...

but if you are Chou-Chou Masochist and prefer the opposite situation, fusing Chou-Chou at level 1 will mess up her stats, even if the sub is level 9999.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:35 am

Thank you so much, I cant wait to replay mugen souls, but like I said my problem was I was completely confused on the peon fusion stuff.

Fusing with that level 1 peon will not mess up your Chou-Chou because she is level 9999 as the base character...

but if you are Chou-Chou Masochist and prefer the opposite situation, fusing Chou-Chou at level 1 will mess up her stats, even if the sub is level 9999.

I litterally laughed when you wrote this LOL

This means if I wanna fuse to get my 150% experience boosts ( i dont know if there's 3 condition skills or if there's matter for this. Hasvn't played in awhile )

I must be level 9999 on Chouchou at leastso my stats dont drop. But the first time I wanna try getting to 9999, I wont have any of these experience bonuses, wont it be super long !?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 am

This means if I wanna fuse to get my 150% experience boosts ( i dont know if there's 3 condition skills or if there's matter for this. Haven't played in awhile )

I must be level 9999 on Chouchou at least so my stats don't drop. But the first time I wanna try getting to 9999, I wont have any of these experience bonuses, wont it be super long !?

+150% EXP Conditional skills
Spoiler:
Floor 10 Dev Center = Lucky Man (+50% EXP) from Passionate Warrior
Level 100 = Promise of Future (+50% EXP) from Dojo Trainee
Floor 60 Dev Center = Fever (gives +50% for EXP, MP and G!)from Lady Air Pirate

For +150 EXP Matter
Spoiler:
I got them from Hand Made Amulets upgrading them from the Grade D to C (3rd) random Matter change set.

Chou-Chou Masochist is very funny :)

It will be super long to get to level 9999 without any bonuses, don't recommend leveling up until you find all EXP stuff.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Man I love you, I actually forgot about those random matter's you go up and down and they change hihi.

But for example my chouchou is level 2400 I think, if i fuse her to take those 3 exp bonuses, wont her base stats drop because im not fusing her at 9999 ?

It's just starting off that seems hard, I understand the fusioning process now I believe.

I probably will start mugen souls again once I go unemployment in october / november.

The first things I should focus on, would be acheiving the 600% bonus's on 2 peons and then bringing up my chouchou to 600% bonus stats while always fusing her at 9999.

AFTER this is done, THEN, I start shampuru farming ? Or should I focus on other things aswell first, such as farming gold and increasing some weapons to max level

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Man I love you, I actually forgot about those random matter's you go up and down and they change haha.

But for example my chouchou is level 2400 I think, if i fuse her to take those 3 exp bonuses, wont her base stats drop because im not fusing her at 9999 ?

Thanks, Chou-Chou's base stat's won't drop but she's probably not going to be as strong as she could be if she was fused at level 9999. It is unconfirmed whether that will mess her up permanently in the long run though but a few fusions probably won't hurt much.

AFTER this is done, THEN, I start shampuru farming ? Or should I focus on other things aswell first, such as farming gold and increasing some weapons to max level

I suggest farming G and increasing weapons to the max so you can have an easier time with leveling up. Also note that equipment lose potential if they aren't upgraded from level 1-999 in one sitting.

I also highly suggest farming some really good matter such as Self-Defense and Skill Mastery. I think it's good to check out some of Reaper1759's playthroughs of Mugen Souls, he's the only LPer on Youtube who has gotten a platinum and the only person with postgame footage of this game.

Matter video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxKZ6LIwzE&list=PLWImZ8eCVeJndBsYIYDRWDMkrehDUOmyT&index=53
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:10 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Man I love you, I actually forgot about those random matter's you go up and down and they change haha.

Thanks, Chou-Chou's base stat's won't drop but she's probably not going to be as strong as she could be if she was fused at level 9999. It is unconfirmed whether that will mess her up permanently in the long run though but a few fusions probably won't hurt much.

I suggest farming G and increasing weapons to the max so you can have an easier time with leveling up. Also note that equipment lose potential if they aren't upgraded from level 1-999 in one sitting.

I also highly suggest farming some really good matter such as Self-Defense and Skill Mastery. I think it's good to check out some of Reaper1759's playthroughs of Mugen Souls, he's the only LPer on Youtube who has gotten a platinum and the only person with postgame footage of this game.

