What the hell is going on with the Season Pass? (EU)

Alliance of Vengeance
Kruxxor
Vassal
Vassal

What the hell is going on with the Season Pass? (EU)

Postby Kruxxor » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 pm

The release date for Disgaea 5 was pushed back by a week.

US received ALL DLC on the Season Pass from day 1

The release schedule I have seen states that the first wave of DLC was going to be released on the 16th October (Release date for Disgaea 5 here in the EU) however it is still not available.

Why the hell have I spent £30 just get Pleinair?

There's no response from NIS on any social media platform, my e-mail has yet to be answered - Why is there zero information on the actual release schedule for EU?

We've been punished enough considering what the US has been received, just give us something, dood!

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Re: What the hell is going on with the Season Pass? (EU)

Postby Galblade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:50 pm

I really want to know too. We really have the pointy end of the stick here. Even if what happened to the US was a bug, NISA should have rolled with it and did the same for us. Its not making me hate the game at least, it's more fun than I had ever expected. Just some kind of response anywhere would be nice.

LeDelmo
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby LeDelmo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Why did you buy the season pass when no DLC was available even?

At least you got the EXCLUSIVE Pleinair...

I honestly feel like bashing my head in from trying to understanding why people buy into all this DLC business.

It's like developers an do no wrong. Fans throw out excuse after excuse. But really they are just deluding themselves of the facts. Developers arnt your friend. You don't have to throw you're money at them hoping they will keep making games.

If I said it once Iv said it a thousand times, "DLC gives developers zero incentive to put forth real effort to maximize there games".
Because they can simply remove stuff from the game development to sell separately.

Digital content is being abused by developers and fans seem to be all to happy to buy into it AGGRESSIVELY!

These season passes are even worse. They are selling these stupid things before they even make the dam DLC! Thats even worse than pre-ordering a game!

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Season passes are guaranteed sales for all the DLC and a good gauge of interest for the content. The fact that it saves people, that are most likely buying all of it anyway, a good amount of money is nice too.

Kruxxor
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Kruxxor » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:47 pm

LeDelmo wrote:Why did you buy the season pass when no DLC was available even?

At least you got the EXCLUSIVE Pleinair...

I honestly feel like bashing my head in from trying to understanding why people buy into all this DLC business.

It's like developers an do no wrong. Fans throw out excuse after excuse. But really they are just deluding themselves of the facts. Developers arnt your friend. You don't have to throw you're money at them hoping they will keep making games.

If I said it once Iv said it a thousand times, "DLC gives developers zero incentive to put forth real effort to maximize there games".
Because they can simply remove stuff from the game development to sell separately.

Digital content is being abused by developers and fans seem to be all to happy to buy into it AGGRESSIVELY!

These season passes are even worse. They are selling these stupid things before they even make the dam DLC! Thats even worse than pre-ordering a game!

As far as I was aware the DLC was available. I was following the Disgaea Subreddit and saw numerous posts about the Season Pass giving all the DLC at once.

It wasn't until after I had purchased the DLC that I knew I would have to wait until god-knows-when to play the exact same content as the US.

Developers can do wrong, and they aren't our friends - However it is within their interest to keep their customers happy, because we are the ones with the money.

Whether developers maximize their games or not has nothing to do with DLC. Look at some of the huge hits;
Skyrim
Fallout
The Witcher
Mass Effect
The list could go on

These games, in my opinion, are excellent games, the DLC added to the joy of playing them and even if I never purchased the DLC I would not think I bought a 'lesser game'.

On the flip side games like Call of Duty, Battlefield and Evolve take it to the extreme. Hell, even The Sims is beyond excessive with their DLC / Expansion packs - I believe this puts a LOT of people off (For good reason, too).

I'm not usually one for DLC but Disgaea has a special place in my heart and I just couldn't resist. I just hoped there was more news about it since the release schedule must be for the US.

Also - The Season Pass content has already been made and translated (Hence why the US had it on day 1)
Japan have had the DLC for months.

Professor Prinny
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Professor Prinny » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:13 am

Kruxxor wrote:The Season Pass content has already been made and translated (Hence why the US had it on day 1)
Japan have had the DLC for months.

True. The DLC in Japan was spread out over 5 months starting in March with the game's release and ending in July.

The content has been basically done since then. Although I agree due to the US DLC Screw up, and the subsequent delay in EU, the EU also deserve to get all of the content at once as well.

How NISA handled this entire situation has been very strange. Or it could have just been an error with PSN itself.

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 am

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/ ... l-16-more/

First week of Disgaea 5 dlc released. Seems like we're getting the old schedule which is a shame.

SirSaber
Vassal
Vassal

Postby SirSaber » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:48 pm

I'm writing in here because it's also an issue with the season pass (EU).
As of today october30th 4 new DLCs where added to the PSN store (EU).

- 2x Disgaea 4 scenarios
- Character : Nisa
- Character : Angelic Host (female)

All of them have a price tag and I have bough the season pass so they shouldn't show any price at all.

I don't know if it's because they've just come out today but this is annoying...

The season pass clearly has these DLCs and others in it's list so we should be able to download them, since we already paid for it.

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:38 pm

SirSaber wrote:I'm writing in here because it's also an issue with the season pass (EU).

- 2x Disgaea 4 scenarios

All of them have a price tag and I have bough the season pass so they shouldn't show any price at all.

I don't know if it's because they've just come out today but this is annoying...

The season pass clearly has these DLCs and others in it's list so we should be able to download them, since we already paid for it.

Exactly the same situation for me. Why is this so messed up?

Licania
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Licania » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Looks like everyone in europe has problem with the new content (not included in the season pass even if it should as mark on the pack description : https://store.playstation.com/#!/fr-fr/ ... A5DLCSPASS) can we have some ETA on a fix ? (my wild guess will be next friday...)

SirSaber
Vassal
Vassal

Postby SirSaber » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:38 am

Galblade wrote:
SirSaber wrote:I'm writing in here because it's also an issue with the season pass (EU).

- 2x Disgaea 4 scenarios

Exactly the same situation for me. Why is this so messed up?

As of now the problem is solved.
The DLCs are now labelled as "free" for all who bought the Season Pass.

Thanks NIS or whoever fixed that.

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:54 pm

SURPRISE!!! Oh wait, this isn't a good surprise... The DLC is messed up again this week, yaaay!!!

Bal-Sagoth
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Bal-Sagoth » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:28 am

I am not very pleased.

I bought the european season pass, and I see four new DLC's have been released (early this morning, like 1 AM CET)... I'm being asked to pay for them.

I shouldn't : I bought the season pass just for that...

Could you please hurry it up a bit and fix this annoyance?

Thank you NISa.

SirSaber
Vassal
Vassal

Postby SirSaber » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:43 am

Dooooods !!

Why can't we have a "functioning" season pass ?!

I'll send NISA an e-mail again ... *sigh*

If I wouldn't love this game that much ...

Galblade
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Galblade » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 am

I posted on the playstation blog more than 12 hours ago so it seems no-one is paying attention there.

Return to “Disgaea 5 (PS4)”