Is there anything better about this game than its sequel?

Official Mugen Souls Discussion Forum
NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Is there anything better about this game than its sequel?

Postby NikkolasKing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:28 am

Hi everyone, been a while since I posted on here. Was active in the MSZ forum for a while but I sold my copy of the game because I needed cash and also because the Mugen Field fix hadn't been issued yet.
(it has been issued, right? I might pick up a new copy of the game later)

Anyway, I recall a few people telling me MSZ was better than the first game. I've never played the first game, apart from a few minutes. I bought it digitally and it's kinda just been taking up space on my PS3.

Is it worht a playthrough for someone who beat MSZ?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Is there anything better about this game than its sequel

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:04 am

Hello, NikkolasKing. The Mugen Field has been fixed on July 29th which is exactly 3 months ago and the thread is closed now. http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14724&p=801877#p801877

Aside from the story and setting being different, the wider variety of end of chapter CGs, side events on the G-Castle and cool battle music (changes depending on your location) is probably the only thing I like better in this game. The gameplay is more basic and a lot more unbalanced, if you want to see how Chou-Chou turned the heroes and demon lords into her peons, then it's probably worth checking it out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Well I am interested in the history of Alys and Belleria, they were my favorite "returning" characters in Z. From what little I gathered of the first game's plot from conversations in MSZ, it sounds like Belleria is actually pretty important in this.

So I might try it out. Thanks for your post.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:49 pm

No problem.

Mugen Souls Z explained exactly what happened in the first game in the first few minutes of the game and the Shampuru that shows your game records in the right of the G-Castle also explains everything from the first game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 am

I don't remember MSZ explaining what happened apart from Chou-Chou visiting worlds and hen there was bad guy manipulating Belleria. I'm not saying it didn't give a more detailed explanation but I don't remember anything about said detailed explanation.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the Character Viewer has the Fetish Poses? Like, in MSZ, you could make any of the characters do "Forgive Me" and not just Syrma. But it doesn't look like you see the poses in this game (you just see Chou-Chou's face I think) so maybe there are no poses to view.

Which is sad....

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 am

NikkolasKing wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't remember MSZ explaining what happened apart from Chou-Chou visiting worlds and hen there was bad guy manipulating Belleria. I'm not saying it didn't give a more detailed explanation but I don't remember anything about said detailed explanation.

That's pretty much the entire story of this game.
Out of curiosity, do you know if the Character Viewer has the Fetish Poses? Like, in MSZ, you could make any of the characters do "Forgive Me" and not just Syrma. But it doesn't look like you see the poses in this game (you just see Chou-Chou's face I think) so maybe there are no poses to view.

Which is sad....

Yup, that's right. This game is much more basic, all you see is Chou-Chou's face when you Captivate.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls”