Criminal Girls General Chat

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Criminal Girls General Chat - Feb 2nd - Limited Edition

Postby razisgosu » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 pm

I actually find Sako has slightly higher single target damage than Kisaragi. Strictly auto attack speaking at least. Once you take poison into account I think Kisaragi does do more overtime.

Running with Sako, Kisaragi, Tomoe, Alice myself. Thinking about throwing in Shin at some point, but I really don't want a second squishy in the party and I also don't want to ditch Alice.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 pm

razisgosu wrote:I actually find Sako has slightly higher single target damage than Kisaragi. Strictly auto attack speaking at least. Once you take poison into account I think Kisaragi does do more overtime.

Running with Sako, Kisaragi, Tomoe, Alice myself. Thinking about throwing in Shin at some point, but I really don't want a second squishy in the party and I also don't want to ditch Alice.

Yeah, Kisaragi makes up her for her mild lack of damage with status affects. My main are Tomoe, alice, Kisaragi and Ran
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

bob slim
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby bob slim » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:40 pm

I platinum this game it was fun.

Hate all the dang on fog so pointless its not like they nude but what ever still like it
I only talk when its something Instereting to talk about
http://psnprofiles.com/zane20x

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:50 pm

bob slim wrote:I platinum this game it was fun.

Hate all the dang on fog so pointless its not like they nude but what ever still like it

Congrats.

I'll probably get the EN plat first when I get my copy (ordered it with Htol) followed by the JP plat since I bothered to import the game.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:43 pm

So since I just saw it when the thread was bumped, I just thought I'd link to this post of Houk's saying flat out the info thread, which he made, is where discussion about the censorship goes.

I know no one's doing it here/now but that ends that discussion (not that it should have needed to take place) so I figured it was pertinent enough.

Dreiko
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Dreiko » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:31 am

Hi, I was wondering what % of the char's lines is voice acted in this game. I'm thinking of importing but I have an easier time with spoken Japanese than i do with written Japanese so the higher % of spoken dialogue the better for me. Thanks for replying!

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:02 pm

Does anybody know if the choices you make in the dialogue trees/selections actually affect much? I've tested it a couple times, and while you'll get a different response at first, they always default to the same interaction in the end.

I only cleared the Morass Block earlier, so I might be missing something that comes up later, but just curious.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Dreiko wrote:Hi, I was wondering what % of the char's lines is voice acted in this game. I'm thinking of importing but I have an easier time with spoken Japanese than i do with written Japanese so the higher % of spoken dialogue the better for me. Thanks for replying!

All of dialogue by the girls is spoken but there are items along the way and NPC's who don't have voiced dialogue that will probably cause you to miss roughly half the story/subtitles. Also good luck dealing with Japanese riddles :P

lazyfan wrote:Does anybody know if the choices you make in the dialogue trees/selections actually affect much? I've tested it a couple times, and while you'll get a different response at first, they always default to the same interaction in the end.

I only cleared the Morass Block earlier, so I might be missing something that comes up later, but just curious.

I'm on the Fifth floor of the tower and nothing that I can tell. Hell sometimes if you don't pick the right option it lets you try again to pick the right one.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

lazyfan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby lazyfan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:56 pm

neonie wrote:
lazyfan wrote:Does anybody know if the choices you make in the dialogue trees/selections actually affect much? I've tested it a couple times, and while you'll get a different response at first, they always default to the same interaction in the end.

I'm on the Fifth floor of the tower and nothing that I can tell. Hell sometimes if you don't pick the right option it lets you try again to pick the right one.

Thanks, I figured as much. It seemed like it didn't affect much, but I didn't want to get locked out of anything.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 pm

I've just picked up this game. I wanted to motivate Alice for the first tutorial battle but I'm curious what would happen if I picked Ran? Just wondering if Alice is the only one whose not allowed to be motivated at the beginning. I picked Sako because she was the 2nd to the bottom so she worked. I know you can motivate Kisaragi because I watched the stream for this game.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm

If you motivated Alice, you would deeply regret it. XD Ran would probably work, too. The point is that you REALLY want a powerful physical fighter at the start of the game, because they're the only character you've got. Having someone like Alice would make it near-impossible to proceed. XD;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:23 pm

That would make a lot of sense why they wouldn't allow us to motivate Alice, at least they gave us a choice and we find out that she's to scared to be motivated.

Maybe I'll go restart the game and spank the old lady since I liked the "Let's go old lady" line when they do double attacks.

Edit:
Yup, looks like Alice is the only one you can't motivate at the beginning. Was able to get Ran ready for battle.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Yeah, the game devs decided to have mercy and won't let you Motivate Alice right off the bat, since doing so would be an almost guaranteed Game Over.
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Haha, I was thinking about motivating Alice as the next person for the miniboss but I thought twice about it and said "nah".

I failed to smack the temptations on the first motivation but it gave 100 EXP which is good enough to get the next person to learn attack in the next successful motivation. Still on the tutorials but I like the mini boss battle music, reminds me of the "In the Hall of the Mountain King" orchestral.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Finally started, some early thoughts (on first floor of Morass, haven't played much yet):

- Overall I'm liking the writing, at least, but it feels more like a DRPG (in that there just isn't much writing at all to speak of) right now, but that could improve later since I'm so early in. I do like that you see the little characters on the side (a huge improvement over DRPGs), and in fact I think I like those pictures more than their portraits. Get us some avatars of those, eh? On the other hand, the speed you move through dungeons is pretty slow and right now, the maps aren't too exciting, but the latter could improve later at least.

- Battle system is... not what I was expecting, and I'm more than a little disappointed, but I'll blame that completely on my misunderstanding what I read about it combined with not researching it further. I assumed the characters would disobey you when you gave them orders and how well they would listen would improve as the game progressed, not that what you could tell them to do was just randomized every turn... but they still listened every time. This isn't bad, and it's definitely unique, but I was hoping for something else. :lol:

- The minigame... really kind of sucks for all the hype it's gotten. :lol: I mean, from a honest to goodness gameplay perspective, you touch the touch screens for a few seconds and that's it (at least Monpiece had you frantically running around trying not to screw up), and it's much less S&M as I think some hoped and just more straight punishment for the sake of it as far I can tell. Which still works for what the game is trying to accomplish, but I dunno. All in all, it feels like a whole lotta nothing given all the controversy it somehow got. Also, since you have to do it twice to level up, why not just charge double instead?

- Sako is the best right now. She hits hard, and once you unlock Shout, you can just sit next to an infirmary and call for enemies to come over then heal right after. Good stuff. 8-)

Prolly gonna play more later. Wanna try to get this at least a little out of the way before I'm overrun by Neptunia games. :lol:

Return to “Criminal Girls”