MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here-)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here

Postby Alice Twilight » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, I was mostly referring to the scripts, but it's not like I totally object to them also removing the parts of games that flat-out bored me... though I do feel it's a bit unfortunate for those who wanted to play those parts anyway. It's not like I'm happy with every decision they've ever made, either - just most of them. In this case, the minigame did not entertain me at all, so I don't see its removal as a loss... particularly since they kept a lot of the CGs in. *Shrugs* Either way, that's just how I feel, and I see no reason to pretend otherwise. I play games solely for my own amusement - on general principles, I support things that increase my level of entertainment and oppose things that decrease it.

Well what bored you might not have bored others.
Just because it bored you doesn't mean you should say "Yeah, they should have removed those CG's because I hated them" its what makes people assume you are some kind of marketeer or journalist whenever I see images of your posts posted somewhere and I can see why they think that.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 pm

You guys are failing to realize a few things:

1. Houk has said NISA has been profitable for 10 years.
2. NISA now knows they can get away with censorship.
3. No amount of fan-bitching on the forums is going to change the fact they know that.
4. They don't care about your complaints if they know they can ignore them.
5. Nothing you say or do will change this (MSZ) or Criminal Girls being censored.

Realize, much like I have, that this entire fight is futile. Nothing will be done. You can scream at the wall all the live-long day and it won't change a goddamn thing, much like the big bad wolf trying to blow a brick house down, your attacks do zero damage.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Juikabloth
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Juikabloth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Greetings.

Beforehand, excuse me if my English is faulty.

I've been buying from your store since you were named Rosen Queen, but never bothered to make a forum account until now.

I can't express myself as well as other members in this matter, but I just wanted to say that i don't particularly like your recent policies regarding censoring, or editing games, as well as "WHAT I CONSIDER" worse translations (regarding Arland trilogy and Neptunia). Also, changing or "localizing" names (FFF). Not to mention the addition of bugs in several games.

I can more-or-less oversee the Neptunia dialogues, because of the Japanese audio where I can clearly note some discrepancies, this coming from someone who doesn't know Japanese. At all. But with censoring or cutting out content, is another matter entirely.

Please reconsider your work on Criminal Girls. I already own the Jap import, but I'd like to know what the hell they're talking about this time.

One long-tme fan / buyer its not much, but if this trend continues, then I guess Danganronpa 2 and FFF Premiums will be my last purchases (videogame-wise I mean, I kinda still want Yuru Yuri 2, AnoHana and Nichiboys, unless you start going the same route with your anime division).

Have a great day, and thanks at least for Katanagatari, Usagi Drop, Demon Gaze and the Ar Tonelico games (even if Metafalica was... well, you know)

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Also, nice to know we get a announcement for a censored version of Criminal Girls the day before 4th of July. Oh, the ironing.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:22 pm

@Alice: I've talked to some other people who have imported, and none of them have mentioned liking the minigame. You may want to keep in mind that this is probably the most forgiving group of fans - those who like it so much they'll play it even if they can't understand it, willingly paying more than full price (especially with shipping) in order to do so. All the people I talked to still found basically no entertainment within the minigame and rapidly resorted to skipping it. I'm certain some people would still like it, of course - there are always people like that. It's just... based on my talks with others and my own personal experience, I don't think many people here would actually get more than two minutes of fun out of it. At most. It's hard for me to care too much when such a small amount of time is at stake.

Also, if you'd actually read my post, you would have noted the following:

though I do feel it's a bit unfortunate for those who wanted to play those parts anyway.

I didn't say people should remove things because I disliked them - I'm just saying I don't consider it a loss (as it relates to my own personal enjoyment of the product), and I do recognize that some people would have preferred to have those things... and I think it's unfortunate they don't. I don't actively want anything removed from a game unless there's a very good reason for it, because I think that keeping in as much content as possible helps to expand society's idea of what's acceptable and make room for people to do what they truly want with games... not what society says is okay for them to do. In other words, I want a culture where censorship is never needed in games - but I also think that we have to get there one step at a time in order to avoid a serious social backlash, and sometimes that means accepting changes we'd honestly rather not have (like this one, which I can accept and be okay with even if I would prefer that it not be necessary). Culture is inconvenient that way.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Rednal wrote:@Alice: I've talked to some other people who have imported, and none of them have mentioned liking the minigame. You may want to keep in mind that this is probably the most forgiving group of fans - those who like it so much they'll play it even if they can't understand it, willingly paying more than full price (especially with shipping) in order to do so. All the people I talked to still found basically no entertainment within the minigame and rapidly resorted to skipping it. I'm certain some people would still like it, of course - there are always people like that. It's just... based on my talks with others and my own personal experience, I don't think many people here would actually get more than two minutes of fun out of it. At most. It's hard for me to care too much when such a small amount of time is at stake.

Also, if you'd actually read my post, you would have noted the following:

though I do feel it's a bit unfortunate for those who wanted to play those parts anyway.

I didn't say people should remove things because I disliked them - I'm just saying I don't consider it a loss (as it relates to my own personal enjoyment of the product), and I do recognize that some people would have preferred to have those things... and I think it's unfortunate they don't. I don't actively want anything removed from a game unless there's a very good reason for it, because I think that keeping in as much content as possible helps to expand society's idea of what's acceptable and make room for people to do what they truly want with games... not what society says is okay for them to do. In other words, I want a culture where censorship is never needed in games - but I also think that we have to get there one step at a time in order to avoid a serious social backlash, and sometimes that means accepting changes we'd honestly rather not have (like this one, which I can accept and be okay with even if I would prefer that it not be necessary). Culture is inconvenient that way.

