Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Get your Neptune chat on here, doods!
ZeroHurricane
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Geki Jigen Tag Blanc + Neptune Vs Zombie Gundan (Vita)

Postby ZeroHurricane » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:21 am

Wdog-999 wrote:Just played the first five chapters last night and here are my impressions...

Stages are considerably shorter this time around. Many stages have around 50-100 enemies if not less.

That said, enemies also have more HP and hit harder and quicker than in U, so it's certainly harder. That said, once you unlock the Dogoo Man support that lets you regain 15% HP, you can basically just hang back and walk around for a while when your HP gets low and just use your heal support once it charges up, so it isn't too hard unless you're going for SSS ranks. Not even the arbitrary time limit does much to make it harder given it's generally 30-60 minutes long, which is far longer than you will ever need even with waiting for supports to heal yourself.

The game is even more linear than U is and the difficulty curve feels a bit too high. There doesn't seem to be any sidequests whatsoever and the enemies get stronger fairly quickly, so unless you really like grinding, you can expect to use the same two characters the entire time as there isn't much of a chance to grind naturally.

You don't start off with all characters by default (you start off with Blanc, Neptune, Nepgear, Ram, and Rom, with each chapter adding 1-2 new characters) and every character starts off at Level 1 regardless of where you unlock them, making it pointless to actually use most of those new characters since again, the difficulty curve is too high to make using said characters practical without grinding (they could probably survive if you just hang back and get in hits every so often since the stat boosts from leveling up aren't too significant to make later stages near-impossible at Level 1, but even that will likely only hold true for so long).

Lily ranks now increase every battle instead of every 3 battles, so they're easier to grind, not to mention the only trophy related to them simply requires you to max out one lily rank. Why it gives you a silver despite taking all of 7-9 battles depending on who you start with, I don't know. It's probably similar to whatever reason they had for making the SSS Rank trophy a silver even though the first level is a free SSS Rank (it has all of three enemies).

Overall, I'd say it's both a step forward and a step back from U. I appreciate that they're trying to make it so each stage isn't just "mash Square for 5 minutes and win," but it still feels kinda boring.

When the first time I played it, the game is ridiculously easy, even though I never played U before. It's no surprise I've got highest grading very easy, except that one daily quest for Saturday in multiplayer mode.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 am

it's pretty epic that MP mode also works alone, too bad it doesnt work with WLAN off...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:52 pm

My1xT wrote:it's pretty epic that MP mode also works alone, too bad it doesnt work with WLAN off...

Wait, you can do MP missions alone? If so, does that void anything at all or is the only disadvantage the lack of firepower? If this is true, then that's great news since I imagine the Korean servers will go dead (no pun intended) in the two weeks it'll take me to get it even with preordering and finding other people with the drive and passion to actually bother with the Korean version would likely drive me insane.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:28 am

I think thae lack of power and the fact you cannot switch are most of your problems. (and the fact you cannot use bonus skills)

but what pun.

but as I said there are items so it isnt that hard. I usually just use Nepgear so she's pretty high up.
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:02 pm

My1xT wrote:I think thae lack of power and the fact you cannot switch are most of your problems. (and the fact you cannot use bonus skills)

but what pun.

but as I said there are items so it isnt that hard. I usually just use Nepgear so she's pretty high up.

Do your levels from single player carry over or are you back at Level 1 for MP? If they carry over, I imagine leveling up to Level 99 would help with that, and it wouldn't even be a waste of time if it didn't do much since there's a trophy for it anyway.

I mentioned dead servers. The game happens to be about zombies, which are technically undead, but it's close enough. :P

Assuming the time limits are as stupidly long as they are in single player, you might even be able to get by with the two Doggo supports since they each heal for 15% HP and since you can always just hang back while the support charges, there's not much concern about dying before it charges completely.
Trophy card
Spoiler:

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:30 pm

It's coming to the West, Spring 2016!
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:01 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:It's coming to the West, Spring 2016!

Wow who saw that coming...?

just zombies? What does gundan mean?
Spoiler:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

LoweeIsLove wrote:It's coming to the West, Spring 2016!

"Megatagmension"

I know it's actually pretty easy to pronounce when you look at it for a second and it incorporates the Tag part of the title, but still, what the hell...
Trophy card
Spoiler:

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Hyperdestruction Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies sounds better to me.

Also they're using the term 'Megadimension' more often....
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

xizro345
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby xizro345 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:50 pm

kosmos wrote:

Gundan can be translated as "Corps", so in the original title it means "Vs Zombie Corps" or "Vs Zombie Army".

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:22 am

xizro345 wrote:
kosmos wrote:

Gundan can be translated as "Corps", so in the original title it means "Vs Zombie Corps" or "Vs Zombie Army".

Either of these two is way cooler than just "Zombies".
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:29 am

Lan-kun wrote:
xizro345 wrote:
kosmos wrote:

There may be a reason behind the name not being zombie corps maybe even this and this could cover the other one, possibly.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Lan-kun
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Lan-kun » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:12 am

vampko wrote:There may be a reason behind the name not being zombie corps maybe even this and this could cover the other one, possibly.

Oooooooh...
Yeah, just "Zombies" is good enough. :lol:
Spoiler:
In a dark, damp place known as the mind...

Doodle Nep: mAkE a CoMiC aBoUt Us, I dArE yOu. I'lL nEp YeR fAcE In If YoU dO.
Lan-kun: K.

Me fanfics lie within this link!

kosmos
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby kosmos » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:21 pm

vampko wrote:
Lan-kun wrote:
xizro345 wrote:
kosmos wrote:

There may be a reason behind the name not being zombie corps maybe even this and this could cover the other one, possibly.

Well...
How about Zombie Platoon, Zombie Squad, Zombie Militia, Zombie Batallion or Zombie Brigade? :lol:
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:41 pm

kosmos wrote:Zombie Squad

kosmos wrote:Zombie Militia

kosmos wrote:Zombie Batallion

kosmos wrote:Zombie Brigade

not to say these are necessarily the issues. Just, there's a possibility that they hit some sort of trademark wall, and had to stick with "zombie". that's only from a quick google search, I'm sure there are better methods to research this.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia Series”