Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

They're criminals. They're girls. They're criminal girls!
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Criminal Girls official info thread (read this first)

Postby lopez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:32 am

Internet petitions have little to no viability in the greater scheme of things. In the Tales case the games have been localized before, so it wasn't much of a stretch to see Namco try localizing them again. Censorship is culturally engrained in Western culture. To change that is (arguably) to change the very core of Western culture.

What I've suggested before takes time, though time isn't what the newer generations have, to deal with these issues. There's much more to discuss, but this will only open up old wounds and further push the thread off topic.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:53 am

lopez wrote:Censorship is culturally engrained in Western culture. To change that is (arguably) to change the very core of Western culture.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Culture's man-made, it's wrong all the time, and it changes over time.

Never mind how bad NISA handles their games, the fact that the A branch of NIS even existing is a change. NISA is ~10 years younger than N1.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:56 am

That's... a matter of perspective. I've been following NISA since about halfway through the PS2 era, and they've been by far the most consistent company when it comes to releasing games I've personally enjoyed. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
lopez wrote:Censorship is culturally engrained in Western culture. To change that is (arguably) to change the very core of Western culture.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Culture's man-made, it's wrong all the time, and it changes over time.

You got 3 out of 4 right. Everybody has and shares a culture, even gamers. There are practices, rituals, language, behaviors and more that gamers use that sets them apart from other cultures. Saying culture is wrong is like saying people have no identity. That's why I like studying gamer culture online, there's so much data to work with :D

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:04 pm

I want to point out, I see a lot of people say stuff like "the younger generation wants stuff right now", often in a very negative connotation. Like their impatient, and I personally think that's a fucking stupid attitude to have. People should want things right now. They should want things as fast as they can possibly get them.

Maybe you're fine with wasting your life away and spending copious amounts of your life waiting for things, but I think people should have a fire under their ass. Unless we can find some sort of way to immortality with this generation, we have precious little time on earth, having the mindset of wanting stuff right now is the attitude we all should have. We should want to experience as much as possible as fast possible.

If that makes me impatient then I'll goddamn be impatient because it's a hell of a lot better than wasting what little time I have on this earth waiting for things.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Personally, wanting something as soon as possible is pretty normal. It's the "throwing a tantrum whenever you don't get it immediately" part that seems to be the problem, at least from my perspective. I know there are plenty of things I'd more than happily get right now but I understand that it just doesn't work that way most of the time so I adjust my expectations, or at least I try, to match it.

But that isn't really exclusive to the more younger generations. That's been a thing for a long time.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:"throwing a tantrum whenever you don't get it immediately" .

Throwing a tantrum over anything is shitty. Not just because I think it's unproductive flailing, but also because it's actually just another waste of time you could be doing something else.

You're right, we can't have everything right now, and in those cases, finding something else to occupy your time productively is the best course of action. That is, in fact, how the world works.

But I don't see anything wrong with the idea of wanting everything as soon as possible. That mindset isn't flawed, as long as you keep realistic expectations.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:32 pm

lopez wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:

You got 3 out of 4 right. Everybody has and shares a culture, even gamers. There are practices, rituals, language, behaviors and more that gamers use that sets them apart from other cultures. Saying culture is wrong is like saying people have no identity. That's why I like studying gamer culture online, there's so much data to work with :D

So apparently the culture out there that practices genital mutilation must be right then, otherwise they would have no identity. What about the Etoro tribe?

Culture can be wrong, there simply isn't a way to say otherwise without making a bunch of compromises.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:
lopez wrote:
Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:

So apparently the culture out there that practices genital mutilation must be right then, otherwise they would have no identity. What about the Etoro tribe?

Culture can be wrong, there simply isn't a way to say otherwise without making a bunch of compromises.

Now you're arguing something completely different. Culture itself is an identity. You may think that a given culture is bad, but what are you comparing it too? There are cultures out there that differ to varying degrees to our own, but that doesn't mean they are inherently "bad/evil", that's a subjective judgement, usually based on not fully understanding that culture and its background.

Anyways, I'd love to continue this discussion and the one about Millennials being impulsive (I love social sciences), but let's move it somewhere else. Let's keep this thread on topic. If anyone else is interested in continuing this discussion then lets move it to the Random Chat subforum.

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:36 pm

You don't understand my point lopez...and you're a bit dodgy. But okay, we're not doing this here.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:52 pm

We can discuss it in Random Chat or via PM's if you want. I'm not dodging the topic, just trying to keep this thread on track, especially since it tends to fall apart.

I'm going to bounce, but shoot me a PM if you're interested.

The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Aikia wrote:
The_Dood_Abides wrote:
Aikia wrote:
And I might not do so again for a censored NISA release

Like I said, this game went beyond censorship, and most people agree with it, I don't even care about censorship, but this is taking it too far. You guys can defend all you want, the majority of nisa fans are completely against this.

Companies like bungie can afford to make mistakes, you guys can't if you wanna keep your few dedicated. There's limits.

Sorry to burst your confirmation bias bubble, but we're actually very happy with Criminal Girls' sales performance. If our decision to censor certain elements of Criminal Girls incensed the majority of our fanbase to such a degree that it had a negative impact on the game's sales, we're not seeing it.

So your telling me mugen souls, monster monpiece and criminal girls haven't hurt your sales or fanbase ?

Correct. Also, we didn't localize Monster Monpiece.

Aikia wrote:Please, you may be a moderator, but no one with half a brain is gonna buy that.

https://youtu.be/praFGD51ih8
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:49 pm

Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

Ultimate_Nova_X
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Ultimate_Nova_X » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Aikia wrote:So your telling me mugen souls, monster monpiece and criminal girls haven't hurt your sales or fanbase ?
Please, you may be a moderator, but no one with half a brain is gonna buy that.

It certainly has, at least for Mugen Souls. But NISA will never admit it.

In fact, I remember Houk specifically stating that the poor Mugen Souls sales was not because of censorship, without actually stating what the real cause of its poor sales were. Nobody bought it, replies were immediately made to call him out on that, and Houk stayed silent.

Criminal Girls was, arguably, not treated as poorly as Mugen Souls were can be induced to be a result of anti-censorship backlash. Basically, if people supported censorship, CG probably would've been censored even more. inb4nisadefensedenial

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 pm

Ultimate_Nova_X wrote:Criminal Girls was, arguably, not treated as poorly as Mugen Souls
Arguably how? MS had the entire thing cut out, CG just edited it. There's no argument there.

Return to “Criminal Girls”