You could just relish in the Backlash and make cute little remarks to anyone who gets mad at you for releasing a "Disgusting game"

Tang
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Tang » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 pm

neonie wrote:You guys are failing to realize a few things:

1. Houk has said NISA has been profitable for 10 years.
2. NISA now knows they can get away with censorship.
3. No amount of fan-bitching on the forums is going to change the fact they know that.
4. They don't care about your complaints if they know they can ignore them.
5. Nothing you say or do will change this (MSZ) or Criminal Girls being censored.

Realize, much like I have, that this entire fight is futile. Nothing will be done. You can scream at the wall all the live-long day and it won't change a goddamn thing, much like the big bad wolf trying to blow a brick house down, your attacks do zero damage.

You're absolutely right. :cry:

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Guess what? If you can skip the minigame... and if you didn't like it... you could SKIP IT YOURSELF! But for people who are interested in playing it once or every time, we no longer have that choice.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Oh, I agree! The loss of choice is unfortunate.

However, there's also the detail that everyone I talked to wanted to skip it after playing it. I just think there's a fundamental problem in a minigame's design when people who are probably among a company's biggest fans specifically want to avoid going through it more than once.

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Rednal wrote:Oh, I agree! The loss of choice is unfortunate.

However, there's also the detail that everyone I talked to wanted to skip it after playing it. I just think there's a fundamental problem in a minigame's design when people who are probably among a company's biggest fans specifically want to avoid going through it more than once.

And what if it were a really good, engaging, gameplay heavy part of the game, yet was still about rubbing sexy lolis, would you care then?

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 pm

ArmyofDarkness wrote:
Rednal wrote:Oh, I agree! The loss of choice is unfortunate.

And what if it were a really good, engaging, gameplay heavy part of the game, yet was still about rubbing sexy lolis, would you care then?

This is another thing people forget. Criminal Girls is heavily focused on this sort of thing, and censoring it out of personal issue ruins the game on a grand scale.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:19 pm

@AoD: I'd probably be much more concerned about it, depending on how it actually played out. There are... levels of this kind of thing, I think. For example, a lot of loli-rubbing remains even now in Monster Monpiece, and that got through okay. Honestly, I don't care much one way or the other if loli-rubbing is involved or not. It's not something I specifically look for, but I don't specifically avoid it, either. XD I just take things as they happen in games. Nevertheless, the more integrated and important something in a game is, the more I care about it - because it's central to my enjoyment of the game in question.

@Screwy: I don't know the extent of the changes in Criminal Girls, and as such, I have no opinion on them. All I do know is that there seems to be a fairly clear and consistent line where NISA makes the choice to change things - so at least their edits aren't arbitrary.
Last edited by Rednal on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Rednal wrote:@AoD: I'd probably be much more concerned about it, depending on how it actually played out. There are... levels of this kind of thing, I think. For example, a lot of loli-rubbing remains even now in Monster Monpiece, and that got through okay. Honestly, I don't care much one way or the other if loli-running is involved or not. It's not something I specifically look for, but I don't specifically avoid it, either. XD I just take things as they happen in games. Nevertheless, the more integrated and important something in a game is, the more I care about it - because it's central to my enjoyment of the game in question.

@Screwy: I don't know the extent of the changes in Criminal Girls, and as such, I have no opinion on them. All I do know is that there seems to be a fairly clear and consistent line where NISA makes the choice to change things - so at least their edits aren't arbitrary.

That is true, at least we know when it comes to touching loli's we shouldn't be requesting NISA to bring it over.

Screwy
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Screwy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Rednal wrote:@Screwy: I don't know the extent of the changes in Criminal Girls, and as such, I have no opinion on them. All I do know is that there seems to be a fairly clear and consistent line where NISA makes the choice to change things - so at least their edits aren't arbitrary.

Actually, given how the ESRB will actually be lenient with their rating choices, and how companies can contact them with inquiry, those changes ARE arbitrary, especially considering how the Japanese rating system is MUCH more restrictive, not allowing a single bit of nudity or uncovered gore

I do not agree with censorship and cut content. For that, I feel it is best to take my business elsewhere.

Harakiri Sunshine
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Harakiri Sunshine » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:17 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
Rednal wrote:Well, I was mostly referring to the scripts, but it's not like I totally object to them also removing the parts of games that flat-out bored me... though I do feel it's a bit unfortunate for those who wanted to play those parts anyway. It's not like I'm happy with every decision they've ever made, either - just most of them. In this case, the minigame did not entertain me at all, so I don't see its removal as a loss... particularly since they kept a lot of the CGs in. *Shrugs* Either way, that's just how I feel, and I see no reason to pretend otherwise. I play games solely for my own amusement - on general principles, I support things that increase my level of entertainment and oppose things that decrease it.

Well what bored you might not have bored others.
Just because it bored you doesn't mean you should say "Yeah, they should have removed those CG's because I hated them" its what makes people assume you are some kind of marketeer or journalist whenever I see images of your posts posted somewhere and I can see why they think that.

It's because he is http://gematsu.com/author/rednal

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”