Platinum grinds like mugen souls ?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Platinum grinds like mugen souls ?

Postby Aikia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Maybe I shouldnt, but im posting this here, because I wanna ask the mugen souls community mostly.

Have you ever played any game as grindy as this one ?

I dont mind 200 hour games, but 200 hours of JUST entering a battle, peoning, rinse repeat. is way too overwhelming.

I know disgaea 4 and record of agarest war are long games, I never played them so I dont know if there as bad as this platinum.

I'm assuming some star ocean comments will be posted

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Platinum grinds like mugen souls ?

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Yes Star Ocean: The Last Hope takes a long time to get (I've never platinumed that game either).
Tales of Graces takes a while to max out your Eleth Mixer (9999). Thankfully you don't need to max out the Mixers item count...
PSN: YuriFan9999

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Aikia wrote:I dont mind 200 hour games, but 200 hours of JUST entering a battle, peoning, rinse repeat. is way too overwhelming.

It's more like 400+ hours of Peoning, rinse repeating of doing peons. You still need to increase your stat up bonus % for your peons and then level up some more for Chou-Chou and other characters.

I don't think there's any platinum trophy worse than Mugen Souls, Compile Heart probably made that trophy list as a joke and wanted to see how many people would lose their minds to get it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:33 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Aikia wrote:I dont mind 200 hour games, but 200 hours of JUST entering a battle, peoning, rinse repeat. is way too overwhelming.

It's more like 400+ hours of Peoning, rinse repeating of doing peons. You still need to increase your stat up bonus % for your peons and then level up some more for Chou-Chou and other characters.

I don't think there's any platinum trophy worse than Mugen Souls, Compile Heart probably made that trophy list as a joke and wanted to see how many people would lose their minds to get it.

You forgot Star Ocean

Mortal Kombat also has that trophy where you have to play for 624 hours.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:You forgot Star Ocean

I haven't tried Star Ocean the Last Hope yet but that one sounds pretty bad. What makes the Mugen Souls platinum annoying is that every single trophy is a freebie except two trophies that require farming. Your hatred for Shampurus should increase after farming them for a long time lol.

What kind of content would a fighting game have that requires 624 hours to get a platinum... I could understand why RPGs have long trophies because they have a lot of content and secrets. What did Mortal Kombat have us do to get a platinum?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Wdog-999 wrote:You forgot Star Ocean

I haven't tried Star Ocean the Last Hope yet but that one sounds pretty bad. What makes the Mugen Souls platinum annoying is that every single trophy is a freebie except two trophies that require farming. Your hatred for Shampurus should increase after farming them for a long time lol.

What kind of content would a fighting game have that requires 624 hours to get a platinum... I could understand why RPGs have long trophies because they have a lot of content and secrets. What did Mortal Kombat have us do to get a platinum?

Play with each character for 24 hours. It's as stupid and pointless as it sounds.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:54 am

Wdog-999 wrote:Play with each character for 24 hours. It's as stupid and pointless as it sounds.

Yup, definitely pointless. As long as you can be away from the controller for each character it should be fine 8-)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”