Matter video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmxKZ6LIwzE&list=PLWImZ8eCVeJndBsYIYDRWDMkrehDUOmyT&index=53

hmm. So do you think it's safe to do those 3 fusions for the experience condition skills, I mean, once I fusion, she will be level 1, can I do 2 more fusions to get those condition skills, or do you think this is kinda risky ?

1-999 weapon upgrades, same as in mugen soul z, but I mean it's kinda hard the first few times to get that high. About the best weapons in the game, are these item kills from fake bosses, or is it in mugen field.

I wonder how hord the max mugen field is hehe.

Fever Mode

Doing fever mode is still the best way for getting gold in this one aswell I'm guessing. And do you suggest doing this to increase the multipliers when im trying to level up aswell ? Or should I work on trying to complete the 100 floors of whatever bet im in. In mugen soul z, I didnt find I needed much multiplier's to reach max level, the higher mugen field floors gave ALOT of experience and gold, even with just 10-20 floors of doing fever mode

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Aikia wrote:hmm. So do you think it's safe to do those 3 fusions for the experience condition skills, I mean, once I fusion, she will be level 1, can I do 2 more fusions to get those condition skills, or do you think this is kinda risky ?

The outcome is unknown so I'd say it's risky just to be safe.

What I did was give those EXP conditionals to a random killer peon at first and then when I can get Chou-Chou to level 9999 easily. I'll transfer those 3 EXP conditionals when I can get her to level 9999 easily which is more safe.

Along with those 3 EXP conditionals, I think you should also get "Tornado Slash" which is a very strong skill that hits all enemies with 8 hits, which is very good for multipliers, plus it's very strong. You get it from Phantom King (strongest male Chaser class) on floor 60.

Fever Mode

Doing fever mode is still the best way for getting gold in this one aswell I'm guessing. And do you suggest doing this to increase the multipliers when im trying to level up aswell ? Or should I work on trying to complete the 100 floors of whatever bet im in. In mugen soul z, I didnt find I needed much multiplier's to reach max level, the higher mugen field floors gave ALOT of experience and gold, even with just 10-20 floors of doing fever mode

Fever Mode is still the best way to earn money but using it for Multipliers depends on much patience you have. In the original Mugen Souls there are some annoying things such as that animation being unskippable, blast off gauge resetting when it gets activated and an ultra high risk of a Peon Ball explosion.

If you are a pro at this game, then you can do multipliers but I just do 100 floors without multipliers when I played.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:16 pm

ahh yes... the peon ball explosion.. I forgot about that.

Wasnt there a way to prevent it, putting her in 4th position, or was that in mugen Z ? Even if it works, it makes leveling peon slower since they have to be in sub party.

kinda sucks we dont know about the level 1 fusing if it would ruin her badly for just 3 fusions.

I was gonna just make 2 peons, newbie witch and master paladin or something else, and fuse them constantly when there level 1000, to get the +10%. do this 60 times like we discussed and then I'll have the 600%.

If theres a better method let me know. Dunno if these peons would be considered "killer" peons, I mean they will have high % stats. but being fused at 1000, dunno if it will affect them much.

i'll be giving both those peons the 3 exp conditionals you were talking about, before I start the level process.

I dont remember if, when I get 9999 with chouchou, if I fusion her with a peon that has the 3 exp conditions, will she get all 3 ? Or do you only get what that specific being naturally has as conditionals ( meaning I would have to get level 9999 3 times to get the 3 conditionals on her ? )

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Aikia wrote:ahh yes... the peon ball explosion.. I forgot about that.

Wasnt there a way to prevent it, putting her in 4th position, or was that in mugen Z ? Even if it works, it makes leveling peon slower since they have to be in sub party.

It was this Mugen Souls, not only does Chou-Chou have to be in the 4th position, there also has to be nobody in the 1st slot so you'll be missing one character who would definitely help boost your multiplier during fever time.

I dont remember if, when I get 9999 with chouchou, if I fusion her with a peon that has the 3 exp conditions, will she get all 3 ? Or do you only get what that specific being naturally has as conditionals ( meaning I would have to get level 9999 3 times to get the 3 conditionals on her ? )

You might even learn none of them depending on the situation but she has the maximum potential of learning only one of them if that skill is tied to that job class. The main will only learn skills that the specific peon is able to learn during level ups and the Mugen Dev Center (specials excluded). Examples

1.) You fuse your level 9999 Chou-Chou with a Vegabond who has Lucky Man, Promise of Future and Fever but the Vegabond class never learns them by leveling up or going to the Dev Center. Chou-Chou ends up getting 0 Conditional Skills out of them even though he has those skills.

