Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby Steilon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 pm

nekosaur wrote:We will be doomed the day devs stop taking pride in their work. :lol:

So true, games are getting shorter and more generic by the year, they up the graphics and that's it these day's, it makes me glad that companies like NISA, GUST and compile heart exist dood.

shadowmaksim wrote:Having a lot of pride in their work is a good thing...but let's hope it isn't to the point where they have so much pride that they become blind/deaf/whatever to constructive criticism.

Ahhh much like the people making FF13 then, no one wanted a second game much less a third one but they just ignored everyone and carried on with the horrible battle system and characters, if they had just listened they could have saved on money rather than waste it on horrible games dood :lol:
They didn't make me a prinny for my explosive personality dood's -_-

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Steilon wrote:Ahhh much like the people making FF13 then, no one wanted a second game much less a third one but they just ignored everyone and carried on with the horrible battle system and characters, if they had just listened they could have saved on money rather than waste it on horrible games dood :lol:

That statement doesn't apply to me at all.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:32 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:
Steilon wrote:Ahhh much like the people making FF13 then, no one wanted a second game much less a third one but they just ignored everyone and carried on with the horrible battle system and characters, if they had just listened they could have saved on money rather than waste it on horrible games dood :lol:

That statement doesn't apply to me at all.

:lol: I guess I can be a bit harsh, I get some people liked the game but I never understood how anyone could like the game playing for you with scan and auto attack and the constant paradigm shift and forcing you to use the right attack's or dying just didn't rub me well, the last one was the best shot they had but they ruined it with a load of little thing's like a time limit and the battle system feeling slow and clunky with timing elements to it which suck's in these style of games like in lost oddyssey which would have been a good game without the stupid ring system, I loved the whole costume thing, I love customization in games, shame about the rest dood. :(

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 pm

The time limit in Lightning Returns is actually quite a joke. You can finish everything by day 5 or 6 and there are plenty of days where you got nothing to do. By everything, I mean most of the sidequests and extinguishing most of the monsters. On easy mode, you can basically finish everything by day 4 if you know what you're doing. I happened to finish most of the sidequests by day 5 on my first playthrough and finish all the main storylines, then skipped to the final day and killed the final boss. I restarted on hard mode and you could see the difference right away. Easy is the way to go for starters since the EP management is less punishing than Normal and Hard mode. Besides, you can stop time quite a lot on Easy mode. People stress about it, but it was actually quite a breeze. After I extinguished some monster in one area, I forced myself to advance a hour or two on some day, just so a new variation of monsters would appear. Right there, I started freezing time again. You just gotta exploit the system in LR. People bash its poor storytelling, but I personally loved the gameplay experience.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:25 am

Teddie Sage wrote:The time limit in Lightning Returns is actually quite a joke. You can finish everything by day 5 or 6 and there are plenty of days where you got nothing to do. By everything, I mean most of the sidequests and extinguishing most of the monsters. On easy mode, you can basically finish everything by day 4 if you know what you're doing. I happened to finish most of the sidequests by day 5 on my first playthrough and finish all the main storylines, then skipped to the final day and killed the final boss. I restarted on hard mode and you could see the difference right away. Easy is the way to go for starters since the EP management is less punishing than Normal and Hard mode. Besides, you can stop time quite a lot on Easy mode. People stress about it, but it was actually quite a breeze. After I extinguished some monster in one area, I forced myself to advance a hour or two on some day, just so a new variation of monsters would appear. Right there, I started freezing time again. You just gotta exploit the system in LR. People bash its poor storytelling, but I personally loved the gameplay experience.

Yeah that was a game breaking thing with the time stop, you got point's after battle to recharge it so time became irrelevant, I found the story was pretty ok but a game can't be story alone just like how it can't be just gameplay either, I think if they didn't do that weird battle system I would have loved this game but I just couldn't stick it's play style at all, I was hoping it would have been more like kingdom hearts when I first saw it and it was, only slower, it entered an arena to fight and was dull alltogether but that's just my opinion on it, I also kind of wish that either snow was the main character or they gave lightning a personality/better voice actor dood :lol:

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:05 am

She sounds exactly the same in Japan... That's the joke. Well, maybe not for some other people out there, but Lightning always has been a kuudere in my book, so both voices fits her personality. As for the awkward schema system, well, I just gave my schema different roles and had some random fun with them. Always kept a guard skill on my square button moves though. My default schema is always a commando, my second is mostly a ravager one and my third one is always focused on sabotage with a twist, like those rings that allow you to defend yourself 100% against one type of damage, I equip them to my SAB schemata, even though I know my damage output won't be that good for that role alone. The side-effects like poison, deprotect, deshell, etc. still work. My only complain with this game was there wasn't enough to do past 50 hours. I finished the game and rolled my thumbs, expected more after X, X-2, XII, XIII and XIII-2. Played those game all above 110 hours marks.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:43 am

