*SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: *SPOILERS* Dangan Ronpa 2 General Spoilers Discussion

Postby Zetsubear » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Chapter 3 is giving me butterfly feels in my gut
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Marc
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Marc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 am

Komaeda's 5th Free Time event
Spoiler:
"Please, don't forget... From the bottom of my heart... I am truly in love with the hope that sleeps inside you."

Looks like the translators made Komaeda's aborted confession more ambiguous in the localization. Though to be fair, the original line is a little difficult to translate into English without making the sentence look awkward.

Personally, I feel the localization team could have captured the backpedaling if they changed up the order of the sentences or the ellipses so it reads something like this: "Please, don't forget... I am truly in love with (y)... with the hope that sleeps inside you from the bottom of my heart." or "Please, don't forget... From the bottom of my heart, I am truly in love with (y)... with the hope that sleeps inside you."
Last edited by Marc on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:33 am

Spoiler:
Yup, I agree it really does look more ambiguous. I find it kinda funny how we thought of the same exact translation :mrgreen:
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Is it a stretch to believe SHSL Despair were working behind the scenes in DR1? Souda built most of the execution machines like the Bike/cage or Rocket device, Teruteru was making sure the kitchen was fully stocked so that the kids won't go hungry, Mahiru handled the photographs before the DR1 making sure to always take pictures when Junko's face is obscured.

Playing the first game again makes the little things make sense.

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Spoiler:
Imposter byakuya
had the best island mode ending. Also, i would like a light novel
involving that character.
Meteor Breaker!

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:29 am

You're not the only one! So many of us want to know more about that character. Oh well.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Reflecting back on case 4 after clearing case 5,
Spoiler:
is Gundam still the "killer" even though Nekomaru fell to his death by his own actions? Gundam may have set up the murder to happen, much like Nagito in case 5, but a startled Neko caused himself to fall from the handle. Like with Nagito, the elaborate trap was set, but the "murderer" had to trip it themselves, accidentally or otherwise.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:25 pm

lopez wrote:Reflecting back on case 4 after clearing case 5,
Spoiler:
is Gundam still the "killer" even though Nekomaru fell to his death by his own actions? Gundam may have set up the murder to happen, much like Nagito in case 5, but a startled Neko caused himself to fall from the handle. Like with Nagito, the elaborate trap was set, but the "murderer" had to trip it themselves, accidentally or otherwise.

Spoiler:
I'd say so.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

RedRogue
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby RedRogue » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:58 am

Okay, I'm playing through the Ch.4 trial right now and I have something I can't get past that I need help with, and you know, I figured this would be the best place to get said help.

Spoiler:
So during the rebuttal showdown with Kazuichi, he's saying that Mechamaru couldn't have fallen due to still being in sleep mode. To refute his argument, I thought I needed to use the truth blade "Alarm Clock Timer" on "Still in Sleep Mode." IT DOESN'T WORK. I can't figure out any other combination of truth blade/weak point that makes any sense. I even looked this up in a walkthrough and it indicated that my original guess was correct, but it just keeps damaging me and continuing with his argument! IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:07 am

RedRogue wrote:Okay, I'm playing through the Ch.4 trial right now and I have something I can't get past that I need help with, and you know, I figured this would be the best place to get said help.

Spoiler:
So during the rebuttal showdown with Kazuichi, he's saying that Mechamaru couldn't have fallen due to still being in sleep mode. To refute his argument, I thought I needed to use the truth blade "Alarm Clock Timer" on "Still in Sleep Mode." IT DOESN'T WORK. I can't figure out any other combination of truth blade/weak point that makes any sense. I even looked this up in a walkthrough and it indicated that my original guess was correct, but it just keeps damaging me and continuing with his argument! IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Spoiler:
Are you hitting the point in time? I mean, it's definitely "Clock's Alarm TImer", but maybe you're not striking at the right time. Or is it possible you were using "Radio Clock" on accident?

RedRogue
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby RedRogue » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:27 am

CTOONfan1 wrote:
RedRogue wrote:Okay, I'm playing through the Ch.4 trial right now and I have something I can't get past that I need help with, and you know, I figured this would be the best place to get said help.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Are you hitting the point in time? I mean, it's definitely "Clock's Alarm TImer", but maybe you're not striking at the right time. Or is it possible you were using "Radio Clock" on accident?

Spoiler:
No, I made double, triple, and quadruple sure it was set to the alarm timer. I even tried radio clock just to be sure, and it doesn't damage me when I miss it so I know I'm hitting it in time.

RedRogue
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby RedRogue » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:55 pm

RedRogue wrote:
CTOONfan1 wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
No, I made double, triple, and quadruple sure it was set to the alarm timer. I even tried radio clock just to be sure, and it doesn't damage me when I miss it so I know I'm hitting it in time.

*UPDATE*

So I figured out what my problem was.
I FORGOT that to CUT the WEAK POINT you have to press the TRIANGLE BUTTON because I am a first class IDIOT.

I swear I wonder how I got this far in the game with my wonderful deduction and memory skills.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Question about Chiaki

DR1/2
Spoiler:
When did Chihiro from DR1 get around to making the Hope Restoration Project and Chiaki/Usami? Was it before DR1 began? Also, was this just a generalized rehab program for any "bad" people or was it specifically made for the Ultimate Despair? If the latter, again, when did Chihiro have time to program and debug it?

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:59 pm

^^^Regarding the above spoiler:

Spoiler:
If I'm remembering rightly those things weren't made by Chihiro personally, they were technically made by others, but those others used the kinds of AI programs and other software that Chihiro had developed, so he made them in the roundabout sense.

I could be remembering wrong though, I'll have to check, so don't quote me on that.

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:02 pm

lopez wrote:Question about Chiaki

DR1/2
Spoiler:
When did Chihiro from DR1 get around to making the Hope Restoration Project and Chiaki/Usami? Was it before DR1 began? Also, was this just a generalized rehab program for any "bad" people or was it specifically made for the Ultimate Despair? If the latter, again, when did Chihiro have time to program and debug it?

Spoiler:
It's said in the summary Hajime read that his research was used to create it. It doesn't necessarily mean that Chihiro developed it himself. People just used his research results, along with the Ultimate Neurologist's (Yasuke Matsuda from DR/0) and the Ultimate Therapist's. Heck, Alter Ego was probably one of the bases for the project.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”