Qoga needed for the story?

The official forums for all things Ar Tonelico
Rarc
New Vassal
New Vassal

Qoga needed for the story?

Postby Rarc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:39 pm

I know this is a weird question and that the game is old, but I hope someone can help me.

This is my situation. I have Ar Tonelico 1 and 2, but haven't played them yet, and I didn't get Qoga. Now, with the release of Ar Nosurge (and it being kind of a prequel to AT) I started thinking about Qoga again and if it is worth getting. In terms of gameplay, from watching videos on youtube, I'm not liking it much, I feel it a little slow and shallow, but I'm not sure if I'm getting a wrong impression. In terms of story, I know Qoga uses or makes reference to events and characters from previous games, but my question is: Is Qoga absolutely necessary for the completeness of the story? If I stop at AT2 will I be ok or will I be left hanging? Let me try to explain myself better with a movie example. Does AT work like the Star Wars Trilogy (in which at the end of each movie you are left wondering what happens next) or like the Jason Bourne Trilogy (in which you get the feeling of conclusion from each movie, without the need to watch the next one)?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Qoga needed for the story?

Postby Rednal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 am

Qoga DEFINITELY gives a lot of closure to the story, and it makes a heck of a lot more sense if you've played the other games and understand what's going on. ^^ The overall system isn't that bad, either, once you actually get into it.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

bloodseacolor
Peon
Peon

Re: Qoga needed for the story?

Postby bloodseacolor » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:03 pm

Ah this is a great post. The post may learn new ones never before.

Return to “Ar Tonelico Series”