2.) You fuse your level 9999 Chou-Chou with a Lady Air Pirate who has Lucky Man, Promise of Future and Fever. The Lady Air Pirate class can learn "Fever" on the 60th floor of the Dev Center. After fusing Chou-Chou with her, the only ability Chou-Chou will learn is "Fever" but not the other two.

I was gonna just make 2 peons, newbie witch and master paladin or something else, and fuse them constantly when there level 1000, to get the +10%. do this 60 times like we discussed and then I'll have the 600%.

Vegabond and Metallic Lady are a much better combination since the Metallic Lady has +10% more stats on everything compared to the Vegabond.

I don't think the Newbie Witch has all 10% lower stats than the Master Paladin, she might not have lower INT or MND so Chou-Chou will be missing growth on those stats.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh wow thanks for the advice on which peons to use.

thing is, these 2 peons ill be using, I should probably fuse them at level 1 to get those 50% exp boosts real quick, then start the leveling to 1000 and fusing process.

So pretty much my first 3 9999 fusions on chouchou, are gonna be just for 50% exp boosts ? I wont even have started the actual stat increasing process, my peons should be able to carry her in the mugen field for awhile then I guess

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Aikia wrote:Oh wow thanks for the advice on which peons to use.

thing is, these 2 peons ill be using, I should probably fuse them at level 1 to get those 50% exp boosts real quick, then start the leveling to 1000 and fusing process.

Those 2 peons are fodder, they're just test experiments to get 600%+ stats to fuse with other characters so it's a superb idea to give those 3 EXP conditionals to them at level 1 since they will actually be the strongest for now. Even fusing them at level 1 over 600 times to get +600% stats doesn't even matter.
Spoiler:
(Don't recommend it since it costs 60 billion Mugen Points at 100 million Mugen Points a fusion.)

Edit: Don't forget to make a Phantom King and take him to floor 60 to learn Tornado Slash to fuse with those peons, it's a very strong skill.
So pretty much my first 3 9999 fusions on chouchou, are gonna be just for 50% exp boosts ? I wont even have started the actual stat increasing process, my peons should be able to carry her in the mugen field for awhile then I guess

Yup, but make that Chou-Chou's first 4 fusions since Tornado Slash is beast.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Im so glad your around, im actually understanding now XD.

Can't wait to restart this sick grinding :D

When are the doppelgangers killable, I seen some people say they moe kill them with 30% charm, I remember having a near impossible time ( i had nevver done fusions, only had upgraded free dlc gear I believe )

I had moe killed fake altis, but I remember it was a crazy struggle and I frenzzied her so many times. When can I take on the rest and the sun godess properly without struggling so hard, some people defeated them on their first ng+. I dont know how much charm I need to defeat these battles either

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Aikia wrote:Im so glad your around, im actually understanding now XD.

Can't wait to restart this sick grinding :D

When are the doppelgangers killable, I seen some people say they moe kill them with 30% charm, I remember having a near impossible time ( i had nevver done fusions, only had upgraded free dlc gear I believe )

I had moe killed fake altis, but I remember it was a crazy struggle and I frenzzied her so many times. When can I take on the rest and the sun godess properly without struggling so hard, some people defeated them on their first ng+. I dont know how much charm I need to defeat these battles either

You can kill them with 1% Charm, the Large Crystals are just like how they were in Mugen Souls Z.

Dopplegangers in this game are actually a joke in comparison to Mugen Souls Z. On this Reaper1759 playthrough, he was able to beat the first Doppleganger without a problem with less than 3 million (after transforming) HP/ MND/ DEF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8q04QHa1E0&index=41&list=PLWImZ8eCVeJndBsYIYDRWDMkrehDUOmyT
Edit: This was also with Chou-Chou alone and it was really no trouble at all.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:01 pm

yea i think if your 100% ccharm or 1% charm it doesnt affect the fake bosses right, I think in Z thats how it was, i must have been just really bad with the word choices :/

But the other bosses are stronger, maybe 3mil~ isnt enough, I know i had around 2mil with upgraded free dlc, no fusions ever done. but now that i know how fusion works this might be alot easier.

I would have to try again the large crystal peoning, i'll be playing in november / ctober, so for now gathering information is my goal.

Think I should try item killing instead of peon killing the first time ? I'm assuming yes, though I dont know if item killing ALSO steals what you could have stolen with reflection ball

Return to “Mugen Souls”