Criminal Girls Censorship

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
Criminaljesus
Geo Master
Geo Master

Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Criminaljesus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 pm

According to the Criminal Girls localization announcement parts of the game are being censored and will not be part of the game, while i do not support censorship regardless of the reason, i would like to know what is being censored from the game so i can decide if i should wait for the NISA release or import it.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Criminal Girls Censorship

Postby Seventh » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:33 pm

I'd actually like to second this - while the censorship probably won't impede my getting it (as I'm not sure if I'd be getting it even without it), some clarification, I think, would be helpful for everyone.

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Seconding this. I want some clarification, and whether or not I'll have to continue the ranting.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm sure when Houk makes the board he'll probably expand it on it and also provide a sitcky thread to discuss the changes.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Yep, need info.

Upset anyway, but some info would be nice.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Juikabloth
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Juikabloth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Considering the content that got cut from MSouls, I can imagine. But, I want some info as well.

Punishment scenes got taken out and we'll receive a fixed amounts of points (200 in this case) for every PUNISHMENT TIME minigame?

Tortilla Buster
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tortilla Buster » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:09 pm

What's the point of bringing this over if it's going to get butchered to 'bring this to as many as possible'? This is going to end up like another Mugen Souls.

Criminaljesus
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Criminaljesus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Juikabloth wrote:Considering the content that got cut from MSouls, I can imagine. But, I want some info as well.

Punishment scenes got taken out and we'll receive a fixed amounts of points (200 in this case) for every PUNISHMENT TIME minigame?

That's what I'm mostly worried about. What i don't understand is that if NISA is uncomfortable dealing with these "lewd" games and feel the need to censor them to the point of not even being the same game, why would they even do it in the first place instead of leaving it to another localization group and pick up something less risque?

Asianwarwallabe
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Asianwarwallabe » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:10 pm

I've been a casual fan of NISA's published games off and on over the years, playing whatever catches my attention and whims at the time. I'm a super giga ultra mega infinite lurker, but even I had to sign up and post so as to get a message across. Someone has to try, at the very least.

I've quietly dealt with all the other crap from NISA over the years, including (but not limited to) major bugs and their "special" brand of "localization," but censorship is absolutely unacceptable. I won't stand to hear NISA decide for me what portions of game are "boring and uninteresting anyways lol" as they obliterate it for their own moral code.

If NISA is too cowardly to stand behind the games they decide to bring over, then they have no right in doing so, ruining all hope of a faithful transitioning from other companies.

Censorship is not an acceptable practice from anyone. Censored products deserve to go straight to the trash, and nowhere else, along with the companies manufacturing them.

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:33 pm

I, also, would like specifics.

Given that the game only has a CERO D rating, brace for fucking nothing.

Spanking minigame? Cut.

What else?

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Isn't the punishment the CORE FEATURE of the gameplay? Wouldn't taking it out be akin to taking random battles out of a Final Fantasy game?

Tortilla Buster
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Tortilla Buster » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Esper wrote:Isn't the punishment the CORE FEATURE of the gameplay? Wouldn't taking it out be akin to taking random battles out of a Final Fantasy game?

Yeah, they're pretty essential considering it's how you get better skills, CG, and spoilers.

Criminaljesus
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Criminaljesus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Esper wrote:Isn't the punishment the CORE FEATURE of the gameplay? Wouldn't taking it out be akin to taking random battles out of a Final Fantasy game?

Yup. In the official manga, most of the pages are nothing but the Girls being Punished in more perverse ways than in the game by the Warden, take that out and its just your typical run of the mill JRPG no one will care about. I hope NISA will do the right thing and localize the game as it was intended to be played, or at the very least create and option to turn off the censorship so everyone will be happy.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:27 am

That's pretty much my understanding as well. I can't imagine downright removing it, it would require a fair amount of re-work to release the game without using that feature. In Mugen Souls, to my knowledge at least, it wasn't a core mechanic. Just something you could do to get some CGs/level ups/something like that. For that reason I, at this time, feel that it's not the mini game that was removed/altered. I feel it's going to be less than we're all making it out to be. I'll probably end up eating these words in the coming weeks, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:30 am

It's be great if the only thing actually altered was them making all of the girls ages 18+ in some text or something. That'd be hilarious.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Return to “Criminal Girls”