Teddie Sage wrote:She sounds exactly the same in Japan... That's the joke. Well, maybe not for some other people out there, but Lightning always has been a kuudere in my book, so both voices fits her personality. As for the awkward schema system, well, I just gave my schema different roles and had some random fun with them. Always kept a guard skill on my square button moves though. My default schema is always a commando, my second is mostly a ravager one and my third one is always focused on sabotage with a twist, like those rings that allow you to defend yourself 100% against one type of damage, I equip them to my SAB schemata, even though I know my damage output won't be that good for that role alone. The side-effects like poison, deprotect, deshell, etc. still work. My only complain with this game was there wasn't enough to do past 50 hours. I finished the game and rolled my thumbs, expected more after X, X-2, XII, XIII and XIII-2. Played those game all above 110 hours marks.

the FF series of games started going downhill from X onwards and then it hit 13 and I just quit dood :lol:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am

Steilon wrote:the FF series of games started going downhill from X onwards and then it hit 13 and I just quit dood :lol:

I disagree there, but that's just me. The magical wonders of opinions and all that.

I really enjoyed 12 and 13. Besides those, I've played 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, Crystal Chronicles, and a bunch of other spin-offs to those games.

The way I see it, everyone sees this differently. I've seen opinions across the board that either loved or hated every entry after 6. Heck, even 6 wasn't exactly safe from this with some people disliking that one too. Also, it almost seems like no one even talks about any of the games before 6 which I find interesting. Especially in this day and age when just about all the missing entries have been released outside of Japan.

Personally, having bounced around a bit with the entries, each entry offers different mechanics and tries something new so none of them are ever actually the same. Some stuff catches on, some other things don't.

I guess I've just never held the "Final Fantasy" label that highly like what most others seem to so, quality-wise, they are all around the same ballpark to me.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Steilon wrote:the FF series of games started going downhill from X onwards and then it hit 13 and I just quit dood :lol:

I disagree there, but that's just me. The magical wonders of opinions and all that.

I really enjoyed 12 and 13. Besides those, I've played 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, Crystal Chronicles, and a bunch of other spin-offs to those games.

The way I see it, everyone sees this differently. I've seen opinions across the board that either loved or hated every entry after 6. Heck, even 6 wasn't exactly safe from this with some people disliking that one too. Also, it almost seems like no one even talks about any of the games before 6 which I find interesting. Especially in this day and age when just about all the missing entries have been released outside of Japan.

Personally, having bounced around a bit with the entries, each entry offers different mechanics and tries something new so none of them are ever actually the same. Some stuff catches on, some other things don't.

I guess I've just never held the "Final Fantasy" label that highly like what most others seem to so, quality-wise, they are all around the same ballpark to me.

Yeah everyone's different, that's just how I see thing's like how the second FF game was horrible too to me but others liked it, there's only one game in existence that I will never agree with anyone on being a good game and that's DMC devil may cry, that game was a travesty that should never have existed FF13 is a masterpiece compared to that trash dood. :cry:

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am

Somehow I don't think this thread is for personal opinions on Final Fantasy or Devil May Cry games peoples. :P
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:14 am

Ringwraith wrote:Somehow I don't think this thread is for personal opinions on Final Fantasy or Devil May Cry games peoples. :P

Pretty much.

Though with the main topic at hand already answered/fixed (finally)...there really isn't much purpose left for the thread in general. A little offtopic-ness can't hurt too much.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:35 am

Yeah. Though I guess the thread should be close until someone reports another game breaking glitch. *shrugs* Was fun chatting with you peeps. :lol:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolv

Postby vampko » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah, it's done and over with, so time to lock this thread.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Crash/Freeze in Mugen Field

Postby neonie » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 pm

So this got resolved, and I literally had time to move into an entirely new house by the time it did.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: Crash/Freeze in Mugen Field

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 pm

neonie wrote:So this got resolved, and I literally had time to move into an entirely new house by the time it did.

The game has only been out for 3 months so I would say it wasn't that long of a wait.

@darkr The wait is on Sony not the company that makes the patch as it has to be okay'd by Sony before it can be released.

At least now I can think about getting this game for my birthday in October or save up and buy it myself before hand.

I'll be getting Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 next month which this time isn't published by NIS America but by Idea Factory